Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post

That would be interesting. Granted, not much in common between Greece and the UK, but at least you'd get some Herc/Dane banter. There are Celtic Gods you could use, but they're not exactly well known.
    Hercules wouldn't have any more in common with your average greek person than he would a brit. he's a traveler by nature and a bit of an anachronism. i'm not sure that he even fits in with the other olympians. that's why i thought he'd be a good fit. most versions of Excalibur have been eclectic. their adventures take them all over the place. their enemies are diverse. it almost be a waste to put a celtic god on the team since Excalibur (or whatever group) will probably run into them anyways. unlike those gods, Hercules has already shown a willingness to be part of the world. he's an outcast among the deities. but, again, it's only one suggestion. i'm still basing this mostly on Dane and Herc being a good buddy pairing.

----------

as for another international team (separate from whatever mainstream grouping Captain Britain heads up), i might suggest Interpol actively recruiting superhumans and costumed adventurers. my idea would be for it to be a repurposed Contessa Allegra de Fontaine's idea. she's kind of dropped back into limbo now that Nick Fury has been put out to pasture. i can't imagine her staying inactive for long. and she has some real talent as a supervisor. i figure she starts with the characters from Union Jack's last mini (sabra, arabian knight, and Chapman). i'm lukewarm on the arabian unless they can flesh his personality out a bit more. i think that there needs to be more to him than the magic sash and sword.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...h-616)_001.jpg

otherwise, i would love it if Nightcrawler returned to the land of the living and rejoined Braddock and whatever's available for an X-caliburesque team. maybe Amanda Sefton can be revived, as well; to give Kurt more of a reason to stick around. they already have Dane and Faiza. Meggan would naturally be around. Blade, i'd probably move over to Union Jack's darker themed team.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

1. Captain Britain
    2. Gloriana
    3. Nightcrawler
    4. Amanda Sefton
    5. Hercules
    6. Black Knight
    7. Excalibur
    -------
    Pete Wisdom (liason)

1. Union Jack
    2. Sabra
    3. Micromax
    4. Tangerine (maybe a tad more action-oriented than one would expect a psion to be)
    5. Blade
    6. Yelena Belova (continuing the tradition of black widows defecting)
    --------
    Contessa Allegra de Fontaine

i want there to be a place for Spitfire. but i worry that drama of a love triangle would take too much attention away from the action. i'm also kind of waiting to see what happens with Jim Hammond in Secret Avengers. i could see both characters rejoining the Invaders or V-batallion.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Bah! I'm bloody sick of Americans being in other countries.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Hercules wouldn't have any more in common with your average greek person than he would a brit. he's a traveler by nature and a bit of an anachronism. i'm not sure that he even fits in with the other olympians. that's why i thought he'd be a good fit. most versions of Excalibur have been eclectic. their adventures take them all over the place. their enemies are diverse.

I actually kinda agree. Excalibur have always been a little eclectic, agreed. Although it's always been at its strongest when rooted in Britain, it needs the odd outside element. Herc could really work. I think the banter could be good, and I actually think having him and Brian on the team could be interesting. Herc's very much part of the adventure and joy of magic, myth and fantasy. Where as Brian touches on the same, but from a far more scientific and logical application of it. The way the two might deal with similar themes and scenarios could have some decent mileage in it :)

it almost be a waste to put a celtic god on the team since Excalibur (or whatever group) will probably run into them anyways. unlike those gods, Hercules has already shown a willingness to be part of the world. he's an outcast among the deities. but, again, it's only one suggestion. i'm still basing this mostly on Dane and Herc being a good buddy pairing.

No, good call. And the trouble with using the Celtic Gods is that really they just aren't KNOWN to readers. Herc's much more of a name.

as for another international team (separate from whatever mainstream grouping Captain Britain heads up), i might suggest Interpol actively recruiting superhumans and costumed adventurers. my idea would be for it to be a repurposed Contessa Allegra de Fontaine's idea. she's kind of dropped back into limbo now that Nick Fury has been put out to pasture. i can't imagine her staying inactive for long. and she has some real talent as a supervisor. i figure she starts with the characters from Union Jack's last mini (sabra, arabian knight, and Chapman). i'm lukewarm on the arabian unless they can flesh his personality out a bit more. i think that there needs to be more to him than the magic sash and sword.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...h-616)_001.jpg

I loved that Union Jack mini. It was a great premise. Not sure about the Contessa, though. First revealed as a Skrull. Then the real Contessa was shown to have been part of HYDRA all along, in Secret Warriors, and killed Madame Hydra in order to take her place. I'm not actually sure of her current status, but I think she was jailed.

otherwise, i would love it if Nightcrawler returned to the land of the living and rejoined Braddock and whatever's available for an X-caliburesque team. maybe Amanda Sefton can be revived, as well; to give Kurt more of a reason to stick around. they already have Dane and Faiza. Meggan would naturally be around. Blade, i'd probably move over to Union Jack's darker themed team.

