Page 121 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 10015

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I almost did forget about her. With Andrea, I really think she could have been so much better after she improved a bit on the farm but no, she keeps backsliding.

spoilers:
    are we getting set up for some weird hookups? Like Rick with Maggie's sister Beth or prison guy with Carol?
    end of spoilers
    Andrea has bugged me since the casting. There's been nothing good about her at all.

spoilers:
    Carol and the prison guy seems to be setting up. I think Beth liking Rick is going to lead to Carl trying to be more of a man.
    end of spoilers
    "RR your powers of Observation are Godlike." - RolandJP

Interesting....makes you wonder if he's got more say in this than one would have thought. Maybe he has the ear of someone high up at AMC.
    My best guess: AMC had a regime change a couple years ago. And what was the best Network to work for - as a writer - became increasingly more and more rough. Mostly, probably, because of the Network's crazy success. They want to keep it going and they started to forcibly put their fingers in the pie. You can't really blame them. But they became Huge Note Givers instead of letting the creators make their shows.

The Hell on Wheels Showrunner/Creator walked away from the show even though it was picked up for a 3rd season. That NEVER happens. It's that bad.

As far as TWD goes, Gail Ann Hurd (the AMC big wig in charge of TWD) is clearly siding with Kirkman. It's hard to say what went down with Darabont because he is known as a total a-hole and I thought Season 1 was lacking. But Mazzara is super respected and has a reputation for working well with others. His nickname is The Show Whisperer. I'm not kidding. It's why he was brought on TWD in the first F'n place. Which tells me Kirkman had a change of heart. And Gail picked Camp Kirkman. It goes down like that all the time.

I get not agreeing with people you work with. The thing that bugs me the most are the cowardly shots they took at Mazzara as they shoved him out and still continue to make. That's just weak.

And then the show scored over 12 mil viewers.

Welcome to showbiz!
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    EPISODE 2 of The Enthusiast is now online and available to download from iTunes!
    The Fast and the Furious is nothing like GTA.

Predator would beat Iron Man? You be trolling.

I think I only understand about 20% of the bands/authors/titles name you two say. That's just accent thing.

You've only seen a handful of episodes of Archer? UNACCEPTABLE! No more downloading of your podcast until you correct this. Archer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> House of Cards. And I really like House of Cards.

I actually got Hitman Absolution coming this week, so that was weird timing. Your cohost seems to believe that Robert Rodriguez inverted grindhouse genre.

Your fantasy of wanting to be a mascot is disturbing.

"There is no mythology for something that is not real." - Your buddy. I can't make sense of that sentence.

Grant Morrison wank. Bleh.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Andrea is my least favorite character on TV. Ditto for least favorite actress.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

GTA is soooooooo like Fast and the Furious, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

/shatteringRRsworld
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    GTA is soooooooo like Fast and the Furious, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

/shatteringRRsworld
    In that you always pay to see both, but claim to like neither.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    In that you always pay to see both, but claim to like neither.
    I like GTA; I just don't think that GTA4 is the best game on the PS3.

I like GTA; I just don't think that GTA4 is the best game on the PS3.
    Because it's Red Dead Redemption? The game so great you had 2 copies?

Because it's Red Dead Redemption? The game so great you had 2 copies?
    Possibly! I'll find out some day!

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    My best guess: AMC had a regime change a couple years ago. And what was the best Network to work for - as a writer - became increasingly more and more rough. Mostly, probably, because of the Network's crazy success. They want to keep it going and they started to forcibly put their fingers in the pie. You can't really blame them. But they became Huge Note Givers instead of letting the creators make their shows.

The Hell on Wheels Showrunner/Creator walked away from the show even though it was picked up for a 3rd season. That NEVER happens. It's that bad.

As far as TWD goes, Gail Ann Hurd (the AMC big wig in charge of TWD) is clearly siding with Kirkman. It's hard to say what went down with Darabont because he is known as a total a-hole and I thought Season 1 was lacking. But Mazzara is super respected and has a reputation for working well with others. His nickname is The Show Whisperer. I'm not kidding. It's why he was brought on TWD in the first F'n place. Which tells me Kirkman had a change of heart. And Gail picked Camp Kirkman. It goes down like that all the time.

I get not agreeing with people you work with. The thing that bugs me the most are the cowardly shots they took at Mazzara as they shoved him out and still continue to make. That's just weak.

And then the show scored over 12 mil viewers.

Welcome to showbiz!
    Sounds like trouble at the top. You obviously know a lot of the inside scoop. but I remember when Ryan Murphy used to post at this Nip/Tuck board I used to hang out on and he loved working with Peter Ligouri at FX. He was there for the SHIELD and all the stuff that really raised the profile of FX. He's now in charge of the beleagured, recently out of bankrupcy Chicago Tribune and their media stuff. But anyway, I wonder if Kirkman is now fully into the Hollywood snakepit.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Andrea is my least favorite character on TV. Ditto for least favorite actress.
    She also played the Thing's girlfriend that jilted him right on that bridge in the movie so she's got priors. But I think she got burned up in Silent Hill.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Possibly! I'll find out some day!
    Poor, poor PS3. Oh sure, you watch Blu-Rays on it, but it never gets used for gaming. It might as well be your Wii.

She also played the Thing's girlfriend that jilted him right on that bridge in the movie so she's got priors. But I think she got burned up in Silent Hill.
    She was also stupid looking blonde on The Shield, but she was made to look like stupid looking idiot in that.

spoilers:
    But now she's a leader! Didn't you see how all those incredibly dumb, do nothing towns folk were swayed by her shitty speech?

Carol and the prison guy seems to be setting up. I think Beth liking Rick is going to lead to Carl trying to be more of a man.
    end of spoilers
    yeah, poor Carl doesn't have any girls his age so around so I can see that. Forgot to mention about spoilers:
    the rally speech of Andrea, that was a low point of an episode I did generally like. Maybe her romance and possible betrayal of the governor will be the final straw and he will feed her to some walkers when she tries to kill him.
    end of spoilers

Sounds like trouble at the top.
    There is. But it's mostly that they want to either keep getting awards (and think they know how that works and that their notes will help) or they want to maintain a certain profit margin.
    I don't blame them for either but it's a lot nicer when they keep their noses out of it, obviously.

Shows like Nip/Tuck get lucky sometimes when they get just enough viewers and the Higher Ups like it enough to leave them alone.

It's bad when shows run over budget or don't live up to whatever expectation. The suits get very upset and intrusive.

In TWD's case, I actually think both (1) the folks at the top trying to keep and expensive show cheap and (2) internally where there are substantial creative differences. Kirkman is not only winning the battles, he's having his soldiers excommunicated.

I wonder if Kirkman is now fully into the Hollywood snakepit.
    I think he's just using all the power he can to keep his show the way he wants it. How he uses that power is another thing.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin