View Poll Results: Who should be in the NON-CAUCASIAN Avengers?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Amadeus Cho

34 46.58%
  • American Eagle [Jason Strongbow]

32 43.84%
  • Black Panther [T'Challa]

48 65.75%
  • Black Panther [Shuri]

16 21.92%
  • Daken Akihiro

11 15.07%
  • Echo [Maya Lopez]

31 42.47%
  • Falcon [Sam Wilson]

42 57.53%
  • Firebird [Bonita Juarez]

29 39.73%
  • Jimmy Woo

16 21.92%
  • Living Lightning [Miguel Santos]

25 34.25%
  • Luke Cage

48 65.75%
  • Mantis

28 38.36%
  • Monica Rambeau

55 75.34%
  • Shang-Chi

36 49.32%
  • War Machine [James Rhodes]

51 69.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Well, Predabot beat me to it, but I will add that while I don't think I'd support something like Blackvengers, I'd love to see the return of the Crew, specially if it leads to the collection of the whole series, seeing as I only got to read a couple of out of order issues.

Peace
    Agreed. I thought that book could have done well, but was just under-promoted and saddled with a lot of odd editorial edicts. I would love to see any of the characters pop up in an Avengers book (not as cannon fodder, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Well, Predabot beat me to it, but I will add that while I don't think I'd support something like Blackvengers, I'd love to see the return of the Crew, specially if it leads to the collection of the whole series, seeing as I only got to read a couple of out of order issues.

Peace
    Was there ever a Crew trade? I could swear I saw one years ago, but never again.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Was there ever a Crew trade? I could swear I saw one years ago, but never again.
    If so, I have to say I never came across it.

Peace

Nope there never was one and it has joined the many titles Marvel should collect but don't care to

I doubt you could pull of an all Black Avengers, maybe an all black team, but an all black government sanctioned super hero group? That would be kinda hard to explain in-universe. I mean thing about the undertones implied by such a thing.

It's a matter of time before you get a Black Panther, War Machine, Blue Marvel, Misty Knight, and Black Goliath or maybe Kid Nick Fury together on a team, but unless you get Hickman level writers working on it, it will fail miserably

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Switch out Luke Cage and add Blue Marvel and the revolution will be televised!

If Black Panther lead this team it would be awkward for Storm as he moved Photon up as his significant other!
    Monica would then pull rank and remind everyone she lead both the Avengers and NEXTWAVE at various points in her life.

And no one would know what she was talking about with the later.

It could work. It's just a matter of finding the right story for it I guess, a really convenient reason all of these black heroes would be in the same spot with no other Avengers in sight.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I doubt you could pull of an all Black Avengers, maybe an all black team, but an all black government sanctioned super hero group? That would be kinda hard to explain in-universe. I mean thing about the undertones implied by such a thing.
    Who says the Avengers have to be government-sanctioned tho'? The New Avengers, was for most of its existance certainly not sanctioned. Indeed, a good deal of their time was spent ILLEGALLY doing heroics.

And I suppose it depends on WHAT government sanctions them. ;) If the Black Panther puts them together to be sanctioned by him and Wakanda, then you don't have that problem whatsoever.

In fact, that actually makes a lot of sense... the Panther making his own team of Avengers.

It could work. It's just a matter of finding the right story for it I guess, a really convenient reason all of these black heroes would be in the same spot with no other Avengers in sight.
    I haven't really read up on Wood's X-men-women, but what is his explanation for the all-girl team there?

Despite Reggie's best tries, I doubt T'Challa would be silly enough to the point of making skin tones an avengers pre-requisite

It would probably have to be something like "We were looking for these other heroes but got they were off world or on another mission so we contact option two." Sad that so many would be considered the second option but hey, they're the lessor knowns.

Falcon-Cap
    Photon-Ms. Marvel
    War Machine-Iron Man
    Doctor Voodo-Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch
    Goliath-Giant-Man
    And BP and Cage just happen to be around I guess.

Or they just all happen to team up because they're all Avengers. Something happens and they're the first to react because, you know, that's what heroes do. Them being black wouldn't have anything to do with it. That would be the ideal story.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-17-2013 at 01:08 PM.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

I much prefer the idea of various ethnicities; mainly because there aren't enough Avengers to make an "Asianvengers" or "Latinverngers"... but hey, I like lists.

LEADER: Storm [Queen Ororo Monroe]
    [SUB]: Doctor Voodoo [Dr. Jericho Drumm], Sorcerer Supreme
    Aegis [Trey Rollins]
    Cloak [Tyrone "Ty" Johnson]
    Daniel Drumm, Hougan Supreme
    Falcon [Sam Wilson]
    Monica Rambeau
    TECH: Misty Knight as "Control"
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

THE AVENGERS

Luke Cage
    Black Panther: T'Challa
    Pulsar: Monica Rambeau
    Warpath: James Proudstar
    Iron Man: James Rhodes
    Psylocke: Elizabeth Braddock in Kwannon's body
    Miss America: America Chavez
    White Tiger: Ava Ayala
    Amadeus Cho
    Prodigy: David Alleyne

NOTES: Cage leads the group. T'Challa funds the entire operation and his Black Panther suit is closer to his IM: Armored Adventures look. Cho and Prodigy will be a combination of Lucius Fox, Q, Oracle, and Reed Richards. Prodigy will also help train Ava and America and help out in the field, slightly taller and more bulked up than previous appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can see a series like this working as long as 1 thing is not added. No black males.

If there is a black male you have justify why he is on that team or even around (as Falcon, a guy not even introduced yet & Eli are proving). Why is he taking a slot from some other minority that is more deserving? Why are those on this team lowering their standards for having a black guy on the team? Various derogatory names for that guy (like we saw with Eli). Catering to Obama. And sadly some make it clear if he is on the team-they will not read the book.
    Um, wow.
    Last edited by Emissary of Justice; 01-17-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Cool idea.

Black Panther
    Beta-Ray Bill
    War Machine
    Yellowjacket ( the girly, dead one)
    Shang-Chi
    Blue Marvel
    White Tiger II
    Luke Cage ( but it don' seem right without his brotha' from another motha'...)

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Viper is not Asian though. She's Hungarian.
    There's another Viper, that one is actually asian. It's not the one that knows Silver Samurai tho.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Moses Magnum takes over part of africa. gets ahold of a virus that kills most people who encounter it; except blacks. an all black hero squad is temporarily organized to go after Magnum and destroy the virus. many connections are made between the characters. they don't rule out a reunion teamup at some point.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time