Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

also if the smasher powerset seems to stay true as is. In the 3rd issue of the avengers the current smasher used her exospec's to copy hyperion's heat vision. That is why it seemed to glow red when he used it on ex nilho. She could then use it to copy flash's speed.
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Every single time I mentioned ANYTHING on the subject, I said "not that I am aware of" or "does anyone know if she has feats yet", etc.

How does that reflect badly on me? I have never said "I'm sure" or anything else.
    though I think that you are taking an awfully strong position against someone who couched their statements specifically in indefinite terms each time precisely because he was not certain.

That isn't actually true. From your own words:

I stopped reading JL and WW a couple of months ago, but up to that point, WW didn't really have any speed to speak of, hadn't shown strength beyond, I dunno, class 5? Class 10? She hasn't lifted buildings or knocked them down, she hasn't even thrown busses or anything. She's a skilled combatant with some groovy weapons. She also had not shown flight that I recall (and GL specifically carried her a couple of times when he was also carrying Bats and Flash)

For Wondy, well, Spidey would need a really good one-shot snipe kill (well within his current prep feats) to have the slightest shot against post-crisis Diana. However, against nU WW? I'm not sure that he'd need prep. I have not read her own book, but in JL she's shown no superhuman speed at all, no flight (Hal had to carry her to one engagement) and nothing resembling class 100 strength. She'll never hit him and he'll pound on her until she dies.

Bear in mind, she displayed the above feat in an issue which you claim to have read, if you were reading JLA up to that point.

But that isn't really the issue here. The issue is that you are ignoring other peoples' posts. Down to multiple posts which you quote, and you are either not bothering to read them all the way or pretending you didn't. That is disrespectful. And you then go on to make the same claims. I could frankly pluck more examples of you doing this across various threads, but the point is the same: the practice is at best disrespectful, and at worst disrespectful and disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    also if the smasher powerset seems to stay true as is. In the 3rd issue of the avengers the current smasher used her exospec's to copy hyperion's heat vision. That is why it seemed to glow red when he used it on ex nilho. She could then use it to copy flash's speed.
    How is she doing that before she gets blitzed into paste?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I think that the universal energies were literally just terrified to go near his muscles.
    Dude, have you seen that gun show? Who would not be in awe?

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That isn't actually true. From your own words:

I stopped reading JL and WW a couple of months ago, but up to that point, WW didn't really have any speed to speak of, hadn't shown strength beyond, I dunno, class 5? Class 10? She hasn't lifted buildings or knocked them down, she hasn't even thrown busses or anything. She's a skilled combatant with some groovy weapons. She also had not shown flight that I recall (and GL specifically carried her a couple of times when he was also carrying Bats and Flash)

For Wondy, well, Spidey would need a really good one-shot snipe kill (well within his current prep feats) to have the slightest shot against post-crisis Diana. However, against nU WW? I'm not sure that he'd need prep. I have not read her own book, but in JL she's shown no superhuman speed at all, no flight (Hal had to carry her to one engagement) and nothing resembling class 100 strength. She'll never hit him and he'll pound on her until she dies.

Bear in mind, she displayed the above feat in an issue which you claim to have read, if you were reading JLA up to that point.

But that isn't really the issue here. The issue is that you are ignoring other peoples' posts. Down to multiple posts which you quote, and you are either not bothering to read them all the way or pretending you didn't. That is disrespectful. And you then go on to make the same claims. I could frankly pluck more examples of you doing this across various threads, but the point is the same: the practice is at best disrespectful, and at worst disrespectful and disingenuous.
    Well, if you want to argue the second thing you quoted me on above, please, let's argue it. (EDIT: Sorry - misread the quote) Has NuWW shown anything approaching class 100 strength? She had not in the first 9 issues. Has she even shown class 10 strength? Not really, not in the first 9 issues. Had she done ANYTHING that would even make her a match for Spider-Man, which was the question in the thread you cite? No, she hadn't, and even the bullet-blocking feat, the ONE speed feat she has, isn't enough to put her on Pete's level, and ignores his massive advantage with webbing and precog. Spidey wins based on WW's status at that time. Maybe by now, she's exploded (like Clark did), but nobody has posted anything suggesting that. Note, before you accuse me of starting board memes - I'm not saying that she HASN'T, I'm just saying that I have not seen it and that nobody has definitely shown it.

