Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Marvel winners:

Captain Marvel ices NuDC WW, trivially. She's faster, stronger, tougher, has a better range game, etc.
    Really? How fast is carol?

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Really? How fast is carol?
    She's at least CBPH or faster, but I was mostly talking movement speed - she flies at multimach speeds. NuDC WW hasn't shown any speed at all, that I am aware of, and therefore, Carol is faster.

BTW, Captain Universe turned out to be a plot device in the first arc. We'll still need more feats long-term.

as of the most recent Avengers issue detailing Hyperion's life in the other universe. He was shown actually having a computer like brain,super sight,super hearing,and strong enough to hold back to planets from crashing into each other and durable enough to have survived the destruction of a universe. Managed to live in nonthingness without a sun to sustain him.
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She's at least CBPH or faster, but I was mostly talking movement speed - she flies at multimach speeds. NuDC WW hasn't shown any speed at all, that I am aware of, and therefore, Carol is faster..
    OK, this is like the fifth time I have called you on this. Diana was easily deflecting machine gun fire. No, it isn't "significant fraction of light," but it isn't "Hasn't shown any speed at all." STOP SAYING THAT. They also just had a JLA arc with Cheetah. Diana probably picked up something or another there for speed.

Anyway, so, is the above about Hyperion true? We got scans or anything? Issue number?

Avengers 4, if you want to go all LeVar Burton on this mother.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8...004zone013.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1...004zone014.jpg

It's.. kinda funky in that I couldn't tell you how he's holding the worlds apart by floating inbetween them and screaming and holding his arms out, and yet they're not colliding so he's doing /something/, but the universe does totally end on the next page. Though I'm fairly certain the intent is not that he's like... immune to anything short of universal destruction, because there is straight up no way they are going to be portraying him anything like that at all in future issues. They weren't portraying him like that in the issue before, where shots from the Hulk could hurt him.

All that other shit about being a genius with funky vision is also so, but it's spread out across several pages and I can't thereby decide on scan 3.

Anything for speed? Or is the end result the same here?

Nothing for speed especially that stood out to me.

Hyperion should win since he apparently has the power to hold planets apart by flexing and screaming. You just can't counter that without some major flexing powers of your own.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I have a new image of Hyperion as one of those guys really, really obsessed with working out.

Perhaps their sun was bigger/closer to their earth than Earth-616. Either way I'd say he rivals Superman in most all catergories except possibly speed since no speed feats shown yet. Definitely makes this match alot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Knight View Post
    Perhaps their sun was bigger/closer to their earth than Earth-616. Either way I'd say he rivals Superman in most all catergories except possibly speed since no speed feats shown yet. Definitely makes this match alot more interesting.

So basically sentry vs hollywood all over again...

Superman slowly tears hyperion apart and there is not a damn thing he can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
    So basically sentry vs hollywood all over again...

Superman slowly tears hyperion apart and there is not a damn thing he can do about it?
    Doesn't seem especially slow if Hulk is hurting the guy.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    OK, this is like the fifth time I have called you on this. Diana was easily deflecting machine gun fire. No, it isn't "significant fraction of light," but it isn't "Hasn't shown any speed at all." STOP SAYING THAT. They also just had a JLA arc with Cheetah. Diana probably picked up something or another there for speed.

Anyway, so, is the above about Hyperion true? We got scans or anything? Issue number?
    It sounds like you read ww. If so, whee would you place her durability and strength? The JLA book doesn't make it easy to place. She can make Superman feel it while doing property damage, make Aquaman around water feel it, make Darkseid feel it, etc. She's got so much feeling but so little lift or non combat feats. Maybe I am forgetting something though. It seems implied she's a powerful class 100, but feat wise I'm not sure one could put her above 80 or 90 off jus the "feeling." Also, if you sort of ignore who she is punching and just go off the punch itself, she'd be even lower than class 80.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

No, you have NOT called me on this even once, much less 5 times. I have REPEATEDLY asked for speed feats for NuWW, in multiple threads, since everyone seems to handwave her OldWW speed, and nobody has posted anything. I ALWAYS say things like "I haven't read the last several issues" or "that I am aware of."

No reason to get al attacky on me. If you've got a scan or even a page number, that'd be great. Also, I will confess that I'm leery on her using the bracelets to block stuff being equivalent to her having X speed, since the bracelets have the specific power to block stuff. Again, I'm not saying "there's no f-ing chance!" - I'm saying that her having magic bracelets with the specific power to block attacks kind of mitigates the "let's give her super speed because she used her bracelets to block attacks" thing. Doesn't it?

AFAIK, she's not run anywhere at superspeed, she doesn't have the "blur of motion as she does several things in one panel" feats, she's not helped Supes or Flash do stuff at obvious super speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I have a new image of Hyperion as one of those guys really, really obsessed with working out.
    Hyperion does crazy squats.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais