Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103
  1. #16
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    So are these characters all in the same party? Besides the first guy obviously
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  2. #17
    Senior Member Arvandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    heh... an adult orientated webcomic about sexuality that features some very pervy people.....which people obsessively read because of the character development....seriously.. i wanted to see if i could do it... make a comic about sexuality, fetishes, and relationships, but handle it with actual depth. apparently it can be done XD

    who knew?

    btw sunstone to this point has about 400 pages of published comic material.... in color... so yeah... i am a wee bit insane XD
    You sonova... I love bondage web comics.

    I just read the first chapter. That was completely awesome. I loved it.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

  3. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So are these characters all in the same party? Besides the first guy obviously
    its a bit more complicated than that, but their paths will converge :)

    alsot
    Arvandor
    second and most of third chapter is already there :)
    Last edited by nebezial; 01-18-2013 at 05:04 AM.

  4. #19
    Senior Member Deep_Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Ravine looks pretty awesome! 128 page fantasy comic book? I'm in! Can't wait until February.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

    Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

    Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

  5. #20
    Askani'son drakeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    heh... an adult orientated webcomic about sexuality that features some very pervy people.....which people obsessively read because of the character development....seriously.. i wanted to see if i could do it... make a comic about sexuality, fetishes, and relationships, but handle it with actual depth. apparently it can be done XD

    who knew?

    btw sunstone to this point has about 400 pages of published comic material.... in color... so yeah... i am a wee bit insane XD


    sunstone is vastly different from ravine. the only link they share is my dedication to having characters feel real
    Well I will definitely go check it out. I've been actively picking up all your collected material from First Born to Artifacts, and cannot wait for Aphrodite.

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Deep_Sleeper
    actually that is just the basic comic itself, there is 160 pages altogether when the remnants of codex of ardunat are included :) alot of world material that is covered in the story, but its expanded upon for a more complete picture :)

    and then there is 12 issues of that, each 160 pages...cept for the last one which will probably be 200+ pages ..as i plan to go all out on the final battle... it needs the room for maneuvering XD

    drakeon
    sunstone is a pretty decent example of how i approach to character writing. i mean... its a comic about sexuality, perversions, relationships, and features 2 hot girls tying each other up...

    and the kicker is.. people are addicted to the story and character development.

    i'm of the persuasion that you can take any topic and make it a good read if you let the characters be people
    Last edited by nebezial; 01-18-2013 at 03:30 PM.

  7. #22
    Senior Member santino27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    The art is fantastic, and Sunstone has shown me that you can bring it on the story front too. Hopefully, the fantasy world and huge amount of lore/information doesn't prove difficult to deliver in the book without bogging things down in exposition. The page preview on DA (albeit with placeholder lettering) was a little bit text/exposition heavy, so raised a concern. While I'll be buying this for the art alone, I have high hopes for the story as well! :)

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    145

    Default

    that is what ron is for :) those old issue 1 previews were before i really hit my writing stride, this is why i have ron on board to judge objectively what is too much and can be taken out. this is why those placeholder lettered ones are so expansive. i give him all the information he can manipulate and mold into something wonderful. he is a master of streamlined dialogue :)

  9. #24
    Senior Member santino27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    that is what ron is for :) those old issue 1 previews were before i really hit my writing stride, this is why i have ron on board to judge objectively what is too much and can be taken out. this is why those placeholder lettered ones are so expansive. i give him all the information he can manipulate and mold into something wonderful. he is a master of streamlined dialogue :)
    Sounds great! I figured he would be of help in tightening some of that up, (but I love Sunstone too). :-)

  10. #25
    Senior Member Steve Broome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    I'm getting this, huge fan of his work.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Anyone got a link to Sunstone? I couldn't find one so I could check it out.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Arvandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMeadow View Post
    Anyone got a link to Sunstone? I couldn't find one so I could check it out.
    http://shiniez.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Adult content warning.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

  13. #28
    Senior Member Deep_Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    I just think this is the kind of thing that the industry really needs. Someone who is passionate about their own creation and are willing to pursue it as far as they can. It's a fantasy comic, which is very rare these days. I love the art. I'm a huge art fan and I am so looking forward to this.

    Best of luck to you, Stjepan.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

    Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

    Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

  14. #29
    Askani'son drakeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    Deep_Sleeper
    actually that is just the basic comic itself, there is 160 pages altogether when the remnants of codex of ardunat are included :) alot of world material that is covered in the story, but its expanded upon for a more complete picture :)

    and then there is 12 issues of that, each 160 pages...cept for the last one which will probably be 200+ pages ..as i plan to go all out on the final battle... it needs the room for maneuvering XD

    drakeon
    sunstone is a pretty decent example of how i approach to character writing. i mean... its a comic about sexuality, perversions, relationships, and features 2 hot girls tying each other up...

    and the kicker is.. people are addicted to the story and character development.

    i'm of the persuasion that you can take any topic and make it a good read if you let the characters be people
    Oh I agree with that. I write myself, and read from various genre's. As long as character development is strong I'm all for it. And you are very good with displaying emotion and gravity with just a subtle facial expression so alot of your writing is in the artwork itself which is quite a talent to have.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    heh... an adult orientated webcomic about sexuality that features some very pervy people.....which people obsessively read because of the character development....seriously.. i wanted to see if i could do it... make a comic about sexuality, fetishes, and relationships, but handle it with actual depth. apparently it can be done XD

    who knew?

    btw sunstone to this point has about 400 pages of published comic material.... in color... so yeah... i am a wee bit insane XD


    sunstone is vastly different from ravine. the only link they share is my dedication to having characters feel real

    I love love love Sunstone!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •