Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Brago vs Magneto

This is brag from Zatch Bell at his final form vs Magneto, Sherry is out of the picture, just a battle between the two.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

If Magneto doesn't have his shield up Brago probably just blitzes him and punches his head off.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If Magneto doesn't have his shield up Brago probably just blitzes him and punches his head off.
    Pretty much.

Even if Magneto gets his shields up, Brago has some pretty ridiculous offensive power to his name and likely just opens a black hole on him.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

BANNED

Doesn't Magneto have crazy reflexes though?

Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Doesn't Magneto have crazy reflexes though?
    Brago has feats of legit superspeed including duelling with a dude whose speed and reflexes are on the multimach level.

Magneto is fast, but he is nowhere near fast enough.

Follow me on Tumblr!

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Poor Mags. I 'm not sure that there is one other character with as big a difference in who he can beat completely unprepped versus who he can beat with 2 seconds of prep. Unprepped, Mags is taken out by anybody BT and up with a tough-human-takedown range game or any legit speedster. Give him 1 second of prep, however, and he's a threat to many teams of Avengers, X-Men or non-WallyFlash JL.

I'm wondering how Brago's ability to amp his powers using magnetic fields would interact with Magneto's powers, if a blitz wasn't involved.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Brago has feats of legit superspeed including duelling with a dude whose speed and reflexes are on the multimach level.

Magneto is fast, but he is nowhere near fast enough.
    Um, didn't Erik pull a giant light-speed bullet (or was it FTL?) to earth and then use a wormhole to drag Kitty out of it before it passed by in Uncanny X-Men #521?

This scene is what I mean.

His reflexes/perception should be pretty high up there. It's also not like he needs to physically move to activate his shield.
    Last edited by Gram; 01-17-2013 at 08:21 AM.

So... are you trying to claim that Erik has lightspeed or higher reflexes?

Just want to check that this is the argument you're going for before I rebutt this.

Follow me on Tumblr!

His reflexes/perception should be pretty high up there. It's also not like he needs to physically move to activate his shield.
    What would you like to say you are leaving out about that incident before I do it for you?

BANNED

Go ahead. If I'm missing anything mention it. I myself I'm not sure of the context other than what happened in #521.

I know it will simply turn out the same way it always does. A shit-storm.

So... are you trying to claim that Erik has lightspeed or higher reflexes?

Just want to check that this is the argument you're going for before I rebutt this.
    What other explanation could you have for that scene then?

What other explanation could you have that scene then?
    So... you're going with the explanation that Magneto has FTL reflexes? Despite the fact that the vast majority of his feats do not demonstrate and he has innumerable that demonstrate him not having reflexes on that level?

Just want to be clear on this.

Quite spot check, you did read the rules of the board right. Specifically the section about SMvsFL, right?

Follow me on Tumblr!

Um, didn't Erik pull a giant light-speed bullet (or was it FTL?) to earth and then use a wormhole to drag Kitty out of it before it passed by in Uncanny X-Men #521?

This scene is what I mean.

He also did so while generally being nerfed and having his powers on the fritz at the time. Not to mention the host of heavy weights that were completely unable to affect that bullet in any way during the end of Astonishing. They might as well have just had the editor drawn in the scene whispering *we need Kitty back, fuck logic*.

His showing while on the X-men team most recently have been all over the place (like getting dropped by the non-powered pre-teen Hell fire brats).
    Last edited by AJ Valliant; 01-17-2013 at 09:58 AM.

He also did so while generally being nerfed and having his powers on the fritz at the time.
    He got his powers back around then really and his nerfings didn't really get to be especially a thing of staggering depressing note till AvX.

As for the thing being left out..

Go ahead. If I'm missing anything mention it. I myself I'm not sure of the context other than what happened in #521.

I know it will simply turn out the same way it always does. A shit-storm.
    Gram, did Magneto spend a massive amount of time meditating and concentrating and building himself up to be able to do what he did? Did he just bust it out? This is neverminding any of the SMvFL issues of it, just that part, is that thing I just said part of that performance?

And: if Magneto had to spend a lot of time focusing to be able to do what he did, what does that have to do with any claim you could make about his powers, reflexes, what have you, when he has no such time?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-17-2013 at 10:24 AM.

BANNED

So... you're going with the explanation that Magneto has FTL reflexes? Despite the fact that the vast majority of his feats do not demonstrate and he has innumerable that demonstrate him not having reflexes on that level?

Just want to be clear on this.

Quite spot check, you did read the rules of the board right. Specifically the section about SMvsFL, right?
    Yes, and I don't think that's the case. You do know that a character's power changes, right?

So, we can dismiss all new showings because they contradict old ones? I don't get that. That goes into the territory of "I don't like it. It didn't happen." That's the same reason Thor's microsecond speed feat is dismissed right? You know, because it's so different than his new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Gram, did Magneto spend a massive amount of time meditating and concentrating and building himself up to be able to do what he did? Did he just bust it out? This is neverminding any of the SMvFL issues of it, just that part, is that thing I just said part of that performance?

And: if Magneto had to spend a lot of time focusing to be able to do what he did, what does that have to do with any claim you could make about his powers, reflexes, what have you, when he has no such time?
    That was just to drag the bullet to Earth. It's a planet-busting bullet the last time I checked and changing its trajectory would take a lot of power. What I'm talking about is when he pulls Kitty out of it. Reflexes and power are not the same thing.

He had the ability to get her out of it before it flew away so he must have had some insane reflexes.