Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

I was underwhelmed. If I had to pinpoint why, it was that I was expecting more risks with the art. Usually when an artist takes the helm of a whole book you see them break loose a little. Francis Manapul's Flash is a good recent example.

I’m not a huge fan of Wolverine, thinking that he’s way too much over-exposed, but decided to give it a try, as I do with most of the new Marvel Now! titles. I was somewhat surprised that I actually liked it, and that I even might continue buying this title. It kind of got me thinking of the Lost series, but that’s OK. It was a nice story, making me want to read more, and I also loved the art!
    I was kind of surprised that it (according to Comixology), had a 12+ age limit. Is a comic where we see heads being chopped off, suitable for a kid at 12?
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of Wolverine, thinking that he’s way too much over-exposed, but decided to give it a try, as I do with most of the new Marvel Now! titles. I was somewhat surprised that I actually liked it, and that I even might continue buying this title. It kind of got me thinking of the Lost series, but that’s OK. It was a nice story, making me want to read more, and I also loved the art!
    I was kind of surprised that it (according to Comixology), had a 12+ age limit. Is a comic where we see heads being chopped off, suitable for a kid at 12?
    Totally had Lost vibes especially with that raft!
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 01-17-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    she has a great Set but she also looks fit, strong, savage and BADASS

Is her vagina showing in the black and white version?
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    I think it might be. Looks like the colourist (assuming it was them) covered it up.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

I'm only reading this because I thought I read that Amadeus Cho was gonna be in it. Or was everybody only referring to the writer/artist?

Evil colorist!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man12 View Post
    I'm only reading this because I thought I read that Amadeus Cho was gonna be in it. Or was everybody only referring to the writer/artist?
    I think I remember reading he'll be in it, he'll probably show up soon. This was only the first issue!
    Show Teddy some love!
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I think I remember reading he'll be in it, he'll probably show up soon. This was only the first issue!
    I know it's only the first issue, I'm just saying Cho's my only reason I decided to try this title instead of just getting regular Wolverine and wasn't sure if I misread the news about the book :)

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    That's what I said!
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    That's what I said!
    Looks like a shadow to me.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I wasn't sure if to pick it up or not. I'm a big Wolverine fan, but I haven't really enjoyed him recently and usually find his solos boring (I just prefer him on X-teams than solo). But I decided to give this a go, and I really liked it! It was actually my favourite comic of the week (and I loved Daredevil!). Really fun book with brilliant art! And I actually enjoyed Wolverine in it (which normally only happens in older Claremont UXM issues for me).
    I g7

Might pick this up in trade - it'd be nice to try and forget the government lackey/traitor they've turned Wolverine into and read about the character as he used to be.

This should be on Avengers forum.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Looks like a shadow to me.
    Sure about that?

Frank Cho has a fascination with female anatomy.

He doesn't hesitate in depicting it as graphically as possible.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man12 View Post
    I know it's only the first issue, I'm just saying Cho's my only reason I decided to try this title instead of just getting regular Wolverine and wasn't sure if I misread the news about the book :)
    From an interview about the book

Amadeus is our third main character. He's a fun character to use because I needed someone really smart to tackle the mystery of the island. I couldn't use any of the other famous Marvel geniuses like Reed Richards or Tony Stark, and Amadeus is the seventh smartest person in the Marvel Universe, technically. He's also a clean slate in a lot of ways, and he's a smart ass," Cho stated. "He's kind of like the movie Tony Stark in this story, a Robert Downey Jr. character. He's even got his own armor, a special three-piece Vindicator-style suit, which has an artificial intelligence. The A.I.'s name is Calvin, as in Calvin Klein. There's a fun dynamic between him and Calvin where they're going back and forth, just arguing about things as Amadeus explores this island.

Quote Originally Posted by x-men_always_win View Post
    This should be on Avengers forum.
    Nah, this is proper Wolverine Just as long as the Avengers keep out of this series it's all good!
    Show Teddy some love!
    MY ART