Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Where do you get the idea that fake Wonder Woman was pregnant? She's just fat.
    The shape of her belly looks like a pregnant belly to me.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    The shape of her belly looks like a pregnant belly to me.
    Not really, it's just trying to show the fact that it's real people and not super hero's in that scene.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I just don't like that the backup was sort of continuance of main feature, but was all about Two Face. The changes of flow and narrative were very weird
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Not really, it's just trying to show the fact that it's real people and not super hero's in that scene.
    How are you 100% certain she isn't pregnant? Did you do a pee test?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I got the pregnant impression as well

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I just don't like that the backup was sort of continuance of main feature
    I HATE back ups in these 3.99 books. Just give me more pages of the story is how I feel. So I really liked this issues back up

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I figured that she was pregnant because I thought it would make Joker's plan even more messed up.

Anyway, I don't think it was AS messed up as Snyder and co. was hyping that it was (or maybe I'm just REALLY messed up in the head, that could very well be possible), but still a pretty solid/creepy issue. I need to know what's on that plate!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I figured that she was pregnant because I thought it would make Joker's plan even more messed up.

Anyway, I don't think it was AS messed up as Snyder and co. was hyping that it was (or maybe I'm just REALLY messed up in the head, that could very well be possible), but still a pretty solid/creepy issue. I need to know what's on that plate!
    The plate ends up at the end of Batman and Robin too!

Anyone else curious why Riddler, Two-Face and Penguin are following Joker around? I guess they're just scared and doing whatever he says?

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    The plate ends up at the end of Batman and Robin too!

Anyone else curious why Riddler, Two-Face and Penguin are following Joker around? I guess they're just scared and doing whatever he says?
    And I think Two-Face was just saying out-loud what the three were all hoping--that it would involve Joker killing Batman.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Thanks for the spoilers.

Other than the horse deaths (animal abuse bothers the hell out of me) it was an intense issue.

Snyder's Joker is an excellent planner, but I can't remember the last time Joker was painted
    as such a dangerous figure. I hope to see the Riddler taken to such a level.

I didn't read the Batgirl issue yet. Hm. Probably should have checked that out first

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    And I think Two-Face was just saying out-loud what the three were all hoping--that it would involve Joker killing Batman.
    Good point.

I haven't bought the issue yet, but did it explain how Joker took out the Bat-Family? I have a hard time swallowing that he could take them all down in the time Batman was in Arkham....
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

The tapestry was really creepy. At first I though they are some dead bodies dressed to reenact famous Batman and Joker moments, and upon closer look (and second reading), holy shit they are bodies sewn together!!!

Anyway, pretty awesome issue. I enjoyed Batman's adventure in messed up Arkham Asylum. Loving the villains cameos and how Batman took them out. I literally laughed out loud with the way Bats KO Scarecrow. Capullo is at his best here. His art is full of kinetic energy but filled with darkness surrounding the issue as well. The two page spread of Batman's 'court' was hilarious awesome.

Now, my main complain is actually the backup issue. So far the DOTF back ups feature Joker interacting with other rogue gallery. However the backup in this issue was basically a second half of the main feature. However, the switch in artist was very jarring and the narrative suddenly jumped to Two Face. IMO, the transition was not quite smooth and actually hurt my reading experience...

And there's also how Joker took the Bat-family out. I doubt much time has passed between Bruce's quarrels with the family and his breaking into Arkham Asylum. The DOTF tie-ins never make sense to me timeline wise. Am I supposed to believe that Joker is capable of taking down all of Batman's allies within this period without Batman noticing or doing something about it? So I chose to ignore the tie-ins. But it seems that the tie-ins are actually relevant to the main title? I don't know about this...

Anyway, looking forward to the conclusion and let's hope nothing too bad will happen to poor Alfred
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

I thought this entire issue was fairly solid. We'll see if that continues to the next issue.

I still hate Joker's dead skin mask. Ed Gein references are so ten years ago.

Oh, and the body tapestry. That was incredibly stupid. Snyder's Joker and Anton Arcane are getting far too close to being the same character, and then you factor in that the Dollmaker is being referenced and he too is the same damn trope done poorly. C'est la vie.

And no knock against Capullo because he's great and why I read Batman, but I almost sort-of wish Jock was doing this arc - if only because Jock did Snyder's first Black Mirror Joker appearance and the continuity, and how good Jock's work looks, appeals to me. You know the old saw about too many good artists ...
    Last edited by Retro315; 01-16-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Anyway, looking forward to the conclusion and let's hope nothing too bad will happen to poor Alfred
    does any one beleive they might actualy have the Joker Force feed Batman Alfred
    worried... i dont trust Dc comics ability to resist shock value, i seriously dont.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie616 View Post
    I haven't bought the issue yet, but did it explain how Joker took out the Bat-Family? I have a hard time swallowing that he could take them all down in the time Batman was in Arkham....
    They are saving all that for the tie-in issues. Though this all happening in such a short time frame is pretty hard to stomach. You have to force yourself to try and not thing about it too deeply.