Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Eight issues? Longer than I expected.

everyone seems to have overlooked the most important thing out of all the books

SLEEPWALKER is back YAY
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Cardiac is probably the villain SpOck kills to up his street cred.

(I kid!)
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    everyone seems to have overlooked the most important thing out of all the books

SLEEPWALKER is back YAY
    SleepWalker/DarkHawk mini. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Cardiac is probably the villain SpOck kills to up his street cred.

(I kid!)
    You might be right, and I would be ok with that. As long as Cardiac is used efficiently and drives the story forward. A dead Cardiac that would haunt Peter forever...because he failed to stop Otto? I can live with that.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I wonder if the summer event has anything to do with Spidey 2099. Slott has said we will be seeing him in the title and the solicits potentially are referring to him. Perhaps after Peter gets control of himself again, Miguel may take over as spidey.

I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I wonder if the summer event has anything to do with Spidey 2099. Slott has said we will be seeing him in the title and the solicits potentially are referring to him. Perhaps after Peter gets control of himself again, Miguel may take over as spidey.

I wonder.
    He might. I wonder how this is all going to play out. Then again, this might be a fake out and Ock might be in control of Peter much longer than the solicits suggest.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Sleepwalker! Toxin! Cardiac!

This is a good month, indeed.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Sleepwalker coming back is going to be awesome, if only because it now presents me with an excellent excuse to learn more about the character and why he's such a cult hit.

The Scarlet Spider cover, even if it's a recolored Superior Spider-Man #1 by the same artist, is awesome, and I think it works a little better for Scarlet than Superior.

I liked Toxin a lot better when he looked more like a twisted symbiotic version of classic Spider-Man, and this looks like more like a recolored classic Venom. Fair in that it's Eddie Brock as the host, but all the same, I liked the slightly more unique look of the original Toxin, and it would be beautifully ironic for Eddie to sport that design given all the years he spent hating Spidey.

I'm guessing it's not going to be quite as simple as Peter retaking the reins of his own body and identity from Otto; it might be more like he's able to reassert himself from time to time, but Otto recognizes that he'll be dead for real if he lets Peter take back full control of his body and so he'll be fighting back as much as he can to hold onto his new lease on life. As such, the next several real-time months will be Peter and Otto struggling for control of the Superior Spider-Man and consequently being distant from his allies in the hero community because they can't trust that it's the "right" Spider-Man in control of his body. By next year, with the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man coming out and Marvel's habit of lining up its comics to somewhat match the concurrent film adaptations, Peter will be back in full control and Otto will be exorcised, likely via reprogramming the golden Octobot that was used to overwrite Peter's mind with Otto's in the first place.

Cardiac showing up again could be very interesting, particularly if Norman Osborn turns out to be the Big Bad of this year's Spider-event, since Osborn is exactly the kind of bad guy Cardiac set out to stop --- a ruthless, callous, sociopathic corporate tycoon out to expand his wealth and power with no regard for who he tramples to get it.

Finally, if it really is Spider-Man 2099 making a future appearance in Superior Spider-Man, then I can genuinely say this: MAKE MINE MARVEL!
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Peter is going to need help in order to get his body back. Since right now, Otto is the dominant persona.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Sleepwalker! Toxin! Cardiac!

This is a good month, indeed.
    There's nothing left for me to do. I can be permabanned now.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Sleepwalker coming back is going to be awesome, if only because it now presents me with an excellent excuse to learn more about the character and why he's such a cult hit.

The Scarlet Spider cover, even if it's a recolored Superior Spider-Man #1 by the same artist, is awesome, and I think it works a little better for Scarlet than Superior.

I liked Toxin a lot better when he looked more like a twisted symbiotic version of classic Spider-Man, and this looks like more like a recolored classic Venom. Fair in that it's Eddie Brock as the host, but all the same, I liked the slightly more unique look of the original Toxin, and it would be beautifully ironic for Eddie to sport that design given all the years he spent hating Spidey.

I'm guessing it's not going to be quite as simple as Peter retaking the reins of his own body and identity from Otto; it might be more like he's able to reassert himself from time to time, but Otto recognizes that he'll be dead for real if he lets Peter take back full control of his body and so he'll be fighting back as much as he can to hold onto his new lease on life. As such, the next several real-time months will be Peter and Otto struggling for control of the Superior Spider-Man and consequently being distant from his allies in the hero community because they can't trust that it's the "right" Spider-Man in control of his body. By next year, with the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man coming out and Marvel's habit of lining up its comics to somewhat match the concurrent film adaptations, Peter will be back in full control and Otto will be exorcised, likely via reprogramming the golden Octobot that was used to overwrite Peter's mind with Otto's in the first place.

Cardiac showing up again could be very interesting, particularly if Norman Osborn turns out to be the Big Bad of this year's Spider-event, since Osborn is exactly the kind of bad guy Cardiac set out to stop --- a ruthless, callous, sociopathic corporate tycoon out to expand his wealth and power with no regard for who he tramples to get it.

Finally, if it really is Spider-Man 2099 making a future appearance in Superior Spider-Man, then I can genuinely say this: MAKE MINE MARVEL!
    I like your idea for Cardiac. You know the character very well. CARDIAC/SLEEPWALKER fans unite!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    There's nothing left for me to do. I can be permabanned now.

I like your idea for Cardiac. You know the character very well. CARDIAC/SLEEPWALKER fans unite!!!!
    Dude, how bummed will you be if Cardiac only gets like a 4-panel appearance before SpOck snaps his neck? Not saying it will go down that way but it could....
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Maybe Peter's ghost will somehow end up inhabiting Cardiac's body. Then a new series will launch called the Amazing Cardiac.

He will adopt a new look:

Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Dude, how bummed will you be if Cardiac only gets like a 4-panel appearance before SpOck snaps his neck? Not saying it will go down that way but it could....
    Naw, go back and read the solicits. He's in at least two issues. Hoping he gets a mini after this. But if they do kill him off I would still be very happy. For years I have been pushing this, and Marvel has finally listened. This is a victory for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Naw, go back and read the solicits. He's in at least two issues. Hoping he gets a mini after this. But if they do kill him off I would still be very happy. For years I have been pushing this, and Marvel has finally listened. This is a victory for me.
    Ah, ok----I missed the second issue solicit. Cool----I liked Cardiac and Slott has brought back even D-listers like Speed Demon and The Big Wheel (in a way) so why not a decent character like Cardiac? Good for you, man; here's hoping it's a good story.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    You're wrong. It's gonna be "Reign of the Spider-Men" or "Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time"

or the symbiote event. Or the third Clone Saga.
    Reign of the Spider-men would own bones, though.
    You got the clone, the mexican/irish from the future, evil dude who is in it for the publicity, flash and eddie both try with their messed up suits as well and then it turns out Peter wasn't dead, just needed to rest his brains to wake up from the mind control.
    If you're bringing Cardiac back you might as well go all the way to the 80's stories.

Anyway, I'd talk about how Peter will probably return by issue twelve... but the first issue of superior already made it bloody obvious. Here's for Scarlet, Avenging, Venom and Ultimate to be rad!
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.