Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default We need an Ultimate Comics Fantastic Four!!!!

Ok, I really enjoyed the old Ultimate Fantastic Four and it often feels like my Wednesdays are empty since they ended that title. I did enjoy the Ultimate Doom trilogy but Reed becoming a villain didn't make too much since and was really out of character (maybe one day Marvel will undo it like DC did with Hal Jordan, maybe). Ben Grimm getting new powers was cool and it would be cool if we can ACTUALLY SEE HIM IN AN ULTIMATE COMIC BOOK AGAIN, I just feel that he is becoming swept in a wave of characters with a lot of penitential who are just not being used.
    What I would do is either add a new fourth member to the fantastic four or create a completely new team all together: like putting Ultimate Luke Cage, Ultimate Spider-Woman, Ultimate Ghost Rider, and Ultimate X 23 (I know she hasn't been introduced yet) on the same team and have interactions with members of the old team.

BANNED

My Fantastic Five would be
    Sue Storm - The Leader of the team, science whiz, particularly in biology and exobiology.
    Ben Grimm - Main Powerhouse of the team and general Heavy. Radiates extremely resourceful N-Zone (Negative) Energy which can be used for power/fuel/electricity.
    Captain Mahr-Vehl - Techy, Extraterrestrial lifeform, science whiz, highly skilled and knowledgable in Exobiology and Alien Technology. May be able to create tech for the team.
    Spider-Woman - Brawler, Another possible science whiz, could perhaps do recon/stealth missions for the team.
    Nova - Teleporter, Rookie, but possible Powerhouse and apparent saviour of the UU.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 01-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    My Fantastic Five would be
    Sue Storm - The Leader of the team, science whiz, particularly in biology and exobiology.
    Ben Grimm - Main Powerhouse of the team and general Heavy. Radiates extremely resourceful N-Zone (Negative) Energy which can be used for power/fuel/electricity.
    Captain Mahr-Vehl - Techy, Extraterrestrial lifeform, science whiz, highly skilled and knowledgable in Exobiology and Alien Technology. May be able to create tech for the team.
    Spider-Woman - Brawler, Another possible science whiz, could perhaps do recon/stealth missions for the team.
    Nova - Teleporter, Rookie, but possible Powerhouse and apparent saviour of the UU.
    My choice would be:

Ben, Sue, Johnny and Jessica.

My choice for Ultimate Comics Fantastic would be Carol Danvers leading a reasearch team out of project pegasus with Sue, Ben, Johnny, Nova, Marh Vehl, Jessica, Wendel Vaughan, Mary Storm, Dr Molekovic & Strange Josie and her gang.

I like the idea of a Carol Danvers lead team working out of Project Pegasus but consisting of Ben, Sue, Nova and Mahr-Vehl.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate scarlet spider View Post
    Ok, I really enjoyed the old Ultimate Fantastic Four and it often feels like my Wednesdays are empty since they ended that title. I did enjoy the Ultimate Doom trilogy but Reed becoming a villain didn't make too much sense and was really out of character (maybe one day Marvel will undo it like DC did with Hal Jordan, maybe). Ben Grimm getting new powers was cool and it would be cool if we can ACTUALLY SEE HIM IN AN ULTIMATE COMIC BOOK AGAIN, I just feel that he is becoming swept in a wave of characters with a lot of penitential who are just not being used.
    I agree. That whole scene with Reed's house blowing up doesn't make sense. He tried to stop his Dad from opening the door and then BOOM... everyone's dead and he's bad? Because that doesn't make sense, any writer could easily add a twist of the bad Reed from an alternate universe being the man at the door and swapping places with the good Reed. Ultimate Reed is easily one of my top 5 favorite characters of all time. Really wish I could read a monthly of him again.

Also, I agree their needs to be some sort of F4 in the Ultimate universe. We need a sci-fi title.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I like the idea of a Carol Danvers lead team working out of Project Pegasus but consisting of Ben, Sue, Nova and Mahr-Vehl.
    Completely agree. These four would make the perfect team.

