Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default IDW Debuts First Look at J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek Into Darkness" Klingons

IDW has released the cover for "Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness" #4, which presents fans with the first detailed look at the new Klingons in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" universe.

Full article here.

It's a guy in a helmet.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Looks like Darth Vader.

I trust JJ, but I don't know why klingons need helmets. I always thought the cranial ridges would provide some kind of added durability to their heads.
    In related news:
    http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/stp/3542260564.html

Default Indies: J.J/Into Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    IDW has released the cover for "Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness" #4, which presents fans with the first detailed look at the new Klingons in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" universe.

Full article here.
    The only thing that's lost in darkness is the fact that Abrams is going to ruin another Star Trek movie, hack that he is, and the helmet looks absolutely stupid.

they're going with the design from the deleted scene from the 09 film? i had hoped they would do something...better. Klingons in helmets seems odd.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Klingons are rocking the helmets in the JJ-verse because they want to hide the shame that they don't have ridges due to the Augment virus (see: Star Trek Enterprise Augment's arc. Still in continuity!)

Where have I seen that before? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The only thing that's lost in darkness is the fact that Abrams is going to ruin another Star Trek movie, hack that he is, and the helmet looks absolutely stupid.
    These Epic Franchises do get 'stuck' with just one 'creative crew' for many, many years. My Gosh! Brian Singer is still doing Xmen! Peter Jackson has Ruined (worst Trilogy Ever!) LOTR, and Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine! So now Abrams is the new Sam Raimi who made Spider Man into a pathetic loser...

So yeah, I see your point here.

I like the JJ Abrams vision of Star Trek. It reminds me of Star Trek Online and thats cool!

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Looks like Darth Vader.

I trust JJ, but I don't know why klingons need helmets. I always thought the cranial ridges would provide some kind of added durability to their heads.
    In related news:
    http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/stp/3542260564.html
    Regardless of your knee-jerk reaction to something slightly different then what you are used to, it really doesn't look anything like Darth Vader and you know it.

I was pretty disappointing to see a guy wearing a helmet. Not much a reveal when nothing is revealed.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mystmaven View Post
    These Epic Franchises do get 'stuck' with just one 'creative crew' for many, many years. My Gosh! Brian Singer is still doing Xmen! Peter Jackson has Ruined (worst Trilogy Ever!) LOTR, and Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine! So now Abrams is the new Sam Raimi who made Spider Man into a pathetic loser...

So yeah, I see your point here.
    He brought back the franchise from the ashes.