Default Venom #30 (Spoilers and Discussion)

Venom's big fight with the U-Foes. Flash loses control and the symbiote/demon takes over, and we have a traditional Venom fight, which is always a treat. It was really cool seeing Venom use the symbiote in the same way Carnage did, in taking over the minds of the U-Foes's henchmen. Also, that scene at the end where he's having a conversation with himself using the symbiote to look like Katy and Valkyrie is one of the best scenes in the whole series. I think picking Bunn to write this series was a very good decision.

Toxin at the end looked downright gruesome, like a death metal album cover. Can't wait to see what direction that goes.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Absolutely loved this issue. Flash has really started to grow on me, and I could definitely see him or Kaine donning the Spider-Man mantle one day.
    I feel like this issue was extremely well-knit; everything was great from the fighting, dialogue of the "pure" Venom symbiote, etc.

This could just be me, but did anyone pick up on Eddie becoming the very thing he went out to destroy in the last few years? I see him becoming more and more alike to his old, villainous persona when he first adopted the Venom symbiote. Either way, Toxin looks pretty intimidating. Can't wait!

Eddie reminds me of how he was in The Exile Returns; killing bad guys, but doing it more so out of bloodlust than actually protecting people, and not above cutting though any good people that got into in his way.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Good issue but that Toxin page was f**ked up!
    Anyway I eagerly await the next issue.

What was up with the dead people wearing masks that looked like Crime Master? Did I miss something, or is Toxin still working for him?
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

My review I left on thevenomsite.com:

I'll probably be in the minority, but I wished I read this at the comic shop before purchasing the download.

Flash's Story was alright. I doubt its the demon controlling his actions but the symbiote itself. I thought it couldn't do those things anymore. Wasn't it supposed to be neutered by Beast?

I bought the issue for Eddie. I'm alright with the Lethal Protector angle, but he also killed those cops too? I'm really hoping that's not the case. We have Carnage already for that. I'm also really not hoping Toxin isn't the Gargan-Spagetteo Monster either when he makes his full appearance.

The Toxin reveal was nothing like I expected...and I loved it! Not knowing who is in charge when Venom rages was a great plot device; can't wait to see that develop. Overall, I liked this issue except for minor details - the drastic and sudden art change half way through and the horrible editing (Caption says Brooklyn, NY but the cops uniform has Philadelphia Police).

Like many other fans on TVS have said, Bunn really needs to develop a better villain for Venom (U-Foes weren't all that exciting) and I think with recreating Toxin he will do just that!
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

I was on the fence about Bunn until this issue. The scene with Flash talking to symbiote constructs, and the Toxin scene sold me. Glad this series is in good hands. I only wish the artwork was a bit better.

The story was swell, really

I'm happy, and I think most other fans are too, with Flash as Venom. It's Marvel economically using old characters an concepts in new and interesting ways that enhances the mythology. In fact, as I'm very recent to comics, Flash sorta is my Venom. Eddie Brock is just crazy. Even when he's good, he's crazy.

The art...the art was messy and terrible. Yes, it's a chaotic fight, but damn, it was just bad...

And Val's boobs! My lord, her boobs! Those things could poke your eye out!

A solid, if unspectacular, issue. Bunn's doing a decent job with the book but I think we're still waiting for his run to really take off. With Toxin coming in, I think that moment may be coming up.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

I liked it. Had its flaws like Flash's reasons to stay behind felt a bit... forced. Also, not so keen on the demon in the symbiote thing. That just seems a bit odd. But beyond that? Was quite nice and wow I didn't realise that was Toxin until the end sequence. Hopefully, Bunn gives us another good Symbiote fight... kind of hoping though he undo's Screams death and bring her as a support character for Venom.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Like others, I wasn't exactly feeling Bunn's earlier issues, but this has sold me.

Didn't care much for the Eddie Brock/Toxin reveal (just goes to show the zombie/Frankenstein they made out of Brock, Toxin and editorials demand to have a Gargan like symbiote out in circulation still is around) but everything else was great.

Bunn definitely has interesting ideas on new abilities for Venom and frankly it is awesome. Wasn't a fan of the "demon" idea before but as Flash says in this issue, he has no idea if it is the demon that they said was buried within him or the symbiote that they said was lobotomized or both that has been taking over his body when he gets knocked out. That bit of mystery as to which has renewed my interest in the story.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a comic series.

I am a bit creeped out by the Toxin reveal, but other than that it was a great issue and nice start towards Flash new status quo.

I'm of the mind that this is all the demon and the symbiote tag-teaming Flash. Both want chaos, both want a host, and both are probably willing to share until the time comes.