Join the club. I've been begging for a new UFF for 3 years now, ever since the Doomsday Trilogy proved they were still interesting. I wish Rafa Sandoval could come back and draw it, but I think he's DC exclusive as of last fall, unfortunately. What would be really amazing is if we could get Pasqual Ferry back. At this point, I don't even care who works on it; I just want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    That's been my lineup of choice for years, but I'd never really thought of having Carol lead it (she was still Top Cop when I was speculating on all this). I think the dynamic between her and Sue would be great, plus she has her prior relationship with Mahr Vehl, whatever that might be. Bring back Vision for a bit, and you have a goldmine of characters.

I would love that book.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I really hope Marvel hears ya on this one, as for a team, like you pointed out all they need is 1 more member, since they already have Sue, Ben, and Johnny, if it were up to me I'd simply say add Johnny's best friend Bobby, he's not doing much in X-Men anyways

hell speaking of which how about an Ultimate X-Force?

My choice for a new team would be:
    Sue
    Johnny
    Ben
    Peter Parker(Yes I know he is dead but they could bring him back for this) as the new brains of the group.
    I like the idea of Iceman in the group as well.

BANNED

I don't remember there being a relationship, or anything of the sort between Mahr-Vehl and Carol Danvers. I only remember him attempting to flirt with her, and I can imagine him being the same towards every pretty face he's sees. Have I missed something?

For obvious reasons it would be good to have Johnny on the team. But I'd rather not have him AND Nova on the same team because they're powers are quite similar and personally I'd prefer a bit more diversity in powersets than that. It's a hard choice, having to choose between those two characters. I'm very eager to see Nova explored. I'm betting he's going to show up in the UCSM arc after Venom Wars (You heard it here first ;) ) Hopefully then he can start to tap into his true potential and unleash whatever it is that makes him the apparent saviour of the UU.

I agree with the ideas of Danvers leading a science team based out of the Project Pegasus facility. I think it might be interesting if they get rid of any kind of "Fantastic" title and maybe capitalize on the recnet uproar of the Gaurdians of the Galaxy. The the book could be Ultimate Comics: Gaurdians, and have the team deal with threats involving extraterrestrial, interdimensional, time diplacement and other sci-fi related topics. The cast I would like to see would obviously be Danvers in the drivers seat, Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, Captain Mahr Vel, the Falcon, and Wendell Vaughn.

BANNED

I know this is a bit off topic but I just wanted to let everyone know: Shortly after Miles debuted, Bendis revealed that Nova would be appearing in the new series of UCSM. Sorry I can't find the link. I remember it well though. So I reckon he'll be getting an arc with Miles once Venom Wars has finished.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ-90 View Post
    My choice would be:

Ben, Sue, Johnny and Jessica.
    That's a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    hell speaking of which how about an Ultimate X-Force?
    With Colossus as the team leader? Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I agree. That whole scene with Reed's house blowing up doesn't make sense. He tried to stop his Dad from opening the door and then BOOM... everyone's dead and he's bad? Because that doesn't make sense, any writer could easily add a twist of the bad Reed from an alternate universe being the man at the door and swapping places with the good Reed. Ultimate Reed is easily one of my top 5 favorite characters of all time. Really wish I could read a monthly of him again.

Also, I agree their needs to be some sort of F4 in the Ultimate universe. We need a sci-fi title.
    it's been discussed before, but the whole idea about Reed going bad was that he was always willing to go to far to conduct his research experiments: the end would justify the means. It was a recurring theme in the FF4 series (zombieverse, opening poortals to different and very dangerous worlds), but it always ended the fantastic four pulling him back from the brink. When the FF4 disbanded there was nothing left to keep him in check. Reed Richards didn't think he aws doing anything wrong, he was trying to advance humanity by speeding up evolution.

I think there's even a page of him and sue somewhere in the doomsday trilogy explaining that, but I'm not sure where to find it.

Oh and I'm a fan of the remaining fantastic four with spider-woman. To mirror the Future foundation thing. Though i would also like like Jessica to be mIles' mentor.

Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Karen Grant