1. Captain Britain
    2. Gloriana
    3. Nightcrawler
    4. Amanda Sefton
    5. Hercules
    6. Black Knight
    7. Excalibur
    -------
    Pete Wisdom (liason)

1. Union Jack
    2. Sabra
    3. Micromax
    4. Tangerine (maybe a tad more action-oriented than one would expect a psion to be)
    5. Blade
    --------

I actually really like both those line-ups. And it would be absolutely great to have Nightcrawler and Amanda back. I always felt Kurt's death to have been really cheap. The fact that we then got Age of Apocalypse's Nightcrawler imported into the Marvel Universe just goes to show how much he was missed. On Excalibur he was awesome. Kinda wasted on the X-Men.

i want there to be a place for Spitfire. but i worry that drama of a love triangle would take too much attention away from the action. i'm also kind of waiting to see what happens with Jim Hammond in Secret Avengers. i could see both characters rejoining the Invaders or V-batallion.

Yeah. I worry what may happen to Jim to be honest. I somewhat doubt he's coming out of that arc intact... :(
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Falsworth Groundskeeper highwayguy's Avatar

1. Captain Britain
    2. Gloriana
    3. Nightcrawler
    4. Amanda Sefton
    5. Hercules
    6. Black Knight
    7. Excalibur
    -------
    Pete Wisdom (liason)

1. Union Jack
    2. Sabra
    3. Micromax
    5. Blade
    --------

Sweet. Maverick (in his classic costume or, at least, a variation of it) would fit in well with Union Jack's team.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Sweet. Maverick (in his classic costume or, at least, a variation of it) would fit in well with Union Jack's team.

What's the status of Christoph Nord, these days? Wasn't he depowered on M-Day?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

What's the status of Christoph Nord, these days? Wasn't he depowered on M-Day?
    I think he's still operating. I don't read Wolverine so I'm not sure. This is the only entry I can find of his activities after M-Day.

Recentlly Maverick stole Weapon X files and sold theam on the black market. In an effort to cover up his involvement in Kick-starting the Strikeforce X program from Wolverine, he killed the man whom he sold the files to.
    And looking like this.

Mmm, not for me, thanks. Give me classic Maverick any day of the week. He's always been a character that stands for me. And it wouldn't be the first time his mutant abilities remarkably return.

I just hope that Marvel don't want to follow the film version. I hated that portrayal of Mavrick/Agent Zero.
    Last edited by highwayguy; 01-17-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

Absolutely. Maverick should revert to his classic appearance. That makeover looks awful.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Absolutely. Maverick should revert to his classic appearance. That makeover looks awful.
    Definitely. I finally managed to get my hands on the Maverick from the 90's last year. Damn fun read with fantastic villains. No broody hitman costumes in sight.
    WE NEED YOU!!

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Why Warpath, he's not British. But yeah, I'd get anything with Warpath, that guy needs some love.

Definitely. I finally managed to get my hands on the Maverick from the 90's last year. Damn fun read with fantastic villains. No broody hitman costumes in sight.

And Jim Cheung artwork, years before the masses thought it was cool! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Why Warpath, he's not British. But yeah, I'd get anything with Warpath, that guy needs some love.

Exactly. I don't dislike Warpath, at all. Putting him on a British team seems pretty illogical, but he'd fit easily on an X-Force style book.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

I loved that Union Jack mini. It was a great premise. Not sure about the Contessa, though. First revealed as a Skrull. Then the real Contessa was shown to have been part of HYDRA all along, in Secret Warriors, and killed Madame Hydra in order to take her place. I'm not actually sure of her current status, but I think she was jailed.
    yeah, it was confusing. but the last issue of Secret Warriors had Nick deciding that he was going to spring her from jail. he hasn't given up hope in her for some reason. as for Hammond, i kind of expect him to take Father's spot; leading whatever is left of the Descendants. i think i'd rather he return to the V-Batallion.

I think he's still operating. I don't read Wolverine so I'm not sure. This is the only entry I can find of his activities after M-Day.

And looking like this.

Mmm, not for me, thanks. Give me classic Maverick any day of the week. He's always been a character that stands for me. And it wouldn't be the first time his mutant abilities remarkably return.

I just hope that Marvel don't want to follow the film version. I hated that portrayal of Mavrick/Agent Zero.
    that isn't even as bad as his strange makeover for the Weapon X series. he had an acid touch instead of impact absorption, for some reason.

definately would. i remember liking Maverick back when he was showing up in jim lee-drawn x-men. he has some wonky continuity, though.

I don't know about Excalibur, even still. Excalibur has always failed when they've trued to relaunch the book as a random mutant dumping ground. It lasted 125 issues originally, but only because a team consisting primarily of Captain Britain, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Meggan and Rachel worked so damn well. That's Excalibur. It was arguably improved by adding Pete Wisdom and Colossus, but if you try to launch an Excalibur book without that lineup it's just not the same.

I do remain bewildered as to how it is the only X-Men satelite title NOT to have be relaunched with at least the majority of its original lineup. It seems like a total no brainer for success, but to date it just hasn't happened.
    It's the same as every relaunch of Alpha Flight or New Warriors, or any other property with a fan base. They say "fans, we hear you," but rather than giving what the fans want, they bring the book back with mostly new members, or with altered originals. When the books don't sell, they say "we tried, but it doesn't work." Captain Britain, Meggan, Kitty (I still want to call her Shadowcat), and Phoenix (just so Rachel can piss everyone off-LOL) would do well together, but with the current state of the X-books, I don't see Kitty and Rachel leaving to go back to the UK. It would be better for Excalibur not to be used than to launch it with Kylun, Cerise, and a bunch of new guys.

As for Warpath, similar to what one poster said, it would be ok for him to be on a team that didn't have a book, but made appearances in others. It would be good if he and other mutants branched out and joined teams that were not strictly X-teams.