Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ares in Injustice: Gods Among Us?

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/pa...on-magaz-r7722

I will prefer Cheetah, but Ares is a good option as archi-enemy for Diana.

Thoughts?

Cheetah could always be released as DLC, and honestly, with Catwoman's inclusion her chances were pretty slim (for some reason, it's taboo to place two cat-themed villains, regardless of how different they are, in the same game). Circe also would've made a good villain for the game.

I'm pretty excited to see what they do with Ares. I do think it's funny they continuously mention that Ares is lesser-known... it's like he's not supposed to be the God of War or anything...
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cheetah could always be released as DLC, and honestly, with Catwoman's inclusion her chances were pretty slim (for some reason, it's taboo to place two cat-themed villains, regardless of how different they are, in the same game). Circe also would've made a good villain for the game.

I'm pretty excited to see what they do with Ares. I do think it's funny they continuously mention that Ares is lesser-known... it's like he's not supposed to be the God of War or anything...
    He's not that well-known to people outside comics (or even some DC readers) as Wonder Woman's villain or as a character in DC universe.

Wasn't expecting Ares. Would've preferred Circe and its a guarantee it won't be the new 52 version of Ares.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Wasn't expecting Ares. Would've preferred Circe and its a guarantee it won't be the new 52 version of Ares.

Oh well.
    Would you really want old man Ares out there on the battlefield?
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Ah, the possibilities...

That's Gen from Street Fighter^^ btw, for those who don't know.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Old men in fighting games are awesome (don't think I've ever seen an old woman in any of them).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

From the Kompany that gave us a fighting game in which 40% of the 25+ characters were ninjas, comes a game that will not allow two cat-themed ladies...

Ares will most likely appear as his Post-Crisis form because quite frankly it's his coolest look and he looks incredibly imposing.

Cheetah will never make it into the game because Catwoman is in the game. In terms of gameplay mechanics, they would likely be the same. Two gals scratching you.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    From the Kompany that gave us a fighting game in which 40% of the 25+ characters were ninjas, comes a game that will not allow two cat-themed ladies...
    I'd rather have balance in the game.

Catwoman already is the "speedy combo ninja". Cheetah would be practically the same thing. I hate clone characters in fighting games.

Ares is unique as a 7 foot tall god with a big honking axe.

I see him as a slow 'mage' character who can whack you to death with his axe and summon fire out of nowhere beneath your feet.

Cheetah would simply be redundant.

I saw this earlier today and my first reaction was, "really?" Then I thought about it for a little bit and it made a lot of sense. I really wanted Circe in the game but given the audience that Netherrealm caters to, Ares is an obvious choice. I feel a bit silly that I didn't think of it. He is a very imposing figure and seems to be one of those "bad ass" characters that a lot of gamers like.

From the little bits we've heard about the story of the game, Ares does feel like a natural fit. Hopefully we will get to see Diana go toe-to-toe with him. For those who pick up the game and aren't that familiar with Wonder Woman, seeing her tackle Ares would raise her "street cred" a bit I think :)

I was 9/9 so far on announced characters. I guess my streak will be broken!

If it had to be Cheetah or Ares, I'd see your point. I'm not totally convinced, though, it has to be either or.

You can make similarly-themed characters that aren't actually clones. I joked about Ultimate MK3, but despite the fact that there are 13 ninjas, 12 of them coming from 3 different palette swaps, and 2 Sub-Zeros, there's some differentiation in the characters, or at least differentiation as far as early MK games are concerned. Super Street Fighter 4: AE does a fairly decent job of taking characters with similar themes and making them distinct. Ryu is no substitute for Ken, and vice-versa. Akuma and his brother Gouken are different, and both feel different from Gouken's students Ken and Ryu. Akuma and his ascended form Oni are different. I even feel that choosing between Evil Ryu and Ryu isn't a trivial decision. Yes, the game has too many shotos/ansatsuken fellas, including the wannabes Sakura and Dan, but it goes to show that you can afford two characters with similar motifs.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

I know how we can make Cheetah different from Catwoman.We give her the lasso of truth,she took it from Wonder Woman Woman.Cheetah will be a strength character while Catwoman will be intellect.
    Ares should be Soul Calibur like,it'd be epic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2654353-cheetah431_medium.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	107324
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1224063-cheetah195_medium.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	107325

I think we should all be grateful that another WW character is even IN the game.

Batman has like 5 or 6 of his characters in the game.

Superman has 3 with the rumor of Doomsday being added.

Wonder Woman of course doesn't have many respected or recognizable villains so Ares is the natural choice.

Thanks for the heads-up, Shinomune.

I'm a bit surprise by Ares - like others, I was hoping more for Circe or Cheetah - but I am glad a WW foe is in.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow