Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

what's up with the Royal Tapestry.... and The Joker with a baby in his arms????? Where's that from???? Can someone please clarify this? xD
    That's what I was saying in my post on the previous page. It seems to be a homage to the end of No Man's Land. Which means that some aspect (or at least that incident from...) No Man's Land seems to have happened
    Pull List: None. Moving to trade-waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
    what's up with the Royal Tapestry.... and The Joker with a baby in his arms????? Where's that from???? Can someone please clarify this? xD

PD: Alfred has been described as a Shakespearean actor, a British secret service agent, and a combat medic....

The shakesperean actor bit really fits with the profile of this Jester and King play we have going.......
    I believe Joker w/ the baby is a homage to NML.

How was this issue not rated T+?

Doesn't really bother me, but makes the rating system seem even more arbitrary than it already does.

Quote Originally Posted by hanotsri View Post
    That's what I was saying in my post on the previous page. It seems to be a homage to the end of No Man's Land. Which means that some aspect (or at least that incident from...) No Man's Land seems to have happened
    Thanks guys :D

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    "Hail, freak" was my favorite line of Synder dialogue since, "I know, that I am SICK TO DEATH OF OWLS."
    I also really connected with "Come on. COME ON!" this issue.

BANNED

That reminds me, I was disappointed in the lack of Poison Ivy. Some other villains that could have been involved and their potential roles:

Grand Master of the Hunt - Zsasz
    Groom of the Stool - Professor Pyg
    Keeper of the Wardrobe - The Mad Hatter
    Hayward/Hedge Warden - Poison Ivy

I really liked the idea and I feel like if you're going to be so obvious about it, go all out and create the entire court.

I thought it was a pretty average issue to be honest. The storyline is very drawn out. It would have been more effective if it had been more condensed.

Well I liked it for the most part, art was amazing as usual. Just didnt like that Joker told Batman to "sit his ass down" that part was lame.

Reminded me of a Batman #5 atmosphere though which as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
    Other than the back-up in the previous issue, isn't this the first time we see Riddler in the New 52? They can make him whatever they want, I guess.

I always thought he was made very dangerous in LotDK "Riddle me this" story and Green Arrow appearances afterwards.
    Yeah i'm pretty sure that's all we've seen so far.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Its funny. BAtman the Dark Knight, Batman deals with Scarecrow for like 10 issues.

In here, he deals with him in 3 panels. Oh, Why is Batman the Dark Knight still a comic.
    Collecting- Uncanny Avengers, ANXM, C&XF, Uncanny X-men, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Team Up, New Avengers, Superior Foes, Black Widow, ANXF, GotG.

Dropped- Hawkeye, Thunderbolts.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

All I can say is wow, that art was amazing, fantastic, beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, detailed and anything else I can think of!

I mean seriously wow. Greg Capullo is on a whole other level.

Quote Originally Posted by zexion_armando View Post
    Its funny. BAtman the Dark Knight, Batman deals with Scarecrow for like 10 issues.

In here, he deals with him in 3 panels. Oh, Why is Batman the Dark Knight still a comic.
    Seems like 10 issues doesn't it, since it dragged on for so long, but it was only 6 issues. I agree though, just an unneeded batbook. Hurwitz always starts off decent and just falls flat at the end.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    I believe Joker w/ the baby is a homage to NML.
    I admit that I was kind of hoping that somewhere in Batgirl or in this storyline we'd here about how the Joker has wounded Gordon and Bats just about equally-he injured Babs for both of them, took Bruce's son and shot Sarah Essen Gordon in the face. That's still one of the most chilling example of Joker's evil that I've ever seen. It's just so cold and calm. He doesn't even smile. It's scenes like that that remind me why Batman's had some kind of continuous storytelling since before Crisis on Infinite Earth's; no one evr quite has the cajones to say that everything that happened before is gone. Even if you dislike huge portions of continuity, everybody can find some part of it they liked and want to keep.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

I really wish they would have a different artist, especially on the core book of the arc. This doesn't suit Batman at all, IMO, and I find myself having to go over panels again to figure out precisely what's going on.

Fly, Robin. Fly. The Brad Wonder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I thought it was a pretty average issue to be honest. The storyline is very drawn out. It would have been more effective if it had been more condensed.
    I agree. I've found the whole thing to be pretty drawn-out. All that great pacing of Court of Owls, which seemed to build from issue to issue. This just feels like there's only one good issue, the last (we hope), and all the others have been there as placeholders. I haven't been super thrilled.