Page 3 of 668 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

We only came here out of necessity. We we forged and battle hardened in the lawless, untamed wilds of Newsarama...the place so insane, THEY GOT COMPLETELY DID AWAY WITH THEIR FORUMS, heh.

Actually they did that because we left, and they couldn't fill the hole in their virtual hearts. Newsarama's decline perfectly aligns with IAM's departure. Coincidence? I THINK NOT
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

I guess that each one of us has some history with this boards. But here we are now, (let's) entertain. Anyone has something to declare before the real ride starts?

EDIT: Well, I'm a little bit of the comedian, laughing through tears sometimes. But I prefer laughing anyway. Sorry for being incomprehensibleh. I guess it's genetical. My postman is incomprehensible too.
    Last edited by chakal; 01-17-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    I guess that each one of us has some history with this boards. But here we are now, (let's) entertain. Anyone has something to declare before the real ride starts?
    I am a brunette woman who has never liked Wolverine. Also, Roland is my puppet account.

AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN EVANGELION

EDIT: Well, I'm a little bit of the comedian, laughing through tears sometimes. But I prefer laughing anyway. Sorry for being incomprehensibleh. I guess it's genetical. My postman is incomprehensible too.
    Never speak to the postman! Don't even look them in the eye!
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I can't help it but after Kieran linked the petition again, I've taken to calling Arena-haters "The 128".
    I'll give ya 128 of something...

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Also, Roland is my puppet account.
    I laughed, but then I realised that it accounts for the racism.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Go play rock, paper, scissors with this cat.

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

*Imagines one of the three stooges*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Go play rock, paper, scissors with this cat.

(But that cat is adorable!)

(But that cat is adorable!)
    Does this mean you eat cat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    Does this mean you eat cat?
    ...nawwww, that joke is too easy.

(And no)
    (Both meanings)

...nawwww, that joke is too easy.

(And no)
    (Both meanings)
    What about the secret third meaning?

Ok, so before I'll leave to do something else (like enjoying life), I'll try to be serious and give some food for thought:

I always had 2 passions in mah life: reading and listening. And it was always cyclical. In the middle of Morrison's new x-men I stopped reading comic books and dedicated myself to explore and experience many new musical realms. From time to time I checked the news and what was going on in comic books. I still was buying stuff like Thorgal, Usagi Y. and some mainstream stuff.

Then in 2009/2010 (don't remember exactly), I stopped listening to music and got back into comic books full time. I was surprised to learn that many stuff I enjoyed from Marvel (both then and now) was generally considered crap on the internet.

For example, I was never a fan of Austen, but I never considered him the crappiest x-men writer ever. Same with Waypool. Funny thing, when I became well-versed in who's who, not only I understood the validity of the criticism, but thanks to many people here I also discovered some stuff I missed earlier. Now I think that this year I either leave comics for a while, or I'll keep reading them. Too early to tell.

The thing I wonder is what makes me read the comic books?

I won't lie, I don't remember when I read last time something as mind-changing as Sandman, or Alan Moore's work. On one hand, I spent my free time mostly getting into stuff from 90s, 80s, or early 00's, but at the same time I more and more start to ignore the recent stuff. I feel like there is quantity over quality nowadays. And I think that most people respect classic stuff only due to the courtesy, or nostalgia. Nowadays when I talk with my friends there are 2 camps: people who only care about the entertainment, and people who aren't afraid of something more demanding. Nobody will say that for example Apocalypse Now sucks, but I feel that not many people have patience to watch this movie from the beginning to the end. I kinda wait for some Shooter-like or Jemas/Queasada team to become EIC in Marvel.

Concluding my wall of text, I don't want to critize anyone, or blame, but I am kinda worried for people becoming narrow-minded. Or maybe it's a goddamn short-attention-span disease. Oh, and I think that while technology is helpful and very useful, it also made us more lazy, less skilled, and kinda killed the "magic" of art and entertainment and.. imagination.

Ufff, that's all I wanted to say.
    Last edited by chakal; 01-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

I kept thinking white costume Mags was just Bachalo playing with color/contrast like he has been of late...kinda surprised that it literally is white, but I kinda like it.
    I kind of went through that same process.

Clay Mann inspired!!!!!

If this book is even passable, I'm going to absolutely gush love for it. Benefits of having crazy low expectations. It will be first class all over again.

but damn am i bummed about irving.
    Your X-obsession is fascinating and almost commendable-bebopeva88.
    MY TITS ARE SWELTERING - also, bebopeva88

I am a brunette woman who has never liked Wolverine. Also, Roland is my puppet account.

AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN EVANGELION
    *gasps*

You're RR too?!?!?

I think i started up here in 2009, a bit before the thread hit....was it 60,000? I made it in before the shadow lock.

Ok, so before I'll leave to do something else (like enjoying life), I'll try to be serious and give some food for thought:

I always had 2 passions in mah life: reading and listening. And it was always cyclical. In the middle of Morrison's new x-men I stopped reading comic books and dedicated myself to explore and experience many new musical realms. From time to time I checked the news and what was going on in comic books. I still was buying stuff like Thorgal, Usagi Y. and some mainstream stuff.

Then in 2009/2010 (don't remember exactly), I stopped listening to music and got back into comic books full time. I was surprised to learn that many stuff I enjoyed from Marvel (both then and now) was generally considered crap on the internet.

For example, I was never a fan of Austen, but I never considered him the crappiest x-men writer ever. Same with Waypool. Funny thing, when I became well-versed in who's who, not only I understood the validity of the criticism, but thanks to many people here I also discovered some stuff I missed earlier. Now I think that this year I either leave comics for a while, or I'll keep reading them. Too early to tell.

The thing I wonder is what makes me read the comic books?

I won't lie, I don't remember when I read last time something as mind-changing as Sandman, or Alan Moore's work. On one hand, I spent my free time mostly getting into stuff from 90s, 80s, or early 00's, but at the same time I more and more start to ignore the recent stuff. I feel like there is quantity over quality nowadays. And I think that most people respect classic stuff only due to the courtesy, or nostalgia. Nowadays when I talk with my friends there are 2 camps: people who only care about the entertainment, and people who aren't afraid of something more demanding. Nobody will say that for example Apocalypse Now sucks, but I feel that not many people have patience to watch this movie from the beginning to the end. I kinda wait for some Shooter-like or Jemas/Queasada team to become EIC in Marvel.

Concluding my wall of text, I don't want to critize anyone, or blame, but I am kinda worried for people becoming narrow-minded. Or maybe it's a goddamn short-attention-span disease. Oh, and I think that while technology is helpful and very useful, it also made us more lazy, less skilled, and kinda killed the "magic" of art and entertainment and.. imagination.

Ufff, that's all I wanted to say.
    Every professional bit of me feels like I should ask you if you have a plan and watch for you to give things away to friends and relatives.

;)

there's always something good, somewhere in comics.