I admit it, I'm not perfect. Woe is me! I missed/forgot about/blocked out one page in one issue of one fairly pedestrian and uninteresting-enough-to-me-that-I dropped-it-and-admitted-so-in-dozens-of-threads series. Backing up on this, despite the number of times you claimed the feat, you never identified the issue. You have now done so, I have accepted it - in (virtual) print! What else do you want? You just want to call me disrespectful. Disingenuous? You can do that. I'm sure that I'm often one of those things and even sometimes both of those things. But I'm actually pretty fair on this board.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 01-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Dude, have you seen that gun show? Who would not be in awe?
    Just read Avengers 4 - it honestly looks like they are trying to show that Hyperion flew up between the planets and then held them apart with his hands. Frame one, he's between two moving planets. Frame 2, he's making a Frodo face crossed with bug-eyed Quaid from the old Total Recall, with his arms spread wide. They mention that the worlds and universe collapse on him anyway.

It looks like they are bringing back the Sentry. :-) What is it, 2 years, until Marvel's summer fuckpocalypse is AllyourbaseisbelongtoHyperion?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I like this picture because it looks like Wonder Woman just randomly sprouted several somewhat transparent arms from her armpits.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Well, if you want to argue the second thing you quoted me on above, please, let's argue it. (EDIT: Sorry - misread the quote) Has NuWW shown anything approaching class 100 strength? She had not in the first 9 issues. Has she even shown class 10 strength? Not really, not in the first 9 issues. Had she done ANYTHING that would even make her a match for Spider-Man, which was the question in the thread you cite? No, she hadn't, and even the bullet-blocking feat, the ONE speed feat she has, isn't enough to put her on Pete's level, and ignores his massive advantage with webbing and precog. Spidey wins based on WW's status at that time. Maybe by now, she's exploded (like Clark did), but nobody has posted anything suggesting that. Note, before you accuse me of starting board memes - I'm not saying that she HASN'T, I'm just saying that I have not seen it and that nobody has definitely shown it.

I admit it, I'm not perfect. Woe is me! I missed/forgot about/blocked out one page in one issue of one fairly pedestrian and uninteresting-enough-to-me-that-I dropped-it-and-admitted-so-in-dozens-of-threads series. Backing up on this, despite the number of times you claimed the feat, you never identified the issue. You have now done so, I have accepted it - in (virtual) print! What else do you want? You just want to call me disrespectful. Disingenuous? You can do that. I'm sure that I'm often one of those things and even sometimes both of those things. But I'm actually pretty fair on this board.
    Like I said, her strength feats are punching people really hard. There not enough to even be class 80 with certainty, but should be enough to utterly wreck spider-man. Both were in Jla after issue 9.

edit-
    -superman says he felt it. her punches shock wave flipped a few cars, cratered up the street, and sent superman flyin
    -aquaman got punched far and through a huge ship.
    Last edited by Thanos Classic; 01-31-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

so according to feats,can wonderwoman nuDC defeat hyperion?
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    so according to feats,can wonderwoman nuDC defeat hyperion?
    From the feats I've heard she probably couldn't take on most versions of Hype, especially this latest "planets move away from me in sheer awe of my flexing" version.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    Like I said, her strength feats are punching people really hard. There not enough to even be class 80 with certainty, but should be enough to utterly wreck spider-man. Both were in Jla after issue 9.

edit-
    -superman says he felt it. her punches shock wave flipped a few cars, cratered up the street, and sent superman flyin
    -aquaman got punched far and through a huge ship.
    Sounds quite fair to me, thanks.

She needs more feats, but she'll get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    From the feats I've heard she probably couldn't take on most versions of Hype, especially this latest "planets move away from me in sheer awe of my flexing" version.
    I think we get a classic Rumbles "It ends in..." ending there.

Just read Avengers 4 - it honestly looks like they are trying to show that Hyperion flew up between the planets and then held them apart with his hands. Frame one, he's between two moving planets. Frame 2, he's making a Frodo face crossed with bug-eyed Quaid from the old Total Recall, with his arms spread wide. They mention that the worlds and universe collapse on him anyway.

It looks like they are bringing back the Sentry. :-) What is it, 2 years, until Marvel's summer fuckpocalypse is AllyourbaseisbelongtoHyperion?
    Like I say, the planet thing I don't really have a problem with. The worlds are held apart, so clearly he was holding them apart. The universe thing though... yeah.

Sounds quite fair to me, thanks.

She needs more feats, but she'll get them.
    Eh, being real, I'm not about to go "well clearly Wonder Woman is thus anywhere as strong as a dude who benched the weight of a planet" based on that. Or anywhere near. Or anything even resembling a class 100 brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The universe thing though... yeah.
    Totally agree - dude getting hurt by Hulk != dude taking double universe ending on the chin and just getting depressed.

And as for Wondy, well, I'm with you - I'm not handwaving class 100 anything to her based on the feats she has. It's more likely that Clark just doesn't have durability commensurate with his strength yet (given the things that have affected him so far being WELL below "planet-lifting"), or that one or the other is massive SMvFL. We'll see. Comics.