Default How do you guys practice drawing inside a panel?

Do you just draw existing comic panels or also something else?
    Are there any composition techniques you use, like Rule of Thirds and Golden Rectangle?

I have been trying to copy the drawings of my Street Fighter manga, but it either looks cramped, or cut-off. I'm drawing panel first and then the scenario. I have been experimenting with the Rule of Thirds and got 1 panel 'right'. I tried free hand-drawing but things become a mess. Afterwards I marked distances of objects with a ruler, so I would 'connect the dots', but it lead to a cramped result.

So I think I'll keep practicing with the Rule of Thirds for now.

I use something called fading points, basically I write the idea of the panels first then I draw the panels themselves, but very light just in case I change my mind on the look later. I then do a very basic sketch (most of the times stick figures) depicting the poses and action within the panel, after that I then select a specific part that I want it to be the focus point and then I draw a horizontal line that goes through that focus point, the rest of the drawing comes from this initial focus point. I use the focus point as the main image I want the reader to see and I work from there as I get further away from this point the image "fades"

based on the panel I'll select different fading points, for example I'll use your Street Fighter manga thingy. Lets say I was going to do Cammy doing a cannon spike to Juri. I would do 1 horizontal line and focal point for Cammy, 1 for Juri, and one for the background. Its a bit confusing but if ya want I can upload some pics to show you my process

^Yeah sure that would be cool. It seems like a nice method.