Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Millar on X-Men's DOFP Cast

If you didn't read the news, this was what Millar said:

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Fox Creative Consultant Mark Millar spoke with SciFiNow, saying that part of the key to making "X-Men: Days of Future Past" a success is to keep the cast relatively small -- a challenge, considering the massive library of characters in the X-Men universe.

"I remember when I was writing 'Ultimate X-Men' and people were saying 'I want to see Gambit, I want to see Rogue, I want to see…' Everybody has a list, and at first you think 'I'm going to please everyone' and then you realize you’re pleasing no-one by just throwing in ten second cameos," Millar told SciFiNow. "I think that was the major problem with that first 'Wolverine' movie and 'X-Men 3.' Bryan Singer did such an incredible job with that original movie -- it’s quite like 'Star Wars' in that there’s Episodes IV, V and VI, and we've got the Matthew Vaughn prequels, and I love that -- I love the fact that it simplifies so well. X-Men in the Nineties was so convoluted in comic-book terms, and Bryan drove a knife through it and make it work and simplified the whole thing. I'd like to have that same approach and if we are bringing in a character then it shouldn’t just be for a trailer or to get a picture up online, get people excited, it should actually have a point in the story. The trick with that is to try and keep the cast relatively small so that you actually care about them."

Opens July 18, 2014

Ok, so we know that so far Singer has confirmed at least 6 actors from the previous movies. Does this mean we won't see new ones?

With Wolverine coming up this year I thought that this time the lights would be over someone else. Is the movie going to treat Scott fairly? Is he even going to be on this movie?

What about Colossus, Gambit, Rogue...

What are your thoughts and who do you think should be on this movie?

BANNED

Hmm, sounds like he gets it, but I would rather Marvel Studios get the rights back.

BANNED

No Cyclops. His role is so minor, Havok can take his place in the past.

And please no Rogue. No Rogue.

Second time Kitty gets bumped out of her own iconic story. SMDH

Still greatly looking forward to this movie. I actually really liked the Singer movies and I can't wait for Fassbender/McKellen interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    And please no Rogue. No Rogue.
    You mean no "Anna Paquin" Rogue or no Rogue at all?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

LOL who would have guessed in the 90s' that Mystique would end up as ultimate victor by being the most heavily featured female character in the big budget X-Men movies over each and every actual X-Woman?

Well, we can look at the original:
    Angel (present only), Colossus (present and future), Kitty Pryde (present and future), Professor X, Rachel (future), Storm (present and future), Wolverine (present and future), (Brotherhood) Blob, Destiny, Pyro, Mystique (Non-Mutant) Moira McTaggart, Robert Kelley. The focal character is clearly Kitty Pryde.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    LOL who would have guessed in the 90s' that Mystique would end up as ultimate victor by being the most heavily featured female character in the big budget X-Men movies over each and every actual X-Woman?
    That may have had something to do with her being nekkid.

I wouldn't mind them introducing the New Mutants class as supporting characters. Then they can have their own movie.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

What an ignorant statement, in an ironically ignorant post.
    ~~ some troll

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    You mean no "Anna Paquin" Rogue or no Rogue at all?
    At this point, it should be either. Rogue's character has been butchered to a sniveling steaming turd in the movies. There's no saving her.

Comic Rogue became Anna Paquin in recent years anyway.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    I wouldn't mind them introducing the New Mutants class as supporting characters. Then they can have their own movie.
    With so many teen sci fi/fantasy franchises nowadays, I doubt that bunch of newbie mutes will click with modern day audiences in a big way. They should just skip to Rachel and the New X-Men. Anole for pop culture domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    At this point, it should be either. Rogue's character has been butchered to a sniveling steaming turd in the movies. There's no saving her.
    I hope they include Husk in the next movie. I really do. Then I hope they kill her in the most gore, sexist fashion possible.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

What an ignorant statement, in an ironically ignorant post.
    ~~ some troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Second time Kitty gets bumped out of her own iconic story. SMDH
    Who will give out the impulsive kiss? Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Still greatly looking forward to this movie. I actually really liked the Singer movies and I can't wait for Fassbender/McKellen interaction.
    Not me lol, especially if they're only choosing a few characters and dumbing it down. I'd rather spend an hour reading a message board.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do