Default Sherlock Holmes vs Sherlock Holmes

Holmes from "Sherlock" and Holmes from "Elementary" both appear in the Arena at the standard distance. No bloodlust or basic knowledge. Winner is whoever first realizes he is in the presence of an alternate universe version of himself.

Ha, okay, didn't see that coming. This might be a draw.

Haven't seen Elementary, but from what I know of Cumberbatch Holmes, he's hard to convince. Elementary's Holmes is an American (IIRC) whose in the middle of being rehabilitated in the beginning of the series, so there's no direct physical resemblance that either will pick up on. C-Holmes also has a hard time accepting the supernatural, and the last time he was solving a supernatural mystery, he figured out he had to deal with a supernatural threat, he figured out that it actually wasn't supernatural at all - so he'll have even more bias against the supernatural event of meeting an alternate version of himself.

Plus he's downright arrogant, and probably won't be too keen on someone just as smart, if not smarter than him. He'd find the concept of a more relaxed, "human" version of himself ridiculous. Soon they'll both be scanning the arena, looking for a way out.

Does Conan Doyle exist in Elementary?

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post

Haven't seen Elementary, but from what I know of Cumberbatch Holmes, he's hard to convince. Elementary's Holmes is an American (IIRC) whose in the middle of being rehabilitated in the beginning of the series, so there's no direct physical resemblance that either will pick up on. C-Holmes also has a hard time accepting the supernatural, and the last time he was solving a supernatural mystery, he figured out he had to deal with a supernatural threat, he figured out that it actually wasn't supernatural at all - so he'll have even more bias against the supernatural event of meeting an alternate version of himself.

Plus he's downright arrogant, and probably won't be too keen on someone just as smart, if not smarter than him. He'd find the concept of a more relaxed, "human" version of himself ridiculous. Soon they'll both be scanning the arena, looking for a way out.

Does Conan Doyle exist in Elementary?
    Elementary's Holmes is, in fact, British, though the series takes place in NYC. He lost someone... special... through the machinations of someone... douchy (spoilers scrupulously avoided) and this caused his controled, recreational drug use to blow up into full on addiction. He left London, went to New York and went through rehab. A NYC captain worked a case in London 10 years ago, with Holmes, so he hooked himself up a job consulting for the NYC. When I say "job", I use the term loosely, since it's unpaid. Joan (not John) Watson is a girl, and started the show as Holmes' live-in addiction recovery companion, who is an ex-surgeon, hired by Holmes' never-seen / doesn't care father. She is impressed as hell by Holmes' work and has helped him out a few times. She's extended her time as his "companion" under false pretext to continue working with Holmes.

ElementaryHolmes is also arrogant - yeah, they'd pretty much want nothing to do with each other after the first eleven seconds.

There is no Conan Doyle, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post

Since when are alternate realities supernatural?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Since when are alternate realities supernatural?
    Well they hardly fit into an 1800s criminoligist's vision of "Natural" would they??

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well they hardly fit into an 1800s criminoligist's vision of "Natural" would they??
    Neither of these two are from the 1800s.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

The POINT! The Point was since when have alternate universes BEEN Natural??

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The POINT! The Point was since when have alternate universes BEEN Natural??
    Well, if they exist, they're natural.

If they don't, it's a moot point. ;P
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

C-Holmes has a noted disinterest in things that don't relate to criminology or computer hacking (to the point that he didn't know that planets revolved around the sun), so it's doubtful he's even aware of how alternate realities work. Even if he did come to that conclusion, he strikes me as an "A is A" type of person, which would stall him from accepting that the other (apparently British) version of himself is more laidback than him, but also just as intelligent.

Though, E-Holmes might suffer from the same problem.

Now I want to read a story about two Sherlock Holmes having to put up with each other.
    Last edited by Kamina; 01-17-2013 at 11:14 AM.