Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default pumped for vibe?

is there anyone else looking forward to the return of vibe? cuz i loved him and i feel like i am the only one who is

I added it to my pull list shortly after it was announced. I'm very interested in seeing what they do with the character. Unlike many I actually enjoyed the JL Detroit.

D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

I'm very excited about Vibe. I've always felt the character had a ton of untapped potential and I really like the dimensional patrolman concept Geoff Johns has cooked up for him. Kreisberg's writing on TV's "Arrow" has been very strong, fast-paced, fun and action-packed so I'm eager to see his work on this series. Plus, we're getting Pete Woods on art who is always excellent.

Can't wait to read this book!

I'll check it out, but it would have to be very surprising. I don't care for the character, the set up does nothing for me, and I have universally negative things to say about the writer.

It's probably the least anticipated book not just of this wave, but that DC has put out since they started the New 52.

Hope it is successful, for the sake of others, though! And like I said, I'll give it that first issue.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

That's right.

He was an awful awful character.

That's why they killef off him.

Because he was an awful awful character.

A very lame character.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

I think this book won't last very long unless they make him into an inner city anti-hero, and DC just can't seem to get this archetype right. This wasn't the strongest character to bring back. If they were looking for a Hispanic, they should have gone with Gangbuster, or Yolanda Martinez (is this right) as Wildcat.

And why was Cosmic Boy in that panel above? What issue was that?
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    I think this book won't last very long unless they make him into an inner city anti-hero, and DC just can't seem to get this archetype right. This wasn't the strongest character to bring back. If they were looking for a Hispanic, they should have gone with Gangbuster, or Yolanda Martinez (is this right) as Wildcat.

It's from Legends. Cosmic Boy was back in time for a brief period due to the events of his own mini series at the time.

I suspect a number of things went into the launch of vibe, by the way; he's featured in a big book where he'll be Johns' pet project, he's hispanic, and frankly I strongly suspect he's gay.

Of all the gamble superhero characters to launch, I can see why they launched this one. But yeah, I don't see any way it'll survive, really.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

This is pretty much the only book from the JLA launch that I'm feeling meh on. Katanna should be good under Nocenti and a better fit than Green Arrow. Matt Kindt is doing Martian Manhunter's co-feature. Lemire should be the saving grace for Green Arrow.

i'm not exactly 'pumped' for Vibe but i am pretty curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    It's from Legends. Cosmic Boy was back in time for a brief period due to the events of his own mini series at the time.

I suspect a number of things went into the launch of vibe, by the way; he's featured in a big book where he'll be Johns' pet project, he's hispanic, and frankly I strongly suspect he's gay.

Of all the gamble superhero characters to launch, I can see why they launched this one. But yeah, I don't see any way it'll survive, really.
    Forget when, but I could've sworn someone either here or on Bleeding Cool posted about a tweet from Kreisberg or Woods indicating Vibe is not gay. (This was quite a few months ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post

I'm not Latino, but I can't imagine either DC or Marvel going out of their way to introduce a brand new Latino superhero who's associated with gangs nowadays.

And it's Yolanda Montez (IIRC). Beyond that, James Robinson has all the Earth 2 heroes under one roof right now. No Earth 2 spinoff solo books (yet)--well, unless you count Worlds' Finest (which is set on Prime Earth).

Veteran Member

I'm excited for the potential of the character, Pete Woods' art and Johns' involvement.

My only problem here is Kreisberg, he better deliver a better work here than in his previous comic assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I'm not Latino, but I can't imagine either DC or Marvel going out of their way to introduce a brand new Latino superhero who's associated with gangs nowadays.

And it's Yolanda Montez (IIRC). Beyond that, James Robinson has all the Earth 2 heroes under one roof right now. No Earth 2 spinoff solo books (yet)--well, unless you count Worlds' Finest (which is set on Prime Earth).
    Gangbuster has about as much to do with gangs as Vibe, even less.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Oh heck yes, this was the most pumped I've ever been for a book. I was shaking when this was first announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    That's right.

He was an awful awful character.

That's why they killef off him.

Because he was an awful awful character.

A very lame character.
    There are no lame characters, just poor writers who make them lame.
    I mean, look at Jason Todd.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde