Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies8MyDingo View Post
    As much as I like Dan Slott's work, he's seriously gonna have to up his game to beat Avenging Spidey with Chris Yost writing it, I absolutely loved the last two issues.

Pete can stay away or make 'mind phantom' guest appearances for a few years if it all stays this good.
    I would rather see Peter's Soul/Spirit go to Hell in the hands of Mephisto who could transport it into Zombie Spider-Man, that would explain why he was remorse at destroying the zombies in Marvel Zombie: Zombies Return. Then the soul is transplanted into His counterpart on Earth-8545 who destroys the techno virus.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would rather see Peter's Soul/Spirit go to Hell in the hands of Mephisto who could transport it into Zombie Spider-Man, that would explain why he was remorse at destroying the zombies in Marvel Zombie: Zombies Return. Then the soul is transplanted into His counterpart on Earth-8545 who destroys the techno virus.
    Fun idea, but the techno-organic virus on Earth-8545 was destroyed already by the end of that arc in Exiles, thanks to good old Asgardian blood.

All the same, if Ottoman wants to avoid telepathic exposure in the future, he should just wire something into his suit that'll throw off telepathic probes and if anybody asks, he can just say, "I fight Mysterio all the time. I decided it was a good idea to put something in there that keeps his illusions from screwing with my brain. Oh, and it also works in case of enemy telepaths trying to psychically pummel me." What's anybody going to say to that, except maybe grumble to themselves, "Would have saved me trouble if I had one of those"?
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Why didn't they scan him anyways? I want Ock to die already

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Don't know why his soul would go to Mephisto.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Shhhh. It's a darthfury thing.
    Bad news everyone...

So who was that getting ninja-starred on the last page? Longtime Sinister associate Amanda "Black Womb" Mueller?
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    So who was that getting ninja-starred on the last page? Longtime Sinister associate Amanda "Black Womb" Mueller?
    Riptide.

:)

Avenging may turn out to be the better book during this Spock run. Between this and Daredevil #22, most of the interesting stuff has been how other heroes/villains have reacted to the Superior Spider-Man. Thus far it has been great.

Subject: "Superior" era of Spider-Man

To: Steve Wacker
    cc: Dan Slott
    Chris Yost
    Mark Waid

Enjoying the ride so far!

Great read. Art was very good. Reading Ock in Peter is a lot of fun. I'm not sure when this is going to get old, but it sure hasn't yet for me. Yost did a fantastic job of balancing Spock's thoughts reacting to Peter's thoughts. This can't be easy but Yost made it look so. Ock was constantly using Peter's memories throughout the entire issue whether it was referencing AVX, Bobby Drake's name and quips, or reacting to the X-Men before they themselves reacted to Spider-Man, Yost did a terrific job handling Spock. The superior lenses are cool. I'm looking forard to what they can do.

Fans who were worried about Peter's friends or associates acting oblivious to attitude changes were relieved by Wolverine this issue. After the fight he realized something was way off with Peter to the point he wanted Rachel Summers to read his mind. Yost handled Rachel not reading his mind well.

The fight was cool. I think Ock's an idiot for scracthing Wolverine like that. Not because Wolverine will kill him, cause he would and he can, but because it's not a great way to keep your cover. Not while they're fighing Ex Nihilo on Mars together. Man, Ex Nihilo is a cool character. New Avengers 2 was great today too. Hickman is off to a great start.

Sinister...Jackal... I'll be honest, i haven't read all of Avenging. I never liked the concept but with Spock on board i'm totally along for the ride.

By the way, was that a dead clone of May Parker on the ground... and was the giant spider a younger May Parker?
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

As a long-time Spidey fan, it did my heart good to see him finally deliver Wolverine a right curb stomping. Yeah, I know, he's evil; it was still nice. I always thought that if you took away his moral code, Spidey would destroy Wolvie in seconds; it's nice to have that idea illustrated.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Yeah I think that Wolverine was pissed when SPock sucker punched him...but the kid gloves were on and he didn't want to do any real damage which is why he didn't pop his claws. I think that he was taken back by the fierceness and aggressiveness of SPock's attack, because Peter Parker doesn't fight like that...and that led to Wolverine questioning whether it was the real Peter Parker or not. It was a really dumb move on SPock's part...you'd think that he would try to keep a bit of a low profile when it comes to things like that
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    As a long-time Spidey fan, it did my heart good to see him finally deliver Wolverine a right curb stomping. Yeah, I know, he's evil; it was still nice. I always thought that if you took away his moral code, Spidey would destroy Wolvie in seconds; it's nice to have that idea illustrated.
    Well it really wasn't illustrated, because if Wolverine isn't popping his claws then he's definitely holding back...as Otto said out of some "Misguided sense of friendship". Wolverine is one of the top h2h fighters in the MU. Top 5. Spider-Man's stronger and faster (but not much faster as he himself mentioned), but Wolverine's an infinitely better fighter/tactician and he's a lot more durable. If both characters are fighting at their best it should be about even. Sometimes Spider-Man would win, sometimes Wolverine would. This is Spider-Man's book. If Aaron was writing it I guarantee that it would go differently.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

I should have known Wolverine would be one of the first to learn that Spidey isn't acting himself.

I hope Slott picks this up in Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Really...did you not read OMD, in my idea I can agree with Darthfury's point of Peter's suffering for the OMD deal.