Default G.I. Joe Adventure team

I have mentioned a few times how View Master reels played a large role in developing my love of comics. Aside form the many super-hero reels I had as a wee lad in the early 70s, I also had a few view master reels featuring the G.I. Joe Adventure team (and several of the toys as well), based on the toyline produced from 1970-1976. These were the 12 inch figure line but their marketing moved away form the focus of soldiers due to the anti-Vietnam war sentiment and focused on adventurers. The story I remember most vividly form the view master reels were them repelling down a chasm and finding a golden statue of the Buddha.

Later in the toy line they added more characters, Mike Power, the Atomic Man (a Six Million Dollar Man clone), Bulletman and an alien opponent called the Intruders, and began including comics in the packaging. I am trying to find out info about these comics (GCD only lists the Ziff Davis series, a one shot promo put out in '67 based on the earliest toy line and then skips to the rebooted 80's version, and most of the details I got came form wikipedia supplementing my own memories).

Anyone know if any comic stories aside from the promo comics were made for these characters or know where I can find more info on the promo comics? How many there were, creative teams, etc. I am only interested in this particular iteration of G.I. Joe, not the 80's version as I never watched it when it came out and it holds no nostalgic grip on me.

Just another nostalgia fueled quest to recapture some childhood memories, so any help is appreciated. Thanks

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Power Records did a few G.I. Joe comic-and-record sets:

http://powerrecord.blogspot.com/search/label/gi%20joe
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!

Great Stuff JKC. Thanks. The Search for the Stolen Idol seems similar to the view master reel I remember but I believe they actually used photos of the action figures with props made to scale when they created the reels because they had a faux 3-D feel to them and were definitely not comic art.

I will definitely have to keep an eye open for those Power Record sets when hunting around conventions though.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by JKCarrier View Post
    Power Records did a few G.I. Joe comic-and-record sets:

http://powerrecord.blogspot.com/search/label/gi%20joe
    Awesome link. I listened to "Secret Mission to Spy Island" and "Search for the Stolen Idol" so many times as a kid that phrases like "The ventilation shaft!", "You! What are you doing here?", and "It's probably a coconut!" are still bouncing around in my hippocampus, from which they continue to emerge, Breakout-style.

Conversely, all that Algebra and Trig I took in college remains irretrievably submerged.
    "Leviathans have tried and failed! You will not eat the true Sub-Mariner!"

Namor, Defenders #3