Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    This of course assumes he WILL be mind wiped, but as we've seen in Hickman's Fantastic Four...time travel creates new lines of reality so you can't actually kill your own grandfather. This idea of time travel is precisely why I'm asking the question.
    Nope according to the FF4 you can change time if you have a big enough impact. You need four people. Kang lied.

Pretty sure 25 font in all caps isn't speaking slowly.
    It is. It's just speaking very, very loudly. Because, like all good teachers, D@N was likely hoping you were deaf, rather than daft.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Ah the internet, home to so much rage and frustration I'm confused why nobody has tapped it as a green energy source.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

Ah the internet, home to so much rage and frustration I'm confused why nobody has tapped it as a green energy source.
    You can be patronizing to us once you've mastered chronology.

I think my alternate reality time travel point makes sense. No sense in being rude dudes.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

I think my alternate reality time travel point makes sense. No sense in being rude dudes.
    Beast didn't create an alternate reality (if there is an alternate reality, it was already there). He's fucking around with the real reality, and no one is surprised to see it. Even Archangel who has been around for five minutes immediately knew who did it. And if you read the latest New Avengers, you'd see that Beast has basically condemned the entire multiverse to death.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Beast didn't create an alternate reality (if there is an alternate reality, it was already there). He's fucking around with the real reality, and no one is surprised to see it. Even Archangel who has been around for five minutes immediately knew who did it. And if you read the latest New Avengers, you'd see that Beast has basically condemned the entire multiverse to death.
    Did you see my post? There is a theory that time travel doesn't actually go back in time, it creates a new reality, so there's no way to go back and kill your grandmother etc.

Although now that we're on that topic, this is a very interesting article on a relatively new theory (2010) on time travel and why you can't kill your ancestor: http://phys.org/news198948917.html

BANNED

Did you see my post. There is a theory that time travel doesn't actually go back in time, it creates a new reality, so there's no way to go back and kill your grandmother etc.

Although now that we're on that topic, this is a very interesting article on a relatively new theory (2010) on time travel and why you can't kill your ancestor: http://phys.org/news198948917.html
    I did read your post. It's not what's happening here. BEAST IS DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE.

Crazy how nobody had faith in Bendis and this was the dumbest premise ever thought up 6 issues ago.
    The Avengers can go fuck themselves." -Elizabeth Braddock

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Bravery View Post
    Crazy how nobody had faith in Bendis and this was the dumbest premise ever thought up 6 issues ago.
    It is dumb. But it has been entertaining. It's good that we have a real X-Men book from Wood coming out soon with characters who have earned the name.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I did read your post. It's not what's happening here. BEAST IS DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE.
    Alrighty thanks.

Did you see my post? There is a theory that time travel doesn't actually go back in time, it creates a new reality, so there's no way to go back and kill your grandmother etc.

http://www.againwiththecomics.com/20...1_archive.html

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Bravery View Post
    The premise still is. But that doesn't mean we can't get some descent stories out of it.

YESSS! Thank you so much. I was looking for this graphic!

YESSS! Thank you so much. I was looking for this graphic!
    You realize that says the exact opposite of what you said. Divergent timelines only occur when there's a large enough impact. Timelines are robust enough to fix themselves after small impacts.