Veteran Member

Default Amazons in Demon Knights 16

For Wonder Woman fans who aren't reading Demon Knights, I thought I'd mention that the Amazons seemingly are going to play an important role in that book's new arc, Venditti's first, which begins in #16. Cain, the original vampire, has an aide who is an Amazon, according to Al Jabr. Cain's plan, according to Al Jabr, is apparently to infect the Amazons with the vampiric plague so that "he will command an army stronger and more skilled in battle than any the world has ever seen. Also, Exoristos mentions that she is the only Amazon ever to have left the island.

Veteran Member

Ooops--sorry. I don't know how I double posted this thread. Can a mod delete one of them? Thanks.
    Last edited by slvn; 01-16-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Cool! Would love to see how Amazons were like back there. We now have 2 different Amazons. Chiang's Amazons are more tribal and the one in Batwoman are a bit more greco-roman.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewing_A23 View Post
    Cool! Would love to see how Amazons were like back there. We now have 2 different Amazons. Chiang's Amazons are more tribal and the one in Batwoman are a bit more greco-roman.
    I wonder if the New 52 Paradise Island is in the Mediterranean. Al Jabr mentions that its location is hidden, but he also makes it sound like Cain and his Amazon are going to get there by marching south through Europe.
    Last edited by slvn; 01-16-2013 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I wonder if the New 52 Paradise Island is in the Mediterranean. Al Jabr mentions that it's location is hidden, but he also makes it sound like Cain and his Amazon are going to get there my marching south through Europe.
    It would make more sense it was one of the many islands in the seas near Greece.

That said...I expect some to complain over Cain's Amazon henchwoman shortly.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It would make more sense it was one of the many islands in the seas near Greece.
    Yeah, that's would fit. Anyway, somewhere around the southern coast of Europe, rather than the Bermuda Triangle. (So, Rob, you may be able to rest easier about Amazon raiding parties visiting Florida!)

Another thing--Exoristos is still young thirty years after the last arc, and Al Jabr refers to Exoristos (along with the Horsewoman, who apparently is able to restore her youth through psychically bonding with a new mount, and Ystin) as "blessed with the gift of agelessness." So, for anyone still wondering whether the new 52 Amazons are "immortal" or at least long-lived, there's a possible data point for you.

That said...I expect some to complain over Cain's Amazon henchwoman shortly.
    Hey--maybe Cain wins. The Amazons, after this arc, will all permanently be vampires, which is the reason they have to drain the lives from sailors three times a century.
    Last edited by slvn; 01-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.

BANNED

Hey--maybe Cain wins. The Amazons, after this arc, will all permanently be vampires, which is the reason they have to drain the lives from sailors three times a century.
    Shame on you Slv, you reminded me of Ryan Renolds' intolerable Hannibal King from Blade 3 and how he described where his vampire woman had her teeth... :(

It's kinda funny how everyone is ignoring Chiang's designs for the Amazons.

It was a good issue, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this vampire Amazon. Wonder if we'll get to see Themyscira.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

For Wonder Woman fans who aren't reading Demon Knights, I thought I'd mention that the Amazons seemingly are going to play an important role in that book's new arc, Venditti's first, which begins in #16. Cain, the original vampire, has an aide who is an Amazon, according to Al Jabr. Cain's plan, according to Al Jabr, is apparently to infect the Amazons with the vampiric plague so that "he will command an army stronger and more skilled in battle than any the world has ever seen. Also, Exoristos mentions that she is the only Amazon ever to have left the island.
    If this Cain has an Amazon aide, how can Exoristos be the only one to have left? Or did you mean accomplice?
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If this Cain has an Amazon aide, how can Exoristos be the only one to have left? Or did you mean accomplice?
    To Ex's knowledge she was the only one to have left the island. (if you've seen the preview, you see the Vampazon with Cain).

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    It's kinda funny how everyone is ignoring Chiang's designs for the Amazons.
    I am not sure why you say that?

I'm just oddly amused by the fact. The new Amazons wear hairy knickers and leg bindings, while over in Batwoman 9 iirc) they're in roman-ish armour and here in Demon Knights they're wearing weird leather looking bikini tops. It just struck me as a bit funny.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    I'm just oddly amused by the fact. The new Amazons wear hairy knickers and leg bindings, while over in Batwoman 9 iirc) they're in roman-ish armour and here in Demon Knights they're wearing weird leather looking bikini tops. It just struck me as a bit funny.
    Interesting. But eere the ones in Batwoman prison guards? They might wear special armor for that job. And as for the ones in Demon Knights...well, maybe even on Paradise Island, fashions can change a little in more than a thousand years.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Interesting. But eere the ones in Batwoman prison guards? They might wear special armor for that job. And as for the ones in Demon Knights...well, maybe even on Paradise Island, fashions can change a little in more than a thousand years.
    Though not buildings and tools, apparently

Chang's art never fails to impress. Wish he would do a guest spot on the regular book. I might even buy that issue :)
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

wondering when we would get a thread on this
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Al Jabr <3
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold..

What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still..