Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    have we all graduated to referring to Dan and Andy as a single person now?

I guess that would be true-to-reality enough, considering I don't think either's had a run individually in about fifteen years.
    DnA is sort of like Firestorm or Doctor Voodoo. It's sometimes easy to forget they're not a single entity.

I probably only remember due to having read some of Abnett's novels and thus having some notion of him as distinct from Lanning.

But anyhow,
    I wonder if Reed ever makes himself taller at meetings, for more effective public speaking persona.

NEW AVENGERS #4
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • STEVE EPTING (A)
    “WORLD EATER”
    • The Illuminati have learned that Earth is the center point for the death of the Universe.
    • If this is true, doesn’t that mean destroying it might save everything else?
    • Enter the world eater, Galactus.
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99
    Galactus is indeed going to show up. Also this solicitation actually answers the Black Swan question.

I probably only remember due to having read some of Abnett's novels and thus having some notion of him as distinct from Lanning.

But anyhow,
    I wonder if Reed ever makes himself taller at meetings, for more effective public speaking persona.
    I have read Abnett's Warhammer 40k novels, so I don't view them as a single entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I feel they get a bit cheapened if they show up for every other thing. If they only appear for the seriously big stuff, you know shit is going down. Otherwise you get something of a Worf Effect.
    Well "sh!#" is definitely "going down" in NA dat is soooo immensely grandiose omniversally dat it justifies all those gr8 pwrful meta-cosmic entities showin' up in NA bcuz dey fit perfectly in2 d plot & premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I have read Abnett's Warhammer 40k novels, so I don't view them as a single entity.
    Dan Abnett's Warhammer 40,000 work is legendary.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Love how Panther is portrayed. His standing in the MU has risen in the past few years and organically I might add. Post-Hudlin (ugh) he's no longer the black dude no one knows what to do with. High B-lister fast approaching A-list for sure. The BP-Namor throwdown should be epic. And why hasn't anyone in the group called out Namor yet?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongGuy View Post
    Love how Panther is portrayed. His standing in the MU has risen in the past few years and organically I might add. Post-Hudlin (ugh) he's no longer the black dude no one knows what to do with. High B-lister fast approaching A-list for sure. The BP-Namor throwdown should be epic. And why hasn't anyone in the group called out Namor yet?
    I'm pretty sure that's what Panther did in their little tete a tete. The rest of them know better and would like to get on with the saving of the multi-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Absolutely loved this issue. As I said in the other thread I'm pretty sure they are going to wipe Steve's mind which will tie into his "bad dream" from Avengers #1.
    That's a really good theory actually, and ties into what Hickman said about their only being one Illuminati on the main Avengers book. So I guess these 8 hours would be set before Avengers #1. It does make Tony seem like an even huger douche than usual though when they were acting so cool to each other at first.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Our/SZ only disappointment with JH's NA so far is....whr d hek r BP/Tchalla's energy daggers?

Dey do not h d b md of vibranium but perhaps shadow particles or sum othr meta-fysix stuff....d claws r 4 short & close combat situations while d energy daggers reaaally boosts BP/Tchalla long range combatability.

I could buy the Pantheons not doing anything about it, maybe, considering how many of them spend all of their time just kickin' it in their pocket dimensions/realms.

But I guess it's true that the Tribunal at least should have noticed something.
    Gd point....b d way, isnt der a council of Watchers each frm different alternate worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Our/SZ only disappointment with JH's NA so far is....whr d hek r BP/Tchalla's energy daggers?

Dey do not h d b md of vibranium but perhaps shadow particles or sum othr meta-fysix stuff....d claws r 4 short & close combat situations while d energy daggers reaaally boosts BP/Tchalla long range combatability.

Gd point....b d way, isnt der a council of Watchers each frm different alternate worlds?
    I'm not sure he's really used the Energy Daggers in a long long time. Hudlin I think only had him use them once in the Skrull arc, and I think he used them once in X-Men Worlds Apart. Mostly they were just a part of his tool kit in Priests run, and Geoffs Avengers.

Personally, I liked them too. They were used in the cartoon, so hopefully they bring them back.

Good issue. Cant wait for a Doctor Strange solo adventure or a character spotlight that takes up most of the book..to see if anyone gripes about it like the BP intro.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Boring. If you are into boring stuff then this is good for you. Its some intelligent writing but boring.
    This is the team where Peter Parker should have been a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Good issue. Cant wait for a Doctor Strange solo adventure or a character spotlight that takes up most of the book..to see if anyone gripes about it like the BP intro.
    Of course, completely miss the point most people were making / griping about. The only equivalent comparison would be if New Avengers were canceled, and the FIRST issue of the reboot was completely Dr. Strange centric / spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    No way could Parker role with this crew. He'd be wildly out of his league. Dude is a great superhero but he's not the type to make these kind of decisions.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!