Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ugdave View Post
    Just came to mind that the Knight piece in chess is a horse...
    Oooo that's true. Nice!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Very interesting points. Either way this thing goes I bet we'll all open up the entire run and see just how complicated Snyder has made this. Similar to Black Mirror.
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 01-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Very interesting points. Either way this thing goes I bet we'll all open up the entire run and see just how complicated Snyder has made this. Similar to Black Mirror.
    Man I hope so. I just read all 4 issues of DotF last night, and it actually didn't read well imo. Kind of the opposite of Owls in that respect, as that arc actually reads pretty well in one sitting. But if Snyder nails the landing it'll be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Man I hope so. I just read all 4 issues of DotF last night, and it actually didn't read well imo. Kind of the opposite of Owls in that respect, as that arc actually reads pretty well in one sitting. But if Snyder nails the landing it'll be all good.
    I haven't reread the whole thing in one sitting but I suspected as much. :(

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I haven't reread the whole thing in one sitting but I suspected as much. :(
    Well it wasn't THAT bad, just not as electrifying as the singles is all. They've all been stellar on their own

Okay so here's my prediction for the shocking ending

alfred goes to blow joker away, and bruce tries to stop him, but somehow accidentally ends up killing alfred and joker dies anyways, with a smile

maybe there's even some faces switched around in there

bruce keeps his morals intact, and everyone is unforgivably angry at him
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

At this point I'm not predicting the ending because I don't think I really need to.

1. The Joker has historically been vain, and made his trade on his very face. His face is his actual Brand. Now he's destroyed it.
    1.5. DC trades on The Joker's infamy via his face, and they've allowed it to be removed with no indication of how it could be "reversed" back to comic book status quo.
    2. The Joker has historically never cared who Batman is, not one bit. Now he claims that he does.
    3. The Joker LIVES on new material and changing his game. Now he's doing a "Greatest Hits" walk down memory lane. He's even acting wistful and nostalgic.
    4. Joker called it a danse macabre, that's a dance of death. Last time was Batman, R.I.P.

The ending seems incredibly obvious. This is Joker's suicide, and he wants it to mean something to Batman.

Joker, R.I.P.
    Last edited by Retro315; 01-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Brilliant issue. Loved it.

I need to know what was on the plate ASAP.

Next month can't come quick enough.

I need to know what negan did to carl

and I need to know what's on the plate

right nao

I'm like a cat surrounded by closed doors

If you aren't familiar with that, they start saying things like 'OH GOD LET ME IN LET ME IN WHAT ARE YOU DOING BEHIND THERE? UUUUUUUGGGGGGFFFFFGHHHHH GOD'

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    At this point I'm not predicting the ending because I don't think I really need to.

1. The Joker has historically been vain, and made his trade on his very face. His face is his actual Brand. Now he's destroyed it.
    1.5. DC trades on The Joker's infamy via his face, and they've allowed it to be removed with no indication of how it could be "reversed" back to comic book status quo.
    2. The Joker has historically never cared who Batman is, not one bit. Now he claims that he does.
    3. The Joker LIVES on new material and changing his game. Now he's doing a "Greatest Hits" walk down memory lane. He's even acting wistful and nostalgic.
    4. Joker called it a danse macabre, that's a dance of death. Last time was Batman, R.I.P.

The ending seems incredibly obvious. This is Joker's suicide, and he wants it to mean something to Batman.

Joker, R.I.P.
    One of my, as well as many others, original theories was that this was Joker's "endgame." You have just posted a list that seems to portray clear evidence at this being the set-up, very nice. However you mention there is no indication of how his face situation could be "reversed to comic book status quo." I think we both know that there is no real status quo when it comes to comic book reverses. They could make up any reason - a cross-over with another hero that leads to him dunking his face into an inter-galactic tank that reverts his facial features to a past version .... or something. Hey, not saying I could write it, just saying DC has done weirder things.

But again, very nice list that seems to be pointing out the obvious. Joker will never really stay dead but it'd be really cool to see a Joker "death" story. Usually those are saved for heroes but, again, it'd be a cool change of pace.

I have no idea how this is going to end and I have no desire to predict since my expectations would end up being wrong but I hope we find out WHY Joker cut his face off and HOW he has lived a year without it.
    Chill!

I think DotF relies more on suspense and tension than CotO does. The danger is always present and the individual issues never seem to come to any real conclusions, letting the suspense build, and making you want more. Not having to wait diminishes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post

Joker, R.I.P.
    I don't think it's incredibly obvious, but I do like this theory. All your points seem to make sense, my only nitpick is that I don't think this would qualify as the "unspeakable tragedy" mentioned in the #18 solicit or something that would kill the family, unless there's more than just that. If perhaps both Joker and Alfred (hypothetically) die, then that could work.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

So if joker dies

I'm betting this will be the way he returns:

since his face has rotted beyond repair and he probly knows the identities of the bat-family, someone is going to clone him

bam, new face, no knowledge

make mine DC, thanks

So I remember Snyder saying that Superman would be in DoTF in one of his tweets. Was that it in this issue? Some guard in a Supes costume? I was hoping for the real deal
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Crazy Alfred would be stupid, and like someone said Joker attacked him with a hammer in the comic narrative itself.
    "The first place to start is the scene of Alfred's abduction. We've come up empty on tire treads and any physical evidence, Titus. No fingerprints, hairs, or even shoes with discernible soles."
    - Damian Wayne, Batman and Robin #15