Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It would feel like a slap in the face, honestly. Even if they went the Venom or Red Hood route with the character and made him a villain/anti-hero first it would still feel like that. The character losing that close personal tie to Barry and no longer aspires to be someone like him would be very disappointing.
    I Agree. Wally relationship with Barry is TOO important in his character development to throw away.

I really don't want Wally back..we have a young Barry, bringing back Wally would be overkill. I like 1 Flash and thats it. Having Kid Flash is a corny idea, just as Superboy,Supergirl etc are...why.. If you must have Wally back, have him come back with a different set of powers and not the Flash..just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    Bringing him back as a villain, or even just a new guy with the same name, no, I wouldn't be interested. I'd rather he were left dead with all the rest of the pre-Flashpoint world and characters. But since others are proposing their ideas, here's mine I posted a couple of weeks ago:

My premise would be Wally escaped the destruction of the pre-Flashpoint world, sensing it's coming due to his connection to the speed force. He gets trapped in the speed force, tragically without his family. Eventually he pops back out again to find the world he knew completely changed. He is essentially the only survivor of the pre-Flashpoint world. He finds Barry (and everyone else) doesn't know who he is, and his family is gone. He then travels back through time on a never ending journey into the past of the nu-DC, trying to undo the changes to bring back the world he knew and his family.

It would be somewhat similar to what was done with the old Booster Gold series, only instead of visiting familiar points in the pre-Flashpoint past as Booster did, Wally-Flash would be visiting the past of the nu-DC, allowing DC to fill in parts of the new timeline that haven't been revealed. It would also solve the problem of two Flashes in present continuity, as Wally-Flash would be on a permanent, unattainable mission in the past.
    i like this a lot. best idea yet. if only DC Editorial would goddamn read this! kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I love Wally West but I don't see a place for him in the mainstream DCU. I'm sort of hoping they do a Flash: Earth One series and make it about Wally.
    this is a bit weaker of an idea, but it would be #2 for me. maybe an Elseworlds-like mini. the DCnU totally is mixed-up with & needs more "from other places and times" stuff for [ERASED] characters.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

One thing we did settle a few days ago is that we don't want Wally to return buck nekkid.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1809 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for--Chances are that when they bring him back he'll be a hermaphroditic donkey with mild case of syphilis and the ability to shoot lighting out his ass, and people here will tell you how awesome this version is and that you should stop living in the past when you complain.
    Stop! You'll give them ideas...

Wally needs to come back, and I think he should be with his old stompin buddy Roy Harper in the Outlaws.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

No I don't like that idea in the slightest.

It really infuriates me after Barry Allen's return how much DC has given Wally West the short-end of the stick. Give the man some respect, his title sold well enough to last over 200 issues.

It’s okay to put him in limbo for a while (and yes he can work in the new 52), but the writers at DC better not insult his character and turn him into a villain in the new 52 just because Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns aren’t fans of him.
    Last edited by blinker; 01-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    One thing we did settle a few days ago is that we don't want Wally to return buck nekkid.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    But think how well the book would sell! (Well, depending on the artist.)

I don't see why Wally has to be tied to Barry. Dick seems to be doing very well with his friendship with Wally and the whole Teen Titans gig deleted so why not a Wally who never heard of a Barry other than Barry Manilow?

(Eh, what I really want is an ongoing Elseworld that looks suspiciously similar to the DCU before Infinite Crisis but with Barry back anyway. That would be just golly swell and would see me for the very first time buying a subscription.

No, I'm not holding my breath that DC will ever make such a book.)
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

I would if he kills Jason Todd because he'd still be a hero in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Key View Post
    I'd rather Barry turn out to be the villain and Wally comes back from wherever to save everybody. I'm not one of those who say Wally needs to come back, but as a character he was more interesting than Barry in my opinion. To be honest I don't see the point in having brought Barry back.
    Cause Barry is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1809 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for--Chances are that when they bring him back he'll be a hermaphroditic donkey with mild case of syphilis and the ability to shoot lighting out his ass, and people here will tell you how awesome this version is and that you should stop living in the past when you complain.
    He will strike with the power of the asses ass!
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

As a villain? No way.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    Bringing him back as a villain, or even just a new guy with the same name, no, I wouldn't be interested. I'd rather he were left dead with all the rest of the pre-Flashpoint world and characters. But since others are proposing their ideas, here's mine I posted a couple of weeks ago:

My premise would be Wally escaped the destruction of the pre-Flashpoint world, sensing it's coming due to his connection to the speed force. He gets trapped in the speed force, tragically without his family. Eventually he pops back out again to find the world he knew completely changed. He is essentially the only survivor of the pre-Flashpoint world. He finds Barry (and everyone else) doesn't know who he is, and his family is gone. He then travels back through time on a never ending journey into the past of the nu-DC, trying to undo the changes to bring back the world he knew and his family.

It would be somewhat similar to what was done with the old Booster Gold series, only instead of visiting familiar points in the pre-Flashpoint past as Booster did, Wally-Flash would be visiting the past of the nu-DC, allowing DC to fill in parts of the new timeline that haven't been revealed. It would also solve the problem of two Flashes in present continuity, as Wally-Flash would be on a permanent, unattainable mission in the past.
    This is as close to perfect as I can imagine !
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    This is as close to perfect as I can imagine !
    Seconded. Though I would want Wally and Barry to meet at least once. To find out your inspiration and idol is (unwittingly) responsible for what is a pretty horrific fate would be hard. I can't see Barry just shrugging off what the unintended results were either. I don;t want Wally-as-Villain, but being trapped in the Speed Force forever, lost his family, forgotten by the world he fought for... that gives him a pretty legitimate beef with Barry I must say. Ultimately they should go their separate ways though, once they have had their little cathartic moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Stop! You'll give them ideas...

Wally needs to come back, and I think he should be with his old stompin buddy Roy Harper in the Outlaws.

Grant Morrison pitched it last night. It's going to be an existential take on the power of chipotle on the DC universe. CBR has already called it the greatest piece of writing in any language in the history of humanity. I get no co-plotter credit again. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    . . . I don't see why Wally has to be tied to Barry. Dick seems to be doing very well with his friendship with Wally and the whole Teen Titans gig deleted so why not a Wally who never heard of a Barry other than Barry Manilow?
    Wally got his powers through Barry. (Either directly or indirectly, depending upon which version of his origin you champion.) Wally worked with and was trained by Barry . . . Wally looked up to Barry . . . Wally tried (at times) to pattern himself on the examples of Barry.

Take Barry out of that equation, and it would be some pseudo-faux-"Wally" in name only, barely even a pretender to who most Wally fans want and remember. Just take any random un-named guy in any crowd scene of an issue of New 52 Flash, say he's really the New 52 "Wally West", and you'd have just about the same thing.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.