Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,866

    Default Deadpool #4 *Preview*

    • The grudge match you've been waiting for: DEADPOOL VS. LINCOLN!
    • Deadpool de-undead-ifies AT LEAST twelve Presidents, easy.
    • Guaranteed to make you better looking to potential mates!



    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Loved the first issue in this series but the last two have really been sub par in my mind. Not very funny, long winded and occasionally boring.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Lol at preview

  4. #4
    Junior Member shibori78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Loved the first issue in this series but the last two have really been sub par in my mind. Not very funny, long winded and occasionally boring.
    Sorry to hear you haven't liked the last two issues. I have to emphatically disagree about it being long-winded, though. I welcome the amount of dialogue. It's not like it's Bendis-level of boring talk. And it's nice to not finish an issue in less than five minutes. The last Deadpool series was often decompressed, which is unacceptable for a character who's supposed to be a motor-mouth.
    Now if by long-winded you mean that this particular story arc is dragging on longer than it should? Yeah, I think I could agree on that.
    Last edited by shibori78; 01-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member DoctorDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    Sorry to hear you haven't liked the last two issues. I have to emphatically disagree about it being long-winded, though. I welcome the amount of dialogue. It's not like it's Bendis-level of boring talk. And it's nice to not finish an issue in less than five minutes. The last Deadpool series was often decompressed, which is unacceptable for a character who's supposed to be a motor-mouth.
    Now if by long-winded you mean that this particular story arc is dragging on longer than it should? Yeah, I think I could agree on that.
    It doesn't help that we've had to wait nearly two months for the fourth issue. If the preview is any indication, things are about to speed up.

    I like how even when wearing a dress Deadpool has this edge, so to speak, in his personality.

  6. #6

    Default

    I like this book and plan on getting the 4th issue, but I think I may drop it (at least for a while) after this first arc. Like I said it's not a bad book, but it's just not grabbing me anymore.

  7. #7
    Senior Member DoctorDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Now, while I'm into it being a Deadpool fanatic, I will say that objectively the books still needs to find it's footing (does that make sense?).

    After some thought, I think the main problem is that the writers didn't start with something more relevant to the character. By that, I mean this story is basically about Deadpool cleaning up someone else's mess. Contrast that with what's coming up (which should be more personal for Deadpool, if the interviews are any indication).

  8. #8
    B.P.R.D Agent lex1126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    245

    Default

    looking forward to this! agreed that waiting 2 months for #4 when the first 3 books was released within 6 weeks (correct me if im wrong) is bound to lose readers. they should have balanced out the releases more evenly.

    by the way, who is going to be the new artist for the series? i read somewhere that tony moore is leaving after #6..?

  9. #9
    Senior Member DoctorDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lex1126 View Post
    looking forward to this! agreed that waiting 2 months for #4 when the first 3 books was released within 6 weeks (correct me if im wrong) is bound to lose readers. they should have balanced out the releases more evenly.

    by the way, who is going to be the new artist for the series? i read somewhere that tony moore is leaving after #6..?
    Mike Hawthorne.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bookem Danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Hated it. More blecch comedy than black comedy. Marylin Monroe should be spinning in her grave with Wade's blasphemous gag that was a drag. The Editors missing DP jumping off the plane onto the bridge only to appear atop the plane the next panel was inexcusable too. The subsequent intentional plane jumpings were just gratuitous guts dropping out in between all the POTUSES (POTII?) name dropping.

    It's only a matter of seeing which gets cancelled first - this or Xmen Legacy. It's a shame too, because Preston and Magic Mike are actually interesting characters where just-as-crazy Legion has no one. The splash page with Lincoln was okay.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Sonofspam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Savage Land
    Posts
    5,394

    Default

    More of the same really if you didn't like the last three you probably won't like this.

    I think next issue should wrap things up hopefully.

    But i have been enjoying this run so far even if it gets slightly less funny with each subsequent issue.

  12. #12
    B.P.R.D Agent lex1126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Hated it. More blecch comedy than black comedy. Marylin Monroe should be spinning in her grave with Wade's blasphemous gag that was a drag. The Editors missing DP jumping off the plane onto the bridge only to appear atop the plane the next panel was inexcusable too. The subsequent intentional plane jumpings were just gratuitous guts dropping out in between all the POTUSES (POTII?) name dropping.

    It's only a matter of seeing which gets cancelled first - this or Xmen Legacy. It's a shame too, because Preston and Magic Mike are actually interesting characters where just-as-crazy Legion has no one. The splash page with Lincoln was okay.
    yes the MM gag was not necessary. i also felt that this issue seems to rush into things alot faster than the previous 3 (which might be a good thing).

    over on a scale of sad to awesome, meh.
    6/10.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •