Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I don't know if I could deal with the fact that they both look almost identical.
    Put a big crack on Lennox's head and we'll be able to tell 'em apart fine!

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Thanks to all - Mel, Slvn, Amazon Fan, Outside - for the insights into the names; interesting reading.

So you want WW characters to appear in other books, but you don't want them appearing in other books? ;)

I hated how Doom Patrol stole Veronica Cale and never gave her back. *grrr*
    What I want to see is the Wonder-editors giving underdeveloped characters, created for use in Wonder Woman, the creative push they need to shine in Wonder Woman. Once they're fully developed, send them, wherever you like. Once the Wonder-editors give them away - not loaned, but given away - to other titles, the editors

I didn't know about Veronica Cale, and I hope we get her back.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    ...So you want WW characters to appear in other books, but you don't want them appearing in other books? ;)

I hated how Doom Patrol stole Veronica Cale and never gave her back. *grrr*
    What I want to see is the Wonder-editors giving underdeveloped characters, created for use in Wonder Woman, the creative push they need to shine in Wonder Woman.

Once they're fully developed, send them, wherever you like! However, once the Wonder-editors (not loan, but) give them away to other titles, where they're developed in dynamic ways and used effectively, why should D.C. give control of them back to the Wonder Woman comic, ..who, for whatever reason, couldn't figure out what to do with them?

If the Wonder Woman creative team gives Steve Trevor to Justice League or Team Seven, both of which are (hypothetically) out-selling Wonder Woman, why would D.C. EVER give editorial control of Steve back to Wonder Woman? It doesn't make any sense, and, for the record, ..I doubt the WW comic has any say in what happens with Steve Trevor, anymore. I doubt Steve Trevor is officially a Wondy character, anymore.

And that's pretty pathetic. Seriously, ..what, what ..WHAT is going on at Wonder Woman?

I didn't know about Veronica Cale, and I hope we get her back. Another great Wondy villain rotting on the vine,
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    If the Wonder Woman creative team gives Steve Trevor to Justice League or Team Seven, both of which are (hypothetically) out-selling Wonder Woman, why would D.C. EVER give editorial control of Steve back to Wonder Woman?
    They might do so for several reasons:

1. At some point, Team Seven (which, putting your hypothetical aside for a moment, isn't selling well) might be over, JLA might have changed its roster (as team books tend to do after a while) and not have a place for Steve, and JL might not have a place for him either;
    2. If, at some point, Steve has become really popular, DC might see putting him back in Wonder Woman's book as a way to boost her sales; and/or
    3. The Wonder Woman book might have a new direction for which Steve would be a good fit, or a new creative team with hot ideas for him.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    They might do so for several reasons:

1. At some point, Team Seven (which, putting your hypothetical aside for a moment, isn't selling well) might be over, JLA might have changed its roster (as team books tend to do after a while) and not have a place for Steve, and JL might not have a place for him either;
    2. If, at some point, Steve has become really popular, DC might see putting him back in Wonder Woman's book as a way to boost her sales; and/or
    3. The Wonder Woman book might have a new direction for which Steve would be a good fit, or a new creative team with hot ideas for him.
    Putting Steve back in the book doesn't mean he can't be yanked out by JLA editors, at the whim of some celeb writer. He'll be a JLA character from her on out, and the Wonder-editors will have no say in what happens with him. Don't see why they should, considering they keep giving away great characters.

Imagine the editors of Superman not knowing what to do with Lois Lane or the Batman creative team not knowing what to do with Robin, then handing them over to another comic to be developed! Have we EVER seen that? Hell no.

At some point, you've got to ask, "What's wrong with Wonder Woman? Why can't I Ching be developed into a cool, mysterious cat in Woman Woman?"

Is ANY-one editing Wonder Woman?
    Last edited by MelDyer; 02-04-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    Putting Steve back in the book doesn't mea he can't be yanked out by JLA editors, at the whim of some celeb writer. He'll be a JLA character from her on out, and the Wonder-editors will have no say in what happens with him. Don't see why they should, considering they keep giving away great characters.
    "From now on" is (barring an industry apocalypse) a long time. Steve isn't going to be wanted in the JL books forever--nothing against the character, but lineups change. If at some point he's back in Wonder Woman and not being used in Justice League, the Wonder Woman editors can presumably have control of him again--to whatever small extent the editors of an individual book can be said to control any character. Of course, any character could always be "yanked out" of anything, if the publishers or editor-in-chief say so. And in making that kind of decision, the publishers and editors aren't going to care which book developed the character at what stage--most of that will be ancient history, especially if the creative teams have changed. They're going to care who has an interesting plan going forward, along with the ability to execute that plan and sell books. And they're not going to judge the next team's ability to use Steve by Azzarello's (presumed) disinterest in doing so.

Anyway, even if Azzarello had a great plan for Steve, he probably wouldn't have been allowed much if any control of the character; the higher ups obviously had high priority plans for Steve, leading up to the Superman-WW relationship and probably to Trinity War.
    Last edited by slvn; 02-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I don't know if I could deal with the fact that they both look almost identical.

LOL
    Reminds me of silver age comics when in civilian clothes, you could only tell superheroes apart by their hairdo.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    "From now on" is (barring an industry apocalypse) a long time. Steve isn't going to be wanted in the JL books forever--nothing against the character, but lineups change. If at some point he's back in Wonder Woman and not being used in Justice League, the Wonder Woman editors can presumably have control of him again--to whatever small extent the editors of an individual book can be said to control any character...
    But, the point you're missing, Slvn, is that the Wonder-creators keep giving this comic's characters away to be developed, somewhere else.

They don't bring in celeb writers to develop storylines for I Ching, Cheetah, Doctor Cyber and Steve Trevor [STEVE TREVOR?!!], turning them into fan sensations, before doling them out to other comics. They hand them over to ther comics, ..where Cheetah gets smacked around by Batman and Catwoman, and I Ching is rehabbed into an interesting supporting player, ..before he's killed. Defend it all you like; you don't see the Superman or Batman comics farming out Alfred, Lex Luthor and Lois Lane, like scrap paper in a kindergarten class, to be killed off in other comics. There's something terribly wrong with a comic, when that keeps happening, ..again and again.

And I'm tired of it happening in Wonder Woman. Why can't the creative team at Wonder Woman handle its business?

Yeah, the freak show of sibling, is starting tog et to me also!