Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where's Rob Williams?

I'm just curious about what happened to this guy. For a while it seemed like Marvel was grooming him to be the new and improved Daniel Way. It's like they just lost his number after Daken ended and never game him another shot.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

This side of devon grayson he wrote the worst ghost rider I've ever read.....
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

I've been wondering about him myself.

I guess given all the books and limited series Marvel had to cut down on he was lost in the shuffle due to the weaker market. It might also explain why Pak and Van Lente aren't at Marvel anymore (although they could have left for entirely different reasons too).

I didn't read his Ghost Rider work but I liked Iron Age, Skaar: King of the Savage Land, and Daken so it's too bad he doesn't have anything at Marvel at the moment, he would have been a better choice for the new Thunderbolts title personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post

I guess given all the books and limited series Marvel had to cut down on he was lost in the shuffle due to the weaker market. It might also explain why Pak and Van Lente aren't at Marvel anymore (although they could have left for entirely different reasons too).

I didn't read his Ghost Rider work but I liked Iron Age, Skaar: King of the Savage Land, and Daken so it's too bad he doesn't have anything at Marvel at the moment, he would have been a better choice for the new Thunderbolts title personally.
    Pak's doing X-Treme X-Men right now.

And I believe Williams recently did some of the A:EMH comics.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff! View Post
    This side of devon grayson he wrote the worst ghost rider I've ever read.....
    I liked his take on Johnny Blaze, just not the overall book itself.

Wonder who approved the idea of Alejandra as the Ghost Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post

im sort of glad his not around, marvel gave him a good chance to prove himself, skaar/daken 2 of my favourite characters and then ghost rider....
    skaar savage land was a little boring,

daken was ok, but he just took things too far with the heat and the claws killer. then he killed daken and got the series cancelled, just cause he was trying to do something "different".....daniel way was doing a good job and the book was selling well, until williams got a hold of it.

and i havnt read ghost rider but i havnt heard good things

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Pak's doing X-Treme X-Men right now.

And I believe Williams recently did some of the A:EMH comics.
    Ah, forgot about X-Treme.

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    im sort of glad his not around, marvel gave him a good chance to prove himself, skaar/daken 2 of my favourite characters and then ghost rider....
    skaar savage land was a little boring,

daken was ok, but he just took things too far with the heat and the claws killer. then he killed daken and got the series cancelled, just cause he was trying to do something "different".....daniel way was doing a good job and the book was selling well, until williams got a hold of it.

and i havnt read ghost rider but i havnt heard good things
    I hear you, I thought they were pretty good reads myself although I do think the Way/Liu Daken run was a better overall.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I'm just curious about what happened to this guy. For a while it seemed like Marvel was grooming him to be the new and improved Daniel Way. It's like they just lost his number after Daken ended and never game him another shot.
    He had two solo series, both of which he didn't deliver on. His Daken was awful; but Daniel Way writes Daken much better. I was (ultimately) very disappointed in Williams work on Daken: Dark Wolverine...
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I like him and wouldn't mind seeing more from him. He wrote an AMAZING Sam Wilson in the Cap and Falcon one-shot and his Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force mini was good as well.
    I didn't read his Skaar or Ghost Rider as I have no interest in them so I can't judge. Oh and I liked Iron Age.
    He should get a Falcon mini series or something.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-17-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Yeah. I just find it weird that he got left out in the cold compared to Humphries who by all impressions is bombing on Ultimates or Bunn who still hasn't seemed to click with the MU creatively.

By the way, I don't have anything against either of those guys but their Marvel output hasn't been that warmly received compared to their creator-owned projects.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

He is the reason that Daken was cancelled.

He wrote the Avenging Spider-Man Annual a few months back and it was great. I could easily become a fan of his if I read more of his stuff.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I overall liked his Daken, especially much more than Liu's.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

If you like his work, he's a fixture in 2000AD.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

He never made it to a bigger title and probably figured he was better off outside of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    He is the reason that Daken was cancelled.
    Because only bad comics with obscure characters are cancelled.