Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,928

    Default IDW Debuts First Look at J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness" Klingons

    IDW has released the cover for "Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness" #4, which presents fans with the first detailed look at the new Klingons in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" universe.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,795

    Default

    It's a guy in a helmet.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  3. #3
    you all everybody LightningBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Looks like Darth Vader.

    I trust JJ, but I don't know why klingons need helmets. I always thought the cranial ridges would provide some kind of added durability to their heads.
    In related news:
    http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/stp/3542260564.html

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Indies: J.J/Into Darkness

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    IDW has released the cover for "Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness" #4, which presents fans with the first detailed look at the new Klingons in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" universe.


    Full article here.
    The only thing that's lost in darkness is the fact that Abrams is going to ruin another Star Trek movie, hack that he is, and the helmet looks absolutely stupid.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Moriarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    they're going with the design from the deleted scene from the 09 film? i had hoped they would do something...better. Klingons in helmets seems odd.

  6. #6
    Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Klingons are rocking the helmets in the JJ-verse because they want to hide the shame that they don't have ridges due to the Augment virus (see: Star Trek Enterprise Augment's arc. Still in continuity!)

  7. #7
    X-Gene Positive cookepuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Where have I seen that before? Where?


  8. #8
    Junior Member mystmaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The only thing that's lost in darkness is the fact that Abrams is going to ruin another Star Trek movie, hack that he is, and the helmet looks absolutely stupid.
    These Epic Franchises do get 'stuck' with just one 'creative crew' for many, many years. My Gosh! Brian Singer is still doing Xmen! Peter Jackson has Ruined (worst Trilogy Ever!) LOTR, and Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine! So now Abrams is the new Sam Raimi who made Spider Man into a pathetic loser...

    So yeah, I see your point here.

  9. #9

    Default

    I like the JJ Abrams vision of Star Trek. It reminds me of Star Trek Online and thats cool!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Looks like Darth Vader.

    I trust JJ, but I don't know why klingons need helmets. I always thought the cranial ridges would provide some kind of added durability to their heads.
    In related news:
    http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/stp/3542260564.html
    Regardless of your knee-jerk reaction to something slightly different then what you are used to, it really doesn't look anything like Darth Vader and you know it.

  11. #11
    Lazer Faced Goggindowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    I was pretty disappointing to see a guy wearing a helmet. Not much a reveal when nothing is revealed.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystmaven View Post
    These Epic Franchises do get 'stuck' with just one 'creative crew' for many, many years. My Gosh! Brian Singer is still doing Xmen! Peter Jackson has Ruined (worst Trilogy Ever!) LOTR, and Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine! So now Abrams is the new Sam Raimi who made Spider Man into a pathetic loser...

    So yeah, I see your point here.
    He brought back the franchise from the ashes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •