Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzara View Post
    While that actually sounds dumb enough for Snyder to write I seriously hope it isn't the case. If Snyder pulls something so inane out he will have successfully tainted the mythos for all time. Stupid, twist "shocks" such as that are the laziest form of writing imaginable - they're tools for people who cannot write compelling stories and characterizations which are able to stand on their own.
    Actually, I think that really is too stupid and I highly doubt Snyder would do it.

However, if he does do it, I'll submit and join you guys in saying that was dumbest thing ever (just for that issue though). Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Anyone else curious why Riddler, Two-Face and Penguin are following Joker around? I guess they're just scared and doing whatever he says?
    Two-Face wants to kill Batman. Eddie is interested in what the Joker has planed. As for Penguin, Joker threatened to stick the murder of the lieutenants of the most powerful gangs of Gotham on his head, which would put Cobblepot in a gang war of huge proportions, and he doesn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Why the hell would the cops not even bother to check in on this suddenly silent and dark state asylum that they visit several times a day?
    Joker let all the guards with families out every day so that their absence isn't noticed, and only the guards with nobody waiting for them at home are kept inside. He's been redecorating everything in the lowest levels, but presumably the entrance and the first rooms were kept intact, at least until recently.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

This story has just been mediocre and hyped up way too much and the dialogue at times is just terrible. Greg Capullo however deserves all the praise he has received for his gorgeous art. He is the only reason I'm still buying this book. I'm dropping it as soon as Capullo leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    Two-Face wants to kill Batman. Eddie is interested in what the Joker has planed. As for Penguin, Joker threatened to stick the murder of the lieutenants of the most powerful gangs of Gotham on his head, which would put Cobblepot in a gang war of huge proportions, and he doesn't want that.

Joker let all the guards with families out every day so that their absence isn't noticed, and only the guards with nobody waiting for them at home are kept inside. He's been redecorating everything in the lowest levels, but presumably the entrance and the first rooms were kept intact, at least until recently.
    this lol they explained that the ones in there wouldnt be missed, no questions would be asked etc.

If Alfred is wearing the joker's face, then who attacked Alfred with the hammer?..
    taunt the baron, tempt the fury

World'sGreatest Defective Tzara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Actually, I think that really is too stupid and I highly doubt Snyder would do it.

However, if he does do it, I'll submit and join you guys in saying that was dumbest thing ever (just for that issue though). Fair?

Fair. I sincerely hope Snyder isn't capable of sinking so low.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDOOM View Post
    If Alfred is wearing the joker's face, then who attacked Alfred with the hammer?..
    Agreed. I highly doubt that Alfred is the Joker. What motives would he have? And doesn't he care about the whole Bat-family nearly as much as Bruce? I see know possible reason for it to be Alfred, other than plain old psychotic.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    ::spoilers::

What's on the silver dish?

Alfred's face of course. Alfred removed his and is wearing the Joker face. That will be the piece that rips the Batfamily apart. I've already said Alfred was Joker when we were guessing what the ending of DoTF was. Alfred's face on the plate will be the big reveal.

Who looks up to Bruce more than Alfred? No one. The cub with two faces? Rivers flowing backwards? The secret Bruce won't tell the rest of the family? In an old issue of Batman, Alfed had a psychotic break and became a villain. Harley saying Joker was different. Batman saying how odd it was that Joker was getting his hands dirty. Joker taking out the police? Weird. Military trained Alfred with a working knowledge of EM pulses? Not weird. When Batman and Nightwing are talking, Nightwing says "It's Alfred." Not literal but a clue. Joker knowing everyone's secrets. Alfed is Joker.

That would break the Batfamily apart, not bring them together.
    I actually kind of see that happening. I hope not. I really really hope not. It should be something better, but after the quality of this arc so far, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitEEntropy View Post
    This story has just been mediocre and hyped up way too much and the dialogue at times is just terrible. Greg Capullo however deserves all the praise he has received for his gorgeous art. He is the only reason I'm still buying this book. I'm dropping it as soon as Capullo leaves.
    I agree with this. It just hasn't been too good really and is suffering from too much hype. Greg Capullo has still been delivering amazing art though (although I did feel a couple of pages were off this issue, and I much prefer the way Jock draws Joker). I'm close to dropping due to the writing (depends on now the next arc develops), but if Capullo leaves and is replaed by someone I'm not bothered about, I'm leaving.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Maybe a smiling fish on the plate?..

And I'd love, LOVE for a Capullo drawn batman cartoon..

Maybe a smiling fish on the plate?..

And I'd love, LOVE for a Capullo drawn batman cartoon..

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    But we saw him get the best of all those characters on the feed!
    Assuming the feed he showed Batman is actually real of course and not just something that he faked. I've been told that Joker is not a reliable source of information so whose to say that he didn't fake those images just to get under Batman's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Well on page 2(of this thread) Tiberious has a great idea of what the punch line is. I personnally don't think the platter will have Alfreds head or face on it. It will have the Jokers.

It's a long shot that it's the cae, but Joker may have figured very little into the over all storyline. A crazed Alfred very well might be the punchline.
    If Alfred is crazed it will be because of Joker's newest toxin which allows him to control the people he has infected with it (as shown in B&R 16) and not because "Alfred is the Joker". I think there is something else on that platter myself but we'll see.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Shocked that people are actually buying into the whole "Alfred is the Joker" thing. Shocked. It's an interesting idea, but a ridiculous one. It'll never happen. I'll eat my pants if is true.
    Also, all the complaints and sh*t outweigh what all of the "hype" that everybody talks about. The hype comes from people, you know, who read comics for a living. It's getting really, really annoying. We're discussing the comic, not our thoughts on how lousy of a writer Snyder is. Get it together.

My thoughts on this issue? It's Alfred's head in the plate. Morbid, but it seems to be the only possible answer, or something completely out of the left field that nobody saw coming. The tapestry was great, it was all pretty great, but I felt it was a bit lacking compared to the others. The plot wasn't furthered enough. It didn't go anywhere. Batman was a badass in this one though. Batman Inc edged it out, and speaking of Batman Inc, it definitely will not be Damian who dies
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

All I know is that I heard Snyder got premission to maim someone, not kill anyone. I'm suspected something else, but that certianly would be surprising.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    It's Alfred's head in the plate.
    I highly doubt that. It would make no sense because if it were Alfred's head or face or whatever why would Penguin and Two Face be so surprised like they were?

They don't give a shit about Alfred.

Hmm. Alfred's eyes? Be pretty funny...turn the butler into someone that has to be waited on hand & foot.

Ooh it could be his hands and feet too! Irony! Or...is that a pun? Whatever.
    I fully support Quentin Quire for the office of Phoenix in 2012! Kid Omega and the Phoenix! Only together can they burn it! Burn it all!