Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I hope it doesn't happen in the past but I'm happy we're getting a Riddler Story under Snyder.

Riddler is in my top 3 favorite Batman Rogues so I hope we see him raised to a new level

I like the idea of a least part of it happening in the past. It would be great for Riddler to have a massive, complex puzzle of the plan that takes years to unfold.
    Chill!

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Freeze View Post
    I like the idea of a least part of it happening in the past. It would be great for Riddler to have a massive, complex puzzle of the plan that takes years to unfold.
    Alright, now that is a good idea. A story set in the past where Riddler sets up a massive puzzle that unfolds in a later story.

That would be cool

I actually quiet like the idea of a 'Year One'-esq Batman story. The zero issues actually managed to skirt the issue of Batman's early career in the new 52 for the most part...so I'd be glad to see Snyder take a crack at it.

Does it really matter?

As long as the story is good, I don't care when it's set.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

As long as Edward stays his charming self I think it's all good. However I would be remiss if they decided to pull a joker on him, or worse, remove him from his post as the Riddler. That would be depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's not set in the past. This is just a report Rich has been wrong on for a few months now. And Bleeding Cool has been wrong several times, just some times get some things write like Scott Snyder on Superman.
    What if I'm right on this one too? Still hearing its a Riddler story that will follow Batman #0...

Oh and it was Scott Snyder and Jim Lee on Man Of Steel. DC only just confirmed the latter...

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Does it really matter?

As long as the story is good, I don't care when it's set.
    Yes. I find prequels don't have the same suspense and tension. You know everybody is going to live, you know the bad guy is going to prison. And it doesn't further the plot of what is going on currently in Gotham.
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

I'd love for Snyder to take a whack at a story set in the past. It'd be cool if he made it a little more light hearted - of course still serious due to Riddler being a real menace, but just a little easier than the gritty Joker story we're (mostly) enjoying now.

I just don't know how plausible it is - DotF is pretty much promising a shocking ending that will supposedly change Batman's direction. I would expect to see Riddler using his riddles to torment an already devastated Batman in the present day more than I would expect them to take a long break from the modern continuity for a flash back story. It'd sort of take the wind out of the sails of the DotF finale, honestly.

Either way though, as a user said earlier, as long as it's a good story I wouldn't mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Yes. I find prequels don't have the same suspense and tension. You know everybody is going to live, you know the bad guy is going to prison. And it doesn't further the plot of what is going on currently in Gotham.
    I feel like you're one of the few who can't enjoy a story just because you know the whereabouts of a character later in their timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    I'd love for Snyder to take a whack at a story set in the past. It'd be cool if he made it a little more light hearted - of course still serious due to Riddler being a real menace, but just a little easier than the gritty Joker story we're (mostly) enjoying now.

I just don't know how plausible it is - DotF is pretty much promising a shocking ending that will supposedly change Batman's direction. I would expect to see Riddler using his riddles to torment an already devastated Batman in the present day more than I would expect them to take a long break from the modern continuity for a flash back story. It'd sort of take the wind out of the sails of the DotF finale, honestly.

Either way though, as a user said earlier, as long as it's a good story I wouldn't mind either way.

I feel like you're one of the few who can't enjoy a story just because you know the whereabouts of a character later in their timelines.
    Actually you are bringing up another point that is, IMO, in my favor.
    I am firmly against Arkham 3 being set in the past, after what happened at the end of AC, just so they can have that, oh so pivotal villain in it. I want to see Batman move on, after someone who played such a large role in his life died.
    And with Riddler arc, I want to see Bruce cope. I mean, we'll have 3 issues to sort of simmer down, btw. But yeah, I want to see the family move forward, you know? It wouldn't ruin the arc, by any means, but I don't want to have to wait until 2014 to find out more after DotF.

Actually you are bringing up another point that is, IMO, in my favor.
    I am firmly against Arkham 3 being set in the past, after what happened at the end of AC, just so they can have that, oh so pivotal villain in it. I want to see Batman move on, after someone who played such a large role in his life died.
    And with Riddler arc, I want to see Bruce cope. I mean, we'll have 3 issues to sort of simmer down, btw. But yeah, I want to see the family move forward, you know? It wouldn't ruin the arc, by any means, but I don't want to have to wait until 2014 to find out more after DotF.
    Yeah I can see where you're coming from there. I wouldn't want to wait that long either. Just saying that if it did happen, i wouldn't let it bother me haha. I'd just try my best to enjoy the story and wait out the modern day stories. Gotta admit it'd add a whole new level of suspense lol. But again, yeah, I'd way rather see Riddler toy with Bruce in the modern day - following whatever tragedy Joker brings.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    Yeah I can see where you're coming from there. I wouldn't want to wait that long either. Just saying that if it did happen, i wouldn't let it bother me haha. I'd just try my best to enjoy the story and wait out the modern day stories. Gotta admit it'd add a whole new level of suspense lol. But again, yeah, I'd way rather see Riddler toy with Bruce in the modern day - following whatever tragedy Joker brings.
    I'm sure it'll be good either way
    I hope there is a tragedy in DotF
    I'm hoping Snyder has Riddler say real riddles. A lot of the time his "riddles" are crappy questions.
    I also hope (I'm taking this one to the bank) that the 2 part story featuring a popular rogue is Two Face

I hope so, I've been wanting a Snyder Two-Face story for quite some time. I was hoping he'd be the Annual's villain before I found out it was Mr. Freeze. Which by the way, I thought was awesome haha

IMO it's all in how it's done. Prequel, sequel, whatever.

http://1979semifinalist.podomatic.co...00_30_52-08_00

in this podcast he talks about how he writes riddler.
    1. He says Riddler won't be a saw type villain because that isn't Riddler to him
    2. he says Riddler believes in a question that can "bring gotham and batman to their knees" and that he uses this question as the basis for his story essentially.