Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daredevil #22 *Spoilers*

This one was a solid little one-off featuring the all-new Superior Spider-man.

We get the usual misunderstanding then team up against a common threat. Matt and Foggy make, and Foggy reveals a secret he's been hiding.

I really dig the team of Waid/Samnee, the latter of whom I think is fairly underrated. I'm glad I didn't give this book up after the Coyote arc like I originally intended.

I can only hope that the next issue brings some exploration on who was behind Klaw in the first arc and Coyote in the previous.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

does dd realize its someone different?
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Did NOT see that ending coming. Yikes.

But overall it was another fantastic issue from Waid. I laughed out loud at the "thank God for Silt-Man" line. Spidey and DD team-ups are always cool. I think Waid did a solid job of capturing new Spidey's voice and Matt's reaction.

Another great issue. Waid nailed SSM's mannerisms and he let DD be appropriately suspicious. There's several good laugh out loud moments, too, like when DD can hear Spider-Man grinding his teeth after DD refers to Doc Ock as a "fat tub of lard."

Another very solid issue of DD, this is beginning to become a habit! Mostly a fun one-off battle, not unlike the last Stilt-Man Allred guest star issue, but it's great to see DD and SSM team-up and Samnee draws the heck out of it. That last panel tho!

The Coyote arc was kind of dull so I was considering dropping the book. Glad I didn't. Loved this issue. Waid and Samnee brought their A-game, and it shows. I was actually shocked by the last page reveal.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

This pretty good and very funny.

DD getting saved by "Stilt-man" literally cracked me up.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I'm running out of ways to praise this book, but man Waid/Samnee continue to bring the thunder with this title. Most of you mentioned some of the best bit of this issue already, and as tragic as it was, it was nice to see Waid address something set up from the first arc with that final panel.

"The die is cast!" had me in stitches, dear lord that's an excellent joke.

What I really, Really love about the books is how it managed the fight and Matt's current situation. Spock had more pages than Matt's situation, but those pages were "light" in content somehow (probably not picking hte right words) while the rest was heavier and with more of an impact. So it just felt like both stories ended up being equal, even though they didn't get the same space.
    And that ending, oh no.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Really enjoyed this. Loved the artwork. I don't usually read Daredevil, but I grabbed it for the team-up. I might have to track down the previous 21 issues now.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

The presence of the Superior Spider-Man brought this issue down a little for me but it was still great. Can't wait for the next arc, poor Foggy =(

Loved the line about picking up some bug spray and then Superior Spidey appears haha

Loved Daredevil this month as always. Waid nailed SpOck. The last panel

Stilt-Man is underrated.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

I loved when he "found the target" and the dialogue was great throughout. Not sure about the end though. Seems so random.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    does dd realize its someone different?
    He notices at first that Spidey's not his usual self personality-wise, but SpOck manages to convince him otherwise by the end. "Oh, now he brings the funny."

This was another great issue, overall.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Just Endless

You guys are nuts. This issue came across as basically a Wacker-endorsed ad for whatever Spider-man nonsense is happening right now, and the ending was as friggin-done-to-death as one could ask for. Literally the worst issue in 20+.
    Batman Inc.
    New/Uncanny/Young Avengers, Cap, Daredevil, FF, Hawkeye, Thor, Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, WatXM
    Saga, Unwritten