Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Vai Cavalo Milkshake Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dale Mabry & Northdale
    Posts
    252

    Default Dark Avengers #185 *Spoilers*

    This book was TERRIBAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I find this whole "Avengers STILL stuck in time" thing to be a bit insulting, frankly. The idea is worn out and boring. And retarded. I had to drop Thunderbolts because of that boring, stupid concept. Now I'll have to quickly follow suit with this equally horrendous book as well.

    Where does Marvel seriously get off pulling this kind of crap? A new, alternate future timeline where heroes have tribal wars? You think I seriously give a crap about such a stupid idea? By the time I get to the end of the book I'm already so pissed off I wasted time and money on this junk that I no longer care about U.S.Agent's return.

    I also found it very amusing in the recap page that Ai Apaec has apparently changed his first name to Al. Seriously, Marvel? Seriously? You guys can't keep track of the characters YOU made who are already a couple years old now? Come on.


    -11 very pissed off stars out of 5.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

  2. #2
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    very light on the spoilers.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  3. #3
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Yea doesn't event tell anything that happened in the issue which these discussion topics are kinda for. Personally while I hated the Thunderbolts story of them being lost in time, this one does seem to be kind of interesting if only to find out just what happened to bring this about and what the Dark Avengers will do about it. Also loved Moonstone's line about how people keep dressing her up as Carol.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  4. #4
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London/NEW YORK
    Posts
    11,959

    Default

    DARK AVENGERS #185
    writer. Jeff Parker
    artist. Neil Edwards



    spoilers:
    Brief Synopsis: trapped in another dimension, at the mercy of feuding "heroes"; the Dark Avengers must struggle to survive. In the Iron Zone the Witch [Dr. June Covington] is mind-controlling Dr. Hank Pym to help her repair her team. First on the agenda: Ragnarok. While in Strangtown Moonstone [Dr. Karla Sofen] is forcibly controlled by Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Stephen Strange into starting a false war between the Iron Zone and Yancy (ruled by Ben Grimm, who took over the Mole Man's kingdom). Unable to resist his spells; Karla is forced to change her outfit, impersonating a woman who died recently: CAPTAIN MARVEL!!! While all this is going on, Iron Man's spies have been caught by the Baxter Building; and yet another ruler of New York: Dr. Reed Richards... and he knows something is up...
    ~ cliffhanger: the Witch's first patient is up... U.S. AGENT HAS RETURNED!!! [grade: B-]
    end of spoilers
    ~ cover: U.S Agent is back... and hunched over like a dwarf. Hmmm; not loving this... [grade: C-]

    BEST QUOTE: "What is this weird fetish where men have me dress up as this woman? Did you all watch Vertigo too much?" ~ Moonstone [Dr. Karla Sofen]

    LOVED
    1. seeing a female go toe-to-toe with one of the great minds on the planet. It reminded me of the scenes between T'Challa and Mr. Fantastic in New Avengers.
    2. the spotlight on the Witch, and skilled June seemed this issue; I like her crazed scientific mind; and also the loyalty she's showing to her team
    3. HAHAHAHA!!! tigra diving into a sex orgy with Strange and Clea; hurling her bra aside in glee!
    4. Moonstone telling Skaar (who is a minor) to look away from the provocative displays... awwww; quite sweet really.
    5. Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh! What is June doing with that venom symbiont???
    6. Karla's retorts to Strange's egotistic battle cries in her body. "DIE, MONSTERS!"/"I wouldn't say that." Hilarious! :D
    7. SAY, WHAAAAT? Has June just given Ai Apaec 'pym particle' abilities???

    LIKED
    1. evil Clea looks AWESOME!
    2. exploring yet another zone, ruled by Reed Richards (where he is using Mad Thinker's androids as guards).
    3. THE WITCH: See, to me, biology is more predicable. To each his own, huh? (her answer to Pym saying Stark prefers his soldiers to wear armour because "it's more predicable")
    4. Karla trying to manipulate her way out of the situation. Oh, never change Karla!
    5. hmmmm, I wonder is the moonstone is protecting Karla from magic somehow...
    6. seeing the remains of Central Park where Thor and Hulk had their final battle
    7. another Karla power being displayed: this time it's burning gore off herself.
    8. Ben Grimm looks cool dressed in Mole Man's cape, with his staff
    9. YEY, Rescue/Pepper Potts! :)
    10. THE WITCH: I think the words you're looking for are: "Thank You".

