Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    Jackraow21 learned parenting from Cable comics. He's raising a fighter, not a 'reader'.
    She can take apart a Sig Sauer P239 in under a minute, knows what types of plants and berries are safe to eat in the woods, and can counter or escape a multitude of combat holds; but we're still working on the reading thing.

At five they can read and spell basic words, but as someone else pointed out they do still love being read to...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thebozo View Post
    Scarlet Witch should definetly be there...
    No way. These women would tear her to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    No way. These women would tear her to shreds.
    Hmmm, I think that could be debatables...

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    It came from a arc of ultimate x-men, drawn by david finch where wolverine just returned to the x-men recently, jean had reason to be mad, as wolvy had just tried to kill cyclops, but still, if there is one thing a person should have to themselves and shouldnt have to live in fear of loosing its there mind and there own personal thoughts, the scene and jeans threats just left a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

and the worst thing is, people freaking cant control there every thought and impulse, ideas appear in our minds, and they cant just forget them automaticaly even if we want too.

and so rachel tars a man skin....... effectivly burning 90% of his body, over a thought that displeased her, see NOT the actions of a hero, the actions of a overpowered sadistic god tripping B###h

"if a man is considered guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me electric chair for all my future crimes"

Prince

here's an idea: Hepzivah!! great character, underused
    some new mutants or new x-men maybe?? come on: DUST!! that would also bring topics of religions, other points of view and the role of women in society!
    how about Domino? that would be cool too!
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    some new mutants or new x-men maybe?? come on: DUST!! that would also bring topics of religions, other points of view and the role of women in society!
    Dust is an offensive racial parody, and isn't this team about friends?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I'm kind of hating that Marvel has killed off it's iconically feminist male characters like Banshee, Nightcrawler, Angel, Bedlam, Synch etc in lieu of the greasy macho likes of Bradley Cooperclops and Scott Caanverine. I wouldn't mind seeing the aforementioned around these days, giving props to the x-females like they used to.
    Love it.
    I agree there is definitely too much testosterone in most of the lead male characters today. Even Magneto has lost some complexity to his character since Claremont left the first time around. Carey came the closest to recapturing the nuances. I suppose Beast still qualifies as a sensitive male type, though less so these days than when he appeared in X-Factor under Simonson. Memory fails as to when he came out as "gay" as an act of gaining attention from Trish Tilby. Would some of these overly masculine men pull a stunt like that? Granted that example is a bit extreme, it did fit with the direction Beast's character was headed at the time.
    I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that not only were the women strong and empowered and the real stars of Claremont's run on Uncanny, the men too were wonderfully complex and flawed. Muscle bound men like Beast and Colossus were artistic and sensitive, often downplaying their physical strength with their emotional strength.

I'm feeling the love for Hepzibah. She and Storm shared a very lovely moment under Brubaker. :) I could live with Domino too.
    Last edited by BBeeryan; 01-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Use_R_Name View Post
    Love it.
    I agree there is definitely too much testosterone in most of the lead male characters today. Even Magneto has lost some complexity to his character since Claremont left the first time around. Carey came the closest to recapturing the nuances. I suppose Beast still qualifies as a sensitive male type, though less so these days than when he appeared in X-Factor under Simonson. Memory fails as to when he came out as "gay" as an act of gaining attention from Trish Tilby. Would some of these overly masculine men pull a stunt like that? Granted that example is a bit extreme, it did fit with the direction Beast's character was headed at the time.
    I'm rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that not only were the women strong and empowered and the real stars of Claremont's run on Uncanny, the men too were wonderfully complex and flawed. Muscle bound men like Beast and Colossus were artistic and sensitive, often downplaying their physical strength with their emotional strength.
    Great post! Honestly, Gambit is probably the last of that type of X-male, so it's nice that his series showcases that. Asmus is doing the character a lot of favors. The last that we've seen of the thoughtful, poetic, yet strong Colossus persona was in Whedon's Astonishing. What I've read of Forge since he's been back is pretty two dimensional and plays to suit. Astonishing really is the closest thing we have currently to a team of complex, compassionate, non cheesecake X-males, but that book isn't exactly garnering praises from the masses the way this book is. In fact, it's been a complaint by many people that the men are "too soft". which is malarky.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Dust, absolutely NOT.

And Domino has her own book. What, everyone gets a double dip?

lol at Gambit being feminist.

Dust would be extremely unwise. It's canon that if Jubilee is allowed in proximity of Dust, the latter will shed her burqua and be irreversibly assimilated into western cultural norms.

Edit: never mind. I like Storms costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    Dust would be extremely unwise. It's canon that if Jubilee is allowed in proximity of Dust, the latter will shed her burqua and be irreversibly assimilated into western cultural norms.
    It would be far more interesting if the reverse happened though.

Love love love that Coipel cover! So pretty. They all look pretty badass too. I really like Psylocke's costume, although I'm not sure why, in a book that is supposedly empowering for women, she's got to have her legs straddling a sword.

Great cast too, but I'd like at least ONE youngster to be there. Blindfold? Armor? Surge? They'd be cool.