Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm pretty sure he stated that he read Trunks' mind, but I might be misremembering.
    He said he searched his feelings, so I think that would be empathy, right?

  2. #17
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,572

    Default

    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  3. #18
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Relativistic just means an actual percentage of light (starting at 1 on), which would be multiple thousands of mach and up. I figured that was something everyone here could agree on.
    Where did you get that definition of "relativistic"? And why is 1% any more of an "actual percentage" than 0.00000000001%?

    1% of light speed doesn't begin to move the needle on the special theory of relativity. Which is the one that, you know, takes velocity into account - you need to be at HIGH percentages of light before velocity starts to matter, relativistically. When people talk relativistic speed, they are talking close to light speed - speeds where relativity comes into play.

  4. #19
    Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    "Why is you did not avoid me?" Not exactly a translation I would trust.

    At any rate, it's either telepathy or ki sense that is indistinguishable from telepathy, and given that Goku's ki sense is already known to have extended to outright mindreading and listening in on telepathic conversations between planes that he isn't supposed to be privvy to, there's essentially no line between the two at this point.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  5. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Where did you get that definition of "relativistic"? And why is 1% any more of an "actual percentage" than 0.00000000001%?

    1% of light speed doesn't begin to move the needle on the special theory of relativity. Which is the one that, you know, takes velocity into account - you need to be at HIGH percentages of light before velocity starts to matter, relativistically. When people talk relativistic speed, they are talking close to light speed - speeds where relativity comes into play.
    Because that's what it means. Once you get into even the lowest percentages of light, time starts to dilate to a degree, according to Einstein's theory. So, essentially, anything around 6,000 mach + falls under that.

    People say "high relativity" or "significant fraction of light" when they're talking about "approaching light."

  6. #21
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    "Why is you did not avoid me?" Not exactly a translation I would trust.

    At any rate, it's either telepathy or ki sense that is indistinguishable from telepathy, and given that Goku's ki sense is already known to have extended to outright mindreading and listening in on telepathic conversations between planes that he isn't supposed to be privvy to, there's essentially no line between the two at this point.
    Even if it was telepathy what does it do in regards to this scenario? It doesn't translate to telepathic defenses. If they for some reason try to get into a mental battle with anyone they'd be screwed. I don't know why they'd bother though, they can blow up Professor X just fine before he does anything. Otherwise any DBZ'er would be left a drooling mess.

    On the other hand if there are other Marvel heroes who could protect the Prof long enough for him to lay down a mental whammy that isn't good..

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So. How exactly are the mental defences of the DBZ guys against Prof X? Can they do much to Klaw? Or Ultron? At this stage in their development, would they still blitz Thor?
    They'd blitz Thor easily well before this stage in their development. As for Klaw, he's made of sound so maybe they can't outright destroy him, but what can he do to them?

    Edit: Oh, wait. Scratch all of that. Monica Rambeau. The Zeus-hurting girl. Can they live with her at all?
    Depends on how powerful Marvel Zeus is I guess. Also was this "she hurts him to the point where she could defeat him" or "she surprises Zeus and manages to hurt him a tiny bit, but would get beaten down by him nonetheless" ?
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-16-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  7. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    As for Klaw, he's made of sound so maybe they can't outright destroy him, but what can he do to them?
    They can punch Klaw, which when done with superstrength of fairly high level tends to be very effective in knocking out the dude.

  8. #23
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Even if it was telepathy what does it do in regards to this scenario? It doesn't translate to telepathic defenses. If they for some reason try to get into a mental battle with anyone they'd be screwed. I don't know why they'd bother though, they can blow up Professor X just fine before he does anything. Otherwise any DBZ'er would be left a drooling mess.

    On the other hand if there are other Marvel heroes who could protect the Prof long enough for him to lay down a mental whammy that isn't good..



    They'd blitz Thor easily well before this stage in their development. As for Klaw, he's made of sound so maybe they can't outright destroy him, but what can he do to them?



    Depends on how powerful Marvel Zeus is I guess. Also was this "she hurts him to the point where she could defeat him" or "she surprises Zeus and manages to hurt him a tiny bit, but would get beaten down by him nonetheless" ?
    She actually caused him pain. Her advantage here is that she's LOADS faster than anyone else, and from what I gather about the DBZ people at that phase, she should have no problem actually hurting them.

