Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    The title of this book could be misconstrued as a comic about sex change operations. ;)

Seriously though these are Marvels most popular female characters. If BoP was really DC's version of this book, Wonder Woman would be leading the team or it would be only Batfamily women. BoP was never supposed to be a powerhouse whose who of female characters.
    Even if Wondy was a member of BOP (have to instantly code-name her some winged critter though!), Wonder Woman, despite being an all-time legendary iconic hero, is still not in the popularity range as X-Men, the past twenty-two years or so.

Sorry, love Storm, half the time (when there's no diplomatic mumbo-jumbo goin' on, thank you very much, Black Panther!), but the mohawk; if it's tacky in the eighties, won't make it any less tackier today.

Estimation on how long such an X-Title would last today: 24, if lucky. Sorry ladies, but also applies to Cyclops present and Cyclops past's titles too - but it won't be a wholly successful long-term X-Title without Marvel's 2nd cash cow, Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Even if Wondy was a member of BOP (have to instantly code-name her some winged critter though!), Wonder Woman, despite being an all-time legendary iconic hero, is still not in the popularity range as X-Men, the past twenty-two years or so.
    whoa! thems fightin words!

no, i get what your saying. Wonder Woman hasnt sold as well as the X books, but i really dont see a Storm solo book out selling her.

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    They really couldn't have called them the X-Women?
    Female X-Men have always been referred to as X-Men. That's the point.

I think marvel has spread the same character extremely thin and have way to many team books over all. If they double ship it at 3.99 it will not get that High at all.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

You forgot about Fearless Defenders from Marvel as well, they have two female teams now.

I will be giving both of these books a buy, one because it looks really good (Fearless Defenders) and two because I told my brother that if they ever made a all female x-men team with Psylocke I would give it a read. (X-men).

But in the long run I have been a BoP fan for a while now, I am not willing to drop it, unless Christy messes it up to much, that its not to my liking, and ignores some big stories that were not wrapped up.

But I hope for the best, with all of these titles, I think we need more of these and I got what I wanted. So yay!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

These are two titles that, I don't think are in direct competition. The success or failure of Birds falls squarely on the creative team and editorial.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    I think marvel has spread the same character extremely thin and have way to many team books over all. If they double ship it at 3.99 it will not get that High at all.
    First point I agree. The second, hell naw. Marvel and X-books in particular do team books better. Wolverine and the X-Men is way better than Wolverine. Double shipping is cool and all, 3.99 never is.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know if it really matters. It's an X-book. In general, I think people would either buy an X-book or avoid it like the plague.
    That's how I think it is. Marvel may make a female hero team book, but it will be for Marvel fans. I have absolutely no interest in the X-Men and the whole universe of whiny, misunderstood mutants. If it were up to me, I would take the Vaught American solution. BOP will do well or die based on how that book is handled in the Bat world.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

I don't think these titles will even be in competition. And I used to love X-men but marvel and the characters I used to love are so different now, I don't even care to keep up with them.
    Chill!

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Freeze View Post
    And I used to love X-men but marvel and the characters I used to love are so different now, I don't even care to keep up with them.
    This isn't a shot at Seattle Freeze by any means; but can we all just take a moment and appreciate the irony of the fact that this statement is being made about Marvel, not DC?

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

The characters and feel of X-Men are completely different than what they stood for when I was a kid. However, Batman and his allies are very much the same. The tone and setting has changed but the core values, at least to me, have not.
    Chill!

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    So if this X-men team is all-female shouldn't they call themlseves x-women?
    Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    They really couldn't have called them the X-Women?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Female X-Men have always been referred to as X-Men. That's the point.
    Why not "XX-People" then?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How about "XXX-Women"?
    Chill!

No Squirrel Girl, no sale.

Also, it is apparent from this thread that many people are unaware that "bird" is a slang term for a woman. Wonder Woman would not need a bird-themed name to join. For the most iconic part of the team's run, only two of the four women had an avian-themed name.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Freeze View Post
    How about "XXX-Women"?
    It would be on my pull list the day after it was announced.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel