Default Archer & Armstrong #6 Discussion

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber, you go and do something like this...and totally redeem yourself!

I made no bones about not loving the last issue, but this one rocked so hard!

First of all, damn can Emanuela draw women...Love that last page!

Second, loved the pacing of the issue, which despite not featuring the title characters until practically the end, was perfectly done. The narration between Kay and the Earth was brilliant, and while it initially caught me off guard, so was the "face to face" meeting.

This issue manages to completely set up Kay, the Geomancers, Elyot Zorn and the big confrontation coming between the two sides (Next: Four Against None!). Great issue.

Manga, if you are out there, give this one a shot and see what you think. I think you might like it, or at the very least it may intrigue you enough to finish out the arc.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Also it was hilarious. The plant? Darjeeling?
    The Circumstances at the End

Top 10: Astro City, Captain America, East of West, Hawkeye, Lazarus, New Avengers, Saga, Thor: God of Thunder, Wonder Woman, Zero

Can't wait to read this. Flipped through it and all I can confirm is the artist for our Geomancer really works.

Such a busy night last night but tonight I'll read it!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I loved this issue. First, it took time to set up and introduce us to the new Geomancer, giving depth to the character and tying her in to Zorn, the 1%, and the Null. It also made me happy to see that she was a McHenry =). Second, Blackbeard vs. the Eternal Warrior... need I say more? And I had a good laugh at Armstrong's remarks while watching Gilad fight members of the 1%, jealousy with a touch of fear of what might happen to him once Gilad has finished fighting the other guys. All in all, a great issue. The art was fantastic, and the story was entertaining to read.

And Manga... you really should pick this one up, it's worth it.

Read it last night....twice!! GREAT issue, GREAT introduction to Kay McHenry our Geomancer. Also, nice how they are tying the Null through time along with Geomancers ala Blackbeard. What I was pleasantly pleased with is that Kay McHenry is NOT some 16/17yr old which when you see the art lends it that way, especially when the Fist and Steel are shown so much taller. Anyway, the fact that she's essentially a mid/late 20-ish woman who has become disillusioned with where her life and/or career are at is more appealing to me than the teenager trying to find their purpose trope.

After her meeting with "Mother Nature" she emerges seemingly with some knowledge of her "new" job. I'm guessing once her power was awakened so too was an instant how to guide by Monkey Nature. The art has been great on the book but Luppachino out did himself with Kay, well done sir. Upon my second perusal through the book it was the attention to detail for background items I took most note of this issue. For example, since Kay is the focus, I noted at the end what she was wearing. Are those shorts, no they are boxers...flip back. When she's in bed with Blaine(?) you can see the boxers on the end of the bed, right side. Which got me looking around and LOL her underwear was hastily discarded and is on the headboard behind her. But there are keys and a smart phone on the desktop. Items you need not draw but it makes the environment seem that much more realized.

I kept waiting for her to reveal the name of her plant but since in shock/panic she dropped the "one thing" that depended on her it became moot fast. Also does Zorn have a slight artistic similarity to Ra's Al Gul to anyone else?

Is it really 4 weeks till the next issue? VALIANT has introduced their main Geomancer in as great a manner as Faith, Flamingo and Ninjak imo!!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1