Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Deadpool #4 *Preview*

• The grudge match you've been waiting for: DEADPOOL VS. LINCOLN!
    • Deadpool de-undead-ifies AT LEAST twelve Presidents, easy.
    • Guaranteed to make you better looking to potential mates!

Full article here.

Loved the first issue in this series but the last two have really been sub par in my mind. Not very funny, long winded and occasionally boring.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Lol at preview

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Loved the first issue in this series but the last two have really been sub par in my mind. Not very funny, long winded and occasionally boring.
    Sorry to hear you haven't liked the last two issues. I have to emphatically disagree about it being long-winded, though. I welcome the amount of dialogue. It's not like it's Bendis-level of boring talk. And it's nice to not finish an issue in less than five minutes. The last Deadpool series was often decompressed, which is unacceptable for a character who's supposed to be a motor-mouth.
    Now if by long-winded you mean that this particular story arc is dragging on longer than it should? Yeah, I think I could agree on that.
    Last edited by shibori78; 01-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    Sorry to hear you haven't liked the last two issues. I have to emphatically disagree about it being long-winded, though. I welcome the amount of dialogue. It's not like it's Bendis-level of boring talk. And it's nice to not finish an issue in less than five minutes. The last Deadpool series was often decompressed, which is unacceptable for a character who's supposed to be a motor-mouth.
    Now if by long-winded you mean that this particular story arc is dragging on longer than it should? Yeah, I think I could agree on that.
    It doesn't help that we've had to wait nearly two months for the fourth issue. If the preview is any indication, things are about to speed up.

I like how even when wearing a dress Deadpool has this edge, so to speak, in his personality.

I like this book and plan on getting the 4th issue, but I think I may drop it (at least for a while) after this first arc. Like I said it's not a bad book, but it's just not grabbing me anymore.

Now, while I'm into it being a Deadpool fanatic, I will say that objectively the books still needs to find it's footing (does that make sense?).

After some thought, I think the main problem is that the writers didn't start with something more relevant to the character. By that, I mean this story is basically about Deadpool cleaning up someone else's mess. Contrast that with what's coming up (which should be more personal for Deadpool, if the interviews are any indication).

looking forward to this! agreed that waiting 2 months for #4 when the first 3 books was released within 6 weeks (correct me if im wrong) is bound to lose readers. they should have balanced out the releases more evenly.

by the way, who is going to be the new artist for the series? i read somewhere that tony moore is leaving after #6..?

Quote Originally Posted by lex1126 View Post
    looking forward to this! agreed that waiting 2 months for #4 when the first 3 books was released within 6 weeks (correct me if im wrong) is bound to lose readers. they should have balanced out the releases more evenly.

by the way, who is going to be the new artist for the series? i read somewhere that tony moore is leaving after #6..?
    Mike Hawthorne.

Hated it. More blecch comedy than black comedy. Marylin Monroe should be spinning in her grave with Wade's blasphemous gag that was a drag. The Editors missing DP jumping off the plane onto the bridge only to appear atop the plane the next panel was inexcusable too. The subsequent intentional plane jumpings were just gratuitous guts dropping out in between all the POTUSES (POTII?) name dropping.

It's only a matter of seeing which gets cancelled first - this or Xmen Legacy. It's a shame too, because Preston and Magic Mike are actually interesting characters where just-as-crazy Legion has no one. The splash page with Lincoln was okay.

More of the same really if you didn't like the last three you probably won't like this.

I think next issue should wrap things up hopefully.

But i have been enjoying this run so far even if it gets slightly less funny with each subsequent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Hated it. More blecch comedy than black comedy. Marylin Monroe should be spinning in her grave with Wade's blasphemous gag that was a drag. The Editors missing DP jumping off the plane onto the bridge only to appear atop the plane the next panel was inexcusable too. The subsequent intentional plane jumpings were just gratuitous guts dropping out in between all the POTUSES (POTII?) name dropping.

It's only a matter of seeing which gets cancelled first - this or Xmen Legacy. It's a shame too, because Preston and Magic Mike are actually interesting characters where just-as-crazy Legion has no one. The splash page with Lincoln was okay.
    yes the MM gag was not necessary. i also felt that this issue seems to rush into things alot faster than the previous 3 (which might be a good thing).

over on a scale of sad to awesome, meh.
    6/10.