View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Iron Man #4?

Voters
21. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! A great final issue.

7 33.33%
  • Good. A solid end for the mini.

10 47.62%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

3 14.29%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

1 4.76%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NEdmondson View Post
    You know, I wasn't paying that close attention to Brian Woods' Ultimate X-Men run until I wrote two issues of it, but the complexity and thoughtfulness really impressed me. I didn't think I'd be as interested in the younger cast as I was.
    Thanks. :)

I finally read the issue, but only after re-reading the first three. The only thing I did not like about the mini was the fact that it was just 4 issues long. Though the hint that a sequel could be in the works is a nice thought.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    I finally read the issue, but only after re-reading the first three. The only thing I did not like about the mini was the fact that it was just 4 issues long. Though the hint that a sequel could be in the works is a nice thought.
    Unfortunately we don't have control over the length in some cases. Glad you liked it--4 issues forces an economy of storytelling.

www.nathan-e.com
    @nhedmondson

Finally made it to my LCS and holy God, this was a good finale. Loved this mini more than I've loved Ultimate anything since Ultimates 2. So good. I really, really hope this gets turned into an ongoing. Also, I agree with whoever said Ultimates should always be a mini. I'd definitely be okay with an Edmonson UC:IM in place of Ultimates as an ongoing. Would love to see more Mandarin and maybe some other Iron Man villain ultimizations.
    Comics are more better.

Thanks Codah! Feel free to let Marvel and twitter know!

Glad you enjoyed.

www.nathan-e.com
    @nhedmondson

Just for the fun of it, let's play "what villains do we want to see?"

An original character by Nathan Edmondson!

In Iron Man, in a Ultimate Avengers/black Ops story or in Ultimate Fantastic Four? (I ask this as these are some of the titles I would like to see you write)

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    In Iron Man, in a Ultimate Avengers/black Ops story or in Ultimate Fantastic Four? (I ask this as these are some of the titles I would like to see you write)
    Whatever you like :)

Number 1 choice would probably be Radioactive Man. I could see some really interesting espionagey stuff with that. He could sort of be a bad version of Stark. What Stark could have been without his father's guidance and the freedom to prosper. Also, Fin Fang Foom. Which, I would love to see it him translated into something weird in the Ultimate U, like the Mandarin, which was awesome. That's really one of the best parts of the Ultimate U. Sometimes a villain you know and love from 616 end up being a computer.
    Comics are more better.

Nathan, do you have any insight on when your miniseries takes place? It's definitely after Divided We Fall, since Danvers has her new position, but is it before Tony dons his Iron Patriot suit? Or is it just sometime in the universal "now"?

Man, all my answers for Iron Man have either been done in the UU (Ghost, Crimson Dynamo) or are dead (Dr. Doom). Whiplash would be cool, and he was just in the short story in Ultimate Spider-man #150, so I'll go with him.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

For Iron Man, I'd like to see Obadiah Stane. Since his original appearance has been retconned into a TV show, a real lfe Obadiah is still yet to appear in the Ultimate Universe.

Also, I'd LOVE to see Doctor Doom!! Nathan, whether you get to write more Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, or the Ultimates, I'd LOVE to see you bring in Doctor Doom! I know canonically speaking he's dead, but his death made no damn sense whatsoever, and with the widely established existence of Doombots, it would be very reasonable to bring him back without it being a cheap resurrection. Doctor Doom is the coolest villain ever and he was so underused in the Ultimate Universe!

And needless to say- I'd love to see the Mandarin again in a sequel to this story!
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Yeah, Doom. Ultimate Doom was great and his (non)death is easily explainable as that could have been anyone in his costume and when Ben squashed his head there were brains, blood and an eyeball that popped out (I think) none of which Doom has

In fact I still want to see a Doom mini (written by N. Edmondson) that shows how he got back from the Zombieverse, his involvement in Ultimate Power and Ultimatum, how it wasn't him that was killed by Ben and then his reaction to the return of Reed and the City and the Children (was Latveria wiped out?) to set up the a new status quo. Then I want to see The Ult Avengers black ops ongoing (written by N. Edmondson) that starts with them trying to take down Doom, Beetle, the symbiotes and whatever plans he had for Namor

Even if Doom's dead was badly done I would like to see Marvel keep him dead.
    Because if they start to bring back a character just because his dead was badly done why wouldn't they start to bring back more characters for the same reason.

It they wanted to use Doom why not just create a new Doomlike character.

BANNED

Azazel - A teleporter, a renegade mutant assassin, unable to be detected via telepathy due a small technological device attached to his belt, given to him by his master, Mojo, is assassinating residents of Tian with his twin katana blades. Karen and her Ultimate X are (t)asked by Xorn to capture this teleporting assassin, or kill if necessary. This would be a good excuse to see the new Ultimate setting in full detail, Tian. And of course there are two cities to explore. This may also make a pretty good story for Ultimate Deadpool.

Executioner - Perhaps my favourite Thor baddie ever. His 616 counterpart carries a double battle-axe enchanted with the power of fire and ice. I would LOVE to see him get Ultimatized. All Ultimate fans, bar none, love to see Thor have something hard to hit. And who better that Skurge, The Executioner? I can't believe this guy hasn't been ultimatized yet.

Phalanx (Alien Race) - Easily the greatest alien race Marvel have ever created. If you haven't heard of them, look them up on the Marvel database. I'm sorry but F*** the Skrulls. They're s**t. They really are. I've never understood the fascination about them. Whereas The Phalanx are a powerful bloodthirsty alien race and it's criminal how they've been ignored in favour of races less badass. Not only should the Phalanx be Ultimatized, they should be the focus of an entire Ultimate event.

New Liberators Team / Masters of Evil - America is STILL recovering from the events of DWF/UWS. Lead by Frank Simpson, it's another mighty invasion upon Ultimate Marvel America and the Ultimate Marvel heroes. The Executioner could get Ultimatized here. A deadly opponent for Thor to fight. And the Beetle could fight IronMan! I would love to see this happen. Think of it as a bit like the ending of The Ultimates 2, only with more dynamic and interesting one on one battles. I thought Frank Simpson aka Cpt. Vietnam was a brilliant bad guy in Ultimate Comics: Captain America and I'd love to see him return to do something big. And a traditional Ultimate terrorist attack upon the USA seems right up his street.

Tombstone - A few years ago, sometime during or around the Death of a Goblin arc I think, Bendis revealed that he would be ultimatizing Tombstone. Not that he might, but that he would. I wish I could find the link. Doesn't anybody remember that? Of course, Bendis' word should always be taken with a pinch of salt. And his plans might've changed since then. Still, I would like to see an Ultimate Tombstone. I'd like to see him as Scorpion's top henchman.
    He could also be one of the members in Scorpion's Ultimate Five, with Scorpion being the sixth and final member at the end. Yes. Scorpion leading the five would be pure awesomesauce.

Jackie Boy Lantern - An Ultimatization of Jack O'Lantern.

Avalanche - I am very eager to see Quicksilver and his New Brotherhood again. And I think this new Ultimate Brotherhood could do with an extra member or two too. And who better than Avalanche? I think Geokinesis is a great powerset and I don't think the UU has seen it used yet.

Obadiah Stane
    Blackheart
    Scalp Hunter
    The Hood