  9. #24
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    They can punch Klaw, which when done with superstrength of fairly high level tends to be very effective in knocking out the dude.
    I see, well then Klaw is basically a non-issue. Though I guess one can wonder what strength of a "fairly high level" means here? If it takes like..Thor level strength they're in trouble.

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She actually caused him pain. Her advantage here is that she's LOADS faster than anyone else, and from what I gather about the DBZ people at that phase, she should have no problem actually hurting them.
    I know she's supposed to be lightspeed, but what are her best speed feats again?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  10. #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Depends on how powerful Marvel Zeus is I guess. Also was this "she hurts him to the point where she could defeat him" or "she surprises Zeus and manages to hurt him a tiny bit, but would get beaten down by him nonetheless" ?
    From what I'm seeing in searching for this on the Internet, she released practically all her power (to the point where she has to fake having any more) and dropped him to a knee, then he gets up and blasts everyone away. it looks like a low showing for Zeus in general, but I can't find the whole book.

  11. #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Though I guess one can wonder what strength of a "fairly high level" means here? If it takes like..Thor level strength they're in trouble.
    The Thing did it several times in several different encounters over three decades.

  12. #27
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    From what I'm seeing in searching for this on the Internet, she released practically all her power (to the point where she has to fake having any more) and dropped him to a knee, then he gets up and blasts everyone away. it looks like a low showing for Zeus in general, but I can't find the whole book.
    True, more or less.

    But (and I know we don't take anecdotal statements - I'm just putting it in for colour context) Thor, having seen this, basically said "Shit of the Allfather! The Odinson hath never witnessed someone busteth Zeus' arse thusly!"
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  13. #28
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    From what I'm seeing in searching for this on the Internet, she released practically all her power (to the point where she has to fake having any more) and dropped him to a knee, then he gets up and blasts everyone away. it looks like a low showing for Zeus in general, but I can't find the whole book.
    I mean..barring any more hugely impressive feats from Zeus? I'd hate to see what Goku unloading on the guy would do then. I've heard Thor could sort of make Zeus work for it. I've also heard Zeus can go "lol no" to Thor so..who knows.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  14. #29
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I mean..barring any more hugely impressive feats from Zeus? I'd hate to see what Goku unloading on the guy would do then. I've heard Thor could sort of make Zeus work for it. I've also heard Zeus can go "lol no" to Thor so..who knows.
    Well, don't get me wrong, Zeus is hugely powerful since he's literally par with Odin just by his stated nature (which you can pull from Hercules' more cosmic adventures in his book), but from what I can see of the pages, he's not presented at that level in that issue (ie, Odin's higher feats). I don't mind taking it as fact, but it seems to be a bit of "Zeus is presented as lower-end than he actually is, in the grand scheme of things" combined with "she hasn't had any effect on anyone nearly that level before, but then again, she never released ALL of her power like that." Right before that, she released a tiny blast and hit Zeus in the arm and he said "ow" which is FAR greater than blasts of those level have shown effect from her.

    Even if you grant her that as a feat - she takes out one guy, leaving 15 more to take care of everyone else, since it drains all of her power to make him go down on one knee for a second.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Even if it was telepathy what does it do in regards to this scenario? It doesn't translate to telepathic defenses. If they for some reason try to get into a mental battle with anyone they'd be screwed. I don't know why they'd bother though, they can blow up Professor X just fine before he does anything. Otherwise any DBZ'er would be left a drooling mess.

    On the other hand if there are other Marvel heroes who could protect the Prof long enough for him to lay down a mental whammy that isn't good..
    How good is Magneto's shields? If there was any time to set it up, Magneto might be able to give Professor X the time he needs. Also, could the Absorbing Man get able to handle one of Goku's blast?

    It also depends on the scenario. If it is an arena battle (and everyone is fighting each other at once), DBZ should blitz the Marvel heroes. If the Marvel Heroes get to travel around a bit and explore, it then becomes a stomp in the other direction. Doom and Mr. Fantastic get prep Time to examine Namek Technology.

    It might have been more fun, if the DBZ guys went to Battle World instead. Goku fighting the influence of the Venom symbiotic would have been interesting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •