View Poll Results: Should Wonder Woman keep her World War 2 History

Voters
13. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

3 23.08%
  • A timetravel story in where she fights in WW2

1 7.69%
  • Hippoltya should be the Golden Age Wonder Woman

4 30.77%
  • Depends on the writer

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What about the invisible plane, if you keep her ww2 history she didn't fly. Why do some even hate the plane?

Because it didnt have a place to belong after Crisis. Wait, maybe before. When did she start to glide on air currents? Must have been before right? Sorry, been a long day.

Anyway, when Diana started to glide, and then later on, fly, the invisible plane stopped having a purpose. She could get around faster with it, carry other people, and Im sure it was better for her hair, but fans just didnt get in line with it. It was redundant.

Add to that, its a robot plane, an invisible one, created by a group of people who in all honesty have no reason to have such a thing. Why would the Amazons, insular and xenophobic and untouched as they are, need an invisible plane?

To many, it feels like a square peg being forced into a round hole. And Wonder Woman fans hate that sort of thing. (see what I did there?)

Me, I always liked it. Its origins make little sense, though several excuses have been built around it, but its such a stupid cool idea and done right makes for a really interesting addition to Diana's arsenal. Imagine her fighting, like she does, leaping and punching and being amazing, and now add in a highly advanced stealth fighter with metahuman caliber weaponry, controlled mentally. There's a whole lot of big screen epic fight sequences to be built out of that.

Well, in the golden age the amazons did have the magic sphere and were able to make advance technology but if we change it for the amazons to monitor the man's world progress and see the man's world head to war, then the amazons will send a amazons to help stop the war. As well as changing their tech to more mystic. Like Crystal armor and some other forms of mystic tech, and some be model after our tech.The invisible plane could easily repair be by repair mystic tech. causing the plane to be invisible heck, may even do others things.

The golden age was 70 years ago is is not really relevant anymore.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I know, I'm just saying on how we could change somethings if it were to be adopted in modern comics. That's why I brought it up.

I'm perfectly happy with no invisible plane at all. Infinitely preferable to having the damn thing back again.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with no invisible plane at all. Infinitely preferable to having the damn thing back again.
    I bet you hate Krypto to...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I bet you hate Krypto to...
    It's a dog. That's reason enough for me to dislike him, even without the cape and the powers.

It's a dog. That's reason enough for me to dislike him, even without the cape and the powers.
    ...but puppie-wuppies are cutey-wootey!

But dogs are smelly and barky and slobbery and jump-up-at-youey.

And capey, in this case.

But dogs are smelly and barky and slobbery and jump-up-at-youey.

And capey, in this case.
    Does being dead inside bother you?

could she just fight Nazi and world war 2 enemies? I mean you can introduce the rogue gallery later. Again this is for n alt universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Despite not being the first superhero over in Marvel, no one complains that Thor is immortal and has been around for thousands of years.
    Thor was never a superhero until Blake. Prior to that, he was meant to be a blood-thirsty, arrogant jerk with a lot of power.

And isn't this aspect of the character blatantly ignored 99% of the timel for Cap?
    No, it never is.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Thor was never a superhero until Blake. Prior to that, he was meant to be a blood-thirsty, arrogant jerk with a lot of power.
    I'm not saying Diana should have been a hero for 3000 years. I just never understood why it was a problem that she would be hundreds of years old before making her debut, or that she would retain her immortality in the comics.

A mythic immortal hero isn't a bad thing and it's something that DC lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm not saying Diana should have been a hero for 3000 years. I just never understood why it was a problem that she would be hundreds of years old before making her debut, or that she would retain her immortality in the comics.

A mythic immortal hero isn't a bad thing and it's something that DC lacks.
    Diana being hundreds of years old makes me wonder about her...first why is she on that island and never once decided to come out and see what the world had to offer...that's she'd be happily passive to a world outside I feel does nothing for her. Also the idea she'd be accepting of the misandristic beliefs of her sister Amazons for centuries? Makes no sense to me.

It's why I prefer the young, inquisitive, rebellious to her mother's wishes Diana. She is different than them because she doesn't house bitterness/mistrust of men and makes sense why she would want to leave etc. The Nazi thing is too Captain America now. Superman and Batman don't have to fight Nazis in modern times to feel relevant or authentic.