Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

I don't think people remember the prequels anyways.

the turkish community of austria is considering sueing lego.
    in their view a jabba´s palace set, which they claim to be inspired by hagia sofia, is belittling religous feelings and sending the message to children that muslims are evil gangsters

They'd be better off sueing Lucasfilm/Disney, or zombie Ralph McQuarrie who designed the thing 30 years ago.

'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Ewan McGregor got better and better as Obi-Wan with each prequel. Definitely not bland.

Obi-Wan and The Emperor were the two things that I thought came out of the prequels not looking hideously awful.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Obi-Wan and The Emperor were the two things that I thought came out of the prequels not looking hideously awful.
    I'd add Ray Parks to that list.

Of course, he wasn't handicapped by having to do more than 3 lines of Lucs-written text.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

That wasn't Ray's voice but that of Peter Serafinowicz, a British actor and comedian.

Ray's actual voice was used for Toad in X-men though.

I thought Ewan McGregor was tremendous; practically a badass when he dispatched Grievous and took down Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Ewan McGregor got better and better as Obi-Wan with each prequel. Definitely not bland.
    Nobody got better and better in those movies. I still cringe at McGregor in ROTS saying "you were the chosen one!". So bad. By-number fake delivery.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nobody got better and better in those movies. I still cringe at McGregor in ROTS saying "you were the chosen one!". So bad. By-number fake delivery.
    Lol. I thought that was the best exchange of the series "I have failed you Anakin...I have failed you." It would have been better if Anakin could actually act "Don't make me kill you!". Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Luke killed more people than Vader ever did when he blew up the Death Star.
    Most proper heroic figures from films and literature are walking slaughterhouses.
    He did? I remember Darth Vader blowing up an entire planet and it didn't seem to be the first time either.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    He did? I remember Darth Vader blowing up an entire planet and it didn't seem to be the first time either.
    Tarkin blew up a planet. It was his Death Star, his command. And if you watch the film, blowing up Alderaan was clearly Tarkin's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Tarkin blew up a planet. It was his Death Star, his command. And if you watch the film, blowing up Alderaan was clearly Tarkin's idea.
    ...and even if you blame Vader (which would give him a death toll way over Lukes), it clearly is the first time.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...