Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I hear you. You make a good point, but I think you also make mine. Once you say universes being destroyed, I mean, the battle lines are drawn... we have to save the universe. Let's do it. And that's it. Not much more needs to be said. (This is a comic.) Explaining the mechanisms and speculating about the mechanisms of multi-universal destruction isn't that interesting to me, for a variety of reasons. But I thought that some of the time spent emphasizing that could've been better spent on characterization. I like Hickman, but Avengers and New Avengers are a bit overwrought and overdramatic. I don't know why, but they are. Avengers I could take, but New Avengers so fair hasn't really gotten off the ground.
    Hickman is serious in the way he writes. There are no humorous banters around the table anymore, just get to business and show the threat and fight it. It's interesting how Marvel have split that up with KSD and her AA doing the humor, so that Hickman just does the serious stuff. It's like Bendis has left a legacy that has to be taken up by others, but they do it as separate books now. I remember Avengers being this serious in the early days. Very clipped and straight into the action. Maybe that's what Hickman is trying to get back too?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    A logical assumption. However, with the powers at the beck and call of the Illuminati combined, this should not be a problem. Not only are they assembling the gauntlet, but Reed has his son, who can do miracles.
    Remember that FF storyline with the future Franky and Val stopping some inevitable Event and Franky did it? I wonder why Frank and Val didn't stop this one?

But, IMHO, the easiest solution is the most elegant: MOVING THE EARTH. With the time and space gems, they can simply move the earth to another position in the Universe, at the moment when the cascade begins, and the problem won't present itself, IF the problem comes from the Earth's occupying the same time and space.

Simple. Move the Earth to the limit of the Universe, or send it into the Negative Zone.

Alas... the big bad of the story probably has his wicked tricks up his sleeve, so it will obviously not be that easy.
    I suspect that the Earth is the focus of the Event, no matter where it's located in the universe or another dimension like the Negative Zone. And think of the people on Earth, what removal from Sol will do to them.

Yep. Seems to me, there's a powerful entity, perhaps created in the event that started the reaction, on that distant Earth, speeding things up, since it wants to destroy the Multiverse. ( not Omniverse. That's not how hypertime works. It can't touch DC or any other ultra-distant Multiversal bubble)
    Funny how the Omniverse isn't being affected, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    how would Peter object, after making a deal with Mephisto?
    Because Peter deludes himself that what he did with Mephisto was honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    You could tell this book was the second half of a giant size issue. I think this is a very foreboding and amazing start. I am liking this book a lot. I'm eager to see how it plays out.
    Do you think that page with 5-6 panels of Reed's face that was repeated in 1 and 2 was planned to appear twice in the giant sized issue?

Loved the issue, although now that Black Panther has made his decree, the part of me that remains a Namor fan is now worried. I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman had T'Challa live up to his promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    You could tell this book was the second half of a giant size issue. I think this is a very foreboding and amazing start. I am liking this book a lot. I'm eager to see how it plays out.
    Literally every Marvel Now first issue felt like it was meant for a double sized Giant #1 issue, I sort of think that was the original plan releasing the #1s as such but they changed their minds and just released the books in normal size. Which would explain why some of the books double shipped so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    What happened in the Ultraverse story mentioned?? Who was invovlved from 616?
    Avengers and Ultraforce

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	au-01-00.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	107403

Hi guys,

just a (not-so) silly question: I saw a single panel on Comic Vine showing Cap leading the Illlum... er, the New Avengers in his classic outfit (yeah! ... by Epting, triple yeah! ) instead of the horrible NOW! new look he has in Avengers, Uncanny and (partially) his own book: can you confirm? I was hoping so since this appears to be a less-action, more 'conceptual' book and maybe he didn't need that sh***y armor...
    Last edited by CAP.IT; 01-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAP.IT View Post
    Hi guys,

just a (not-so) silly question: I saw a single panel on Comic Vine showing Cap leading the Illlum... er, the New Avengers in his classic outfit (yeah! ... by Epting, triple yeah! ) instead of the horrible NOW! new look he has in Avengers, Uncanny and (partially) his own book: can you confirm? I was hoping that since this appears to be a less-action, more 'conceptual' book and maybe he didn't need that sh***y armor...
    Maybe this is earlier than those books?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I liked that Cap was an idealistic fool in this issue. It's how he should be written, as opposed to the Commandant America we had to put up with during AvX.
    I'm not sure I'd call him a fool for not wanting to destroy a planet...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I like this book more than Avengers and Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call him a fool for not wanting to destroy a planet...
    Yeah, at THIS point I think people are being a bit too overly critical for Cap about not wanting to destroy another world.

He came up with a seemingly viable alternative that's at least worth a shot. People are calling him naive or idealistic, but if he's coming up with an alternate plan (a plan they all seem to agree is at least worth trying), then I don't see how he can be described as either. At least not yet.

To me, the moral of the story is that killing billions of lifes to save the universe shouldn't necessarily be plan A. You may have to to do it, but it's not necessarily a bad idea to at least try and come up with an alternative before killing that many people. At least TRY if you can.

Rather than being critical of Cap, I honestly think on some level you should be more critical of the others for not thinking of trying to use the Infinity gems first.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Hickman is serious in the way he writes. There are no humorous banters around the table anymore, just get to business and show the threat and fight it. It's interesting how Marvel have split that up with KSD and her AA doing the humor, so that Hickman just does the serious stuff. It's like Bendis has left a legacy that has to be taken up by others, but they do it as separate books now. I remember Avengers being this serious in the early days. Very clipped and straight into the action. Maybe that's what Hickman is trying to get back too?
    There is humor in Hickman's Avengers as well. Thor has a pretty funny moment in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CAP.IT View Post
    Hi guys,

just a (not-so) silly question: I saw a single panel on Comic Vine showing Cap leading the Illlum... er, the New Avengers in his classic outfit (yeah! ... by Epting, triple yeah! ) instead of the horrible NOW! new look he has in Avengers, Uncanny and (partially) his own book: can you confirm? I was hoping that since this appears to be a less-action, more 'conceptual' book and maybe he didn't need that sh***y armor...
    My understanding is New Avengers and the Illuminati meeting happens BEFORE Cap gets the new armor.

why is black bolt called the midnight king?
    Last edited by upmiddowntown; 01-19-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Do you think that page with 5-6 panels of Reed's face that was repeated in 1 and 2 was planned to appear twice in the giant sized issue?
    No, I don't think so. It was added, in part, to pad out the first issue, as it was light on pages of art.

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    why is black bolt called the midnight king?
    AFAIK, that's an addition of Hickman's from his FF run, when he created the Universal Inhumans, resurrected Black Bolt and loaded him down with prophecy and five wives.