Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Team 7 #4 Discussion/Spoilers

Team 7 is finally facing the real incarnation of Eclipso who has taken Slade as its host.

Jordan once again shows great personality from all the cast, this issue focusing especially on Grifter who demonstrates how badass is he a his abilities to handle any kind of situation. Some of the other members of the cast were interesting too, especially if we compare the contrast between the personalities of bothe Dinah Lance and Amanda Waller with how they are portraying on the present day. Plus, we have some glances of Deathstroke's origin.

Overall, a solid ending for a solid arc but I hope Jordan starts exploring more of the New 52 past in the following issues.

By "once again shows great personality from all the cast," I assume this is similar to the previous three issues.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

BANNED

Watching the Wire has made me okay with thinner Amanda Waller. I'm head-voice casting Kima Greggs in her role.

This issue was a lot of fun. Nothing mind blowing, but I'm enjoying it. Shame about the sales.

(No Spoilers)

Wow! Justin Jordan has really hit his stride with this title. He wraps up the first arc in grand style as we get an action packed thrill ride for the introduction of Eclipso into the New 52. Even Jesus Merino seemed to be on his A-game. This title is like G.I. Joe with superpowers and so far and it's been great!

I'll start with Jesus Merino's art. I wasn't too crazy about it in the opening issues of the series. But here it just seemed so much better. He hasn't drawn the last couple of issues so I think all he needed was that extra time. You can tell even with his opening shot of Eclipso which I swear for a second reminded me of Brett Booth's version of the character. Although to keep in line with the rest of the New 52, this seems to be a younger version of Eclipso.

And I love the way Justin Jordan writes Grifter! THIS is the Grifter I wanted in his solo series! Everything Grifter did in this issue is exactly how'd I'd picture him reacting to the situation. As much as I hated that Grifter's solo series got cancelled, I am thankful that not only is the character still active in this book, he's also in the hands of the an awesome writer. Thank you Justin for redeeming one of my favorite characters!

This really is a great issue all the way around. At first I was perplexed by the choice to add the character Essence to this story but as it unfolded I could see why they chose her. I also liked how the team finally came together and showed why John Lynch had faith in this group. Speaking of Lynch, there are ties to the Justice League Black Room (not a spoiler, it's in the solicits), as well as the beginnings of Slade turning into Deathstroke, and finally we get a tease about something called the Majestic Project. Old Wildstorm fans will know why that's relevant and we'll see if Jordan takes that idea in the direction we're all hoping.

This title has not just found its footing...now it's sprinting! It was kind of a shaky start coming out of Zero Month and the constant change in artists, but for those who've held on, I hope you enjoyed the outcome as much as I did. And if you jumped off, at least finish this storyline. It's only issue 4 after all. And next month, we get the introduction of another Wildcat into the DCU as we get Spartan! As if I needed more reasons to love this book!
    Wildstorm Addiction Podcast-News, reviews, & creator interviews

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Watching the Wire has made me okay with thinner Amanda Waller. I'm head-voice casting Kima Greggs in her role.

This issue was a lot of fun. Nothing mind blowing, but I'm enjoying it. Shame about the sales.
    Honestly, I think the idea of having her start out as this "super"-soldier makes her being thinner than her previous self make sense. Of course, she probably shouldn't be looking like a super-model, but that complaint can be lodged against a good amount of superhero comic art.

But I agree--not the smartest or most clever book ever, but a really fun action book.

BANNED

Yeah I think that's the Suicide Squad artist's fault. I much prefer how she looks here.

agreed. it is a shame about the sales though. I don't see this making it past #12

Hell of a last page. Slade being set up to become his old super soldier self and Spartan on his way. I really like how they're combining a lot of characters origins and making some cohesion of DCU characters. Deathstroke and I'm guessing Midnighter coming out of the same super soldier experiments, which may also be responsible for Apollo.

Veteran Member

The biggest complaint I have about this title is the artist, unfortunately that does'nt seem like is gonna change soon since Jesus Merino is just going to take a two issues break.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Hell of a last page. Slade being set up to become his old super soldier self and Spartan on his way. I really like how they're combining a lot of characters origins and making some cohesion of DCU characters. Deathstroke and I'm guessing Midnighter coming out of the same super soldier experiments, which may also be responsible for Apollo.
    Apollo = Bronson, Midnighter = Higgins. Almost certain of it.

Anyway. I thought it was fun, pretty solid. I was expecting something a bit more subtle and smart from Jordan, just based on Luther Strode, but I don't really have any major complaints, I'm liking the book so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Apollo = Bronson, Midnighter = Higgins. Almost certain of it.

Anyway. I thought it was fun, pretty solid. I was expecting something a bit more subtle and smart from Jordan, just based on Luther Strode, but I don't really have any major complaints, I'm liking the book so far.
    I kinda figured Midnighter was Bronson but hadn't considered Apollo was Higgins. That would be super cool and explain a lot.

But Apollo didn't know Midnighter when Stormwatch started.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Mind wipe, implanted memories, at least for Apollo. I mean, Lynch, a (future) telepath who had a habit of erasing memories in Wildstorm, is RIGHT THERE, they had a mind wipe in the old continuity, and like last issue of Stormwatch Midnighter flat out said he's seen people get their minds messed with before. Also, Midnighter never said he'd never met Apollo before, nor did he actually say his name was Lucas, he said 'call me Lucas' subtle but potentially significant difference, (probably not the intent at the time, but still a loophole they can use) and it's been hinted at that he's been lying about something. It would explain away the stalking, if nothing else. though why Midnighter would continue to lie to Apollo is problematic, definitely. there are some other details from earlier on that would have to be glossed over, but meh, they've already retconned some other stuff from Cornell's issues.

and robotman - other way around ;) with Bronson the personality is right, they dropped a bunch of Superman nods, and his powered suit lets him act as a pseudo-flying brick, they also said he was perhaps the best candidate for the Majestic Project, so I'd assume that will mean he has a stronger reaction to it than most of the others. He could also end up being, you know, Majestic, but I think Apollo fits the personality and origin better. There's less there for Higgins, they haven't done a ton with him, but the opportunity to tie his origin to both Apollo and Deathstroke (they would be perfect adversaries) would be too good to pass up, and he just talks like him, and those red goggles he wears, it's like the red lenses in Midnighter's new cowl, and the Team 7 armor is VERY similar to Midnighter's armor, he could have just, you know, stuck some spikes and stuff on it and called it a day.

Sounds credible!

And a little mundane. I quite liked the idea that they were constructed. Ah well, I suppose that is Superboy now.

One hopes Bendix is somehow involved. And that, perhaps, TAO is another side experiment.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/