Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am thrilled to see War in Injustice. It seemed like having Cheetah in a game that also includes Catwoman was a longshot, so I am not too disappointed. Though the fact that there will probably be three or four strongman type characters makes me cry foul whenever anyone mentions clone characters.

I am crossing my fingers for old man War, Nyssane! Sure, the Perez design had awesome armor, and Rucka's version was witty and deceptive. Do either one of those designs rock a cowboy hat and beard mustache combo, though? I think not! Plus I would very much like to hand Lex Luthor and Joker their rears with an older gentleman character. Hopefully Ares will be playable and not just a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy882 View Post
    I am thrilled to see War in Injustice. It seemed like having Cheetah in a game that also includes Catwoman was a longshot, so I am not too disappointed. Though the fact that there will probably be three or four strongman type characters makes me cry foul whenever anyone mentions clone characters.
    Good point, Goldenboy. I guess Ares (if playable) will have an ax to differentiate him from the likes of Grundy and Doomsday. Still, like others, I think with a little thought and effort, Cheetah and Catwoman could both be playable and not be "clones."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy882 View Post
    I am crossing my fingers for old man War, Nyssane! Sure, the Perez design had awesome armor, and Rucka's version was witty and deceptive. Do either one of those designs rock a cowboy hat and beard mustache combo, though? I think not! Plus I would very much like to hand Lex Luthor and Joker their rears with an older gentleman character. Hopefully Ares will be playable and not just a background character.
    I hope Ares isn't just background in the storyline cut scenes. I'll be disappointed if WW doesn't get any playable foes.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yes, the game has too many shotos/ansatsuken fellas, including the wannabes Sakura and Dan, but it goes to show that you can afford two characters with similar motifs.
    Isn't Dan merely there to be played for laughs, though?

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Good point, Goldenboy. I guess Ares (if playable) will have an ax to differentiate him from the likes of Grundy and Doomsday. Still, like others, I think with a little thought and effort, Cheetah and Catwoman could both be playable and not be "clones."
    I just hope that this Ares is similar to the one(s) from the comics. The WW version is cool enough as he is, there is no need to jazz the character up to meet the expectations of a modern audience.

Very interesting to see what kind of moves Ares will have in this game along with the normal punching and kicking.

Given how Bane and Lex Luthor were shown in images in the new Playstation Magazine issue, I doubt they're that bent on creating versatility and balance. I mean, we already have Solomon Grundy, and Cyborg, sooo...

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I hope Ares isn't just background in the storyline cut scenes. I'll be disappointed if WW doesn't get any playable foes.
    Now that I think about it, with that in place, I can't help but wonder if Ares will turn out to be the true big bad of the story, using Superman to take over the world through war.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Yes, Dan Hibiki is mostly a chump whose real value is it's humiliating for the opponent who loses to him. I'm just saying you can have 8 characters who are supposed to be based on the same fighting style, but the differences between them are non-trivial (though I think 8 is overkill). If you look at Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games, and even games like the Tekken or King of Fighters series, you can see that it's okay to have multiple characters with similar traits. Having Catwoman and Cheetah should not be considered a problem.

Hell yeah, Ares! Would never have imagined in the roster. Might just have to give him a look. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/pa...on-magaz-r7722

I will prefer Cheetah, but Ares is a good option as archi-enemy for Diana.

Thoughts?
    Stupid stupid work computer...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Now that I think about it, with that in place, I can't help but wonder if Ares will turn out to be the true big bad of the story, using Superman to take over the world through war.
    Nah, it will be Darkseid as usual (especially considering that Netherrealm seems to have gone back to the days where bosses were unplayable with the last Mortal Kombat. Or at the very least hidden characters).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Wow that kinda sucks. There are so many other characters I would rather have in this game. They'll probably use the version of Ares that doesn't even exist anymore. I think I would actually be intersted if they use the New 52 version of Ares. The Azzarello looking guy with the long beard. He seems like a much more complex character than fist wringing bad guy.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post

For years I've played and beaten people with Dan before I learned he was a joke character.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!