    OVERALL
    A very solid issue. I really like the idea of the "classic" heroes at war; they are all VERY creepy as villains. It also contrasting nicely with the "heroes" of the book being villainous. I loved seeing June Covington representing female scientists; smart and clever and power; fixing her team the only mischievous way she knows how. This issue made me like her a lot, and gave her a great spotlight. While I'm not thrilled to jump to an alternate reality after such a long time-travel arc; I nonetheless immensely enjoyed myself this issue.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,508

    Default

    This arc started off a bit dubiously, but I have to say, this was an awesome issue. I'm really curious on the modifications June is making to Ragnarok and Ai Apaec. Looks like Ragnarok is having at least some of his cybernetics removed and Apaec is being bonded to the Venom symbiote.

  6. #6
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    i always knew that June (and the rest of the Osborn mini folks) had potential. kind of overkill to give a giant spider god pym particle abilities though.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post

    I find this whole "Avengers STILL stuck in time" thing to be a bit insulting, frankly. .
    They aren't stuck in time, they are tuck in another world. The time travel stuff already ended.


    Anyway, i thought it was a good issue and i'm interested in seeing the relationship between Skaar and Moonstone develop, especially since Moonstone used to be a Hulk villain.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 01-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.

  8. #8
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    This arc started off a bit dubiously, but I have to say, this was an awesome issue. I'm really curious on the modifications June is making to Ragnarok and Ai Apaec. Looks like Ragnarok is having at least some of his cybernetics removed and Apaec is being bonded to the Venom symbiote.
    I don't know, I don't think it was Ai Apaec that was bonded to the symbiote, but Walker in order to give him back his arm and leg like how it works with Flash. And is it just me or does his new costume look a bit like what an Ultimate USAgent would otherwise look like?

    Also this issue has furthered my suspicion that Ragnarok is gonna get that universe's Thor's Mjolnir.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  9. #9
    BANNED carloshll726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    793

    Default

    What up with U.S.Agent's suit? He looks like classic Captain America, it's really bad! I thought Marvel would upgrade him like they did Cap! Anybody know what's goin' on?

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't know, I don't think it was Ai Apaec that was bonded to the symbiote, but Walker in order to give him back his arm and leg like how it works with Flash. And is it just me or does his new costume look a bit like what an Ultimate USAgent would otherwise look like?

    Also this issue has furthered my suspicion that Ragnarok is gonna get that universe's Thor's Mjolnir.
    That's a great point, it's entirely possible.

    Does Ragnarok meet the quota for lifting Mjolnir though? It's about more than just being powerful.

  11. #11
    Old and broken Pat Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    I liked this one a lot. Looks like it's setting up for a huge throwdown next ish. That is one creepy Dr. Strange though.

  12. #12
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    That's a great point, it's entirely possible.

    Does Ragnarok meet the quota for lifting Mjolnir though? It's about more than just being powerful.
    He probably doesn't yet, but they seem to be building something with him that hasn't quite reached its peak yet with that surge of Thor's memories, having his fake Mjolnir destroyed, him being in a universe where Thor is dead and Mjolnir left behind in Central Park and now June making him less machine. This has got to be going somewhere, maybe even culminating in him staying behind to be that reality's Thor by the end of this.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He probably doesn't yet, but they seem to be building something with him that hasn't quite reached its peak yet with that surge of Thor's memories, having his fake Mjolnir destroyed, him being in a universe where Thor is dead and Mjolnir left behind in Central Park and now June making him less machine. This has got to be going somewhere, maybe even culminating in him staying behind to be that reality's Thor by the end of this.
    I was thinking that as well, there seems to be some kind of redemption arc in store for him. I'm hoping he stays with the Dark Avengers after this though, I actually enjoy him.

  14. #14
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I was thinking that as well, there seems to be some kind of redemption arc in store for him. I'm hoping he stays with the Dark Avengers after this though, I actually enjoy him.
    I'm actually kinda curious as to where things will go for the Dark Avengers beyond this plot. After all, this can't last forever and Toxie, Ai Apaec, Trickshot and Ragnarok are still wanted criminals.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm actually kinda curious as to where things will go for the Dark Avengers beyond this plot. After all, this can't last forever and Toxie, Ai Apaec, Trickshot and Ragnarok are still wanted criminals.
    Maybe they'll be enrolled in the Thunderbolts program since the last team left.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •