Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Bulma Vs Beast

now an in-flow time hop feat (though it could be considered SMvFL...)...
    Unless he's had a chance to rip off the time machines of others, it really should be.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unless he's had a chance to rip off the time machines of others, it really should be.
    And I'm fine with that. To reply to the point, he HAS been working with noted time-jump-tech-dude Forge's stuff for years (see the Cable series with Hope for more info here - they do TONS of time-jumping using Forge's tech), and has unlimited access to and ability to modify/adapt Shi'ar tech as well, so he could have picked up the ideas he needed from those sources. I guess...

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

This came up earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Hey, on the subject of time travel, Beast was using it before in an issue of Secret Avengers. I am not sure if he was breaking Marvel continuity rules, but his time travel tech was sorta used to modify the current time line in a closed loop, Bill and Ted type thing. It was weird.

He also demonstrated a familiarity with Doom's time travel platforms in that series, so he might be pinching tech from him.
    So there's a slight possible precedence for him cribbing time travel shenanigans from others.

Edit: And Beast also developed a virus so deadly that every member of a race in the Universe would die if one of them got it.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

So there's a slight possible precedence for him cribbing time travel shenanigans from others.
    /if/ he was able to get a look at Doom's crap, then sure.

Edit: And Beast also developed a virus so deadly that every member of a race in the Universe would die if one of them got it.
    Unless said race occupied the entire universe, that's not really justifying him breaking the laws of marvel time travel of himself ala Kang or Doom. Hydra develops killer plagues and what have you.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-23-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

/if/ he was able to get a look at Doom's crap, then sure.

Unless said race occupied the entire universe, that's not really justifying him breaking the laws of marvel time travel of himself ala Kang or Doom. Hydra develops killer plagues and what have you.
    I think Doom's older model time tech was kinda well documented at that point actually. Beast talked about Von Doom Platforms like it was a thing he had read papers on, although they treated the possibility of one being loose in the world as an Avengers level threat. The Secret Empire also had built a HUGE one.

Also, can I just ask, what the hell is up with Hydra, and why it gets used so much still? As far as I can tell, they don't have a central ideology other than world domination, and it seems a bit silly that they keep losing and also managing to recruit people such that they never run out. Why would someone join Hydra? I get that behind groups like Al Queda and what not there is an ideology that people can latch onto. Even some of the more terrible regimes around the world, soldiers and members get to pretty overtly exert power over people. But Hydra seems to mostly work in behind the scenes, until they get caught and have the crap kicked out of them.

So why are so many people joining up? Is it it just easier to have a ready to go group of stock bad guys? Do authors want to avoid using actual terrorists with feasible motivations for the sake of sensitivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Also, can I just ask, what the hell is up with Hydra, and why it gets used so much still? As far as I can tell, they don't have a central ideology other than world domination, and it seems a bit silly that they keep losing and also managing to recruit people such that they never run out. Why would someone join Hydra? I get that behind groups like Al Queda and what not there is an ideology that people can latch onto. Even some of the more terrible regimes around the world, soldiers and members get to pretty overtly exert power over people. But Hydra seems to mostly work in behind the scenes, until they get caught and have the crap kicked out of them.

So why are so many people joining up? Is it it just easier to have a ready to go group of stock bad guys? Do authors want to avoid using actual terrorists with feasible motivations for the sake of sensitivity?
    There isn't really any great good reason. It's why they sort of transitioned it into being a wierd religious cult at one point to better explain why they keep going post loss #5698720395985.

There isn't really any great good reason. It's why they sort of transitioned it into being a wierd religious cult at one point to better explain why they keep going post loss #5698720395985.
    That's frustrating. I wonder if there is some sort of mandate about using them, as a throw back to the gold age or something.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Also, I'll note that I'm seriously not buying the armor being that impressive, given that it varies vastly in durability depending on who is wearing it.

For examples, Raditz's gets cracked by Gohan and bits of it are blown off/vaporized by Piccolo, Nappa's gets basically vaporized by the B-Team, Vegeta's isn't even completely destroyed by the spirit bomb and the x4 Kamehameha, just to note those from the Saiyan Saga.
    In the Frieza Saga, you have stuff like Vegeta's armor not being vaporized by Frieza's blasts and yet being pierced by Krillin when he allows it

Given that the armor's resilience is shown to be directly related to the wearer's power, it seems pretty obvious that their energy protects the armor.

Edit: Well, I'm not saying Beast can win given that nobody seems to really have any good prep feats for him.
    Look at the art and see if they're blocking and have an energy field around them when blocking. It's an easy visible difference.

- Radditz' armor was cracked only by a Gohan headbutting forward with more power than the best Kamehameha at that point.
    - Everyone fighting Nappa was more powerful than Gohan at that point. Chauzu's explosion didn't do anything to it, and it took Tenshinhan using all his life energy in a kikohou to even crack it at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJnB0rvTzM
    - Radditz armor was stated and feated, on panel, to have a resistance in itself, enough to block anything up to Gohan's headbutt.
    - The armor was stated to be variable in design, with some designs being more advanced than others. Vegeta's was stated to be more advanced than anyone's.

There are some inconsistencies, some of which can be waved away, but others which can't (ie. Yaijarobee) - but there's a default resistance there that no one on the planet can match outside of the hero group. It's feated to provide resistance up to Gohan's raise-his-power-more-than-Goku's-best-kamehameha headbutt. And Bulmas is some unknown amount better since it was made for SSJs fighting Cell and stated to be better, and, more importantly, she knows how to make the actual material.

The Bulma-armor scene in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-2UQrR3xU

Nobody is saying that it's worthwhile against anyone noteworthy in the slightest - however, it is worthwhile against "low level" or pre-Z tier attacks. It's just that by the Freeza saga, everyone was way above that, so any piercing attack would blow right through it.