Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

I'm willing to give it a try actually. I just don't find myself that turned off by characters being draw in an overtly sexy way in an attempt to bring in more male readers. That to me is a stylistic choice. I mean Kirby might not be my thing either but it was HIS style. Now if the character in her actions and depictions comes off as stupid or diffident to or dependent on men or is otherwise depicted in an overly sexist way then that will drive me away. It wasn't so much how Catwoman looked that drove me away from that book but instead it was how the character was depicted. If Miss Fury can come off as smart, have fun exciting adventures and look good doing it then more power to her and I'll likely keep reading.

it would be better if they addressed the character as someone who isn't a completely psychotic rage driven monster(Rage Is what they seem to be going for...)hurling through time or maybe that's just her being extra super crazy
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    I'm willing to give it a try actually. I just don't find myself that turned off by characters being draw in an overtly sexy way in an attempt to bring in more male readers. That to me is a stylistic choice.
    With Dynamite's books it's often the case that the character on the cover is way more well endowed that as they're depicted on the inside. Dynamite are small publisher, if they attract more sales that way then power to them. It's the contents that really matter.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldipez View Post
    With Dynamite's books it's often the case that the character on the cover is way more well endowed that as they're depicted on the inside. Dynamite are small publisher, if they attract more sales that way then power to them. It's the contents that really matter.
    Yes, that's my thinking. I actually enjoy the Dejah Thoris title even though she wears no clothes. People need to realize that's one thing that sells and if it isn't the only thing going on then it doesn't need to be a deal breaker. What's going on inside is much more important to me as a reader. For that we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    it would be better if they addressed the character as someone who isn't a completely psychotic rage driven monster(Rage Is what they seem to be going for...)hurling through time or maybe that's just her being extra super crazy
    Wha? Are you basing all your assumtions on a meaningless promotional blurb here?
    In Miss Fury #1, the pulp heroine returns! When Miss Fury foils a wartime plot by Nazi secret agents, she is catapulted through time… or so it seems. Is she really careening from past to future and back, or has she lost her mind? And if her sanity remains intact, can one lone heroine possibly hope to end World War II by herself, a conflict still waged into the year 2013? As witness to generations of bloodshed and violence, Miss Fury has lots of righteous rage… and anger is her fearsome power!
    And, personally, if the Nazis were allowed to carry their atrocities unchecked into the 21st century, I don't think I'd be all calm and mellow, either. (How much have you studied WWII? Have you ever met a survivor of a Nazi concentration camp?)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

it's not so meaningless when it's meant to build interest in the series...what else do we have to base it on? there's no legit proof she isn't a raging crazy person who only acts calm out of costume because the slightest thing could send her over the edge going coo coo for coco puffs
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    it's not so meaningless when it's meant to build interest in the series...what else do we have to base it on? there's no legit proof she isn't a raging crazy person who only acts calm out of costume because the slightest thing could send her over the edge going coo coo for coco puffs
    Well, I guess we'll have to wait until the actual book is out, won't we?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldipez View Post
    That is obviously the tactic of Zenescope and Dynamite. But lets be honest. The women are pretty well endowed on the inside of the book, too. But the books themselves are entertaining and provide good action and horror stories.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Paul Penna

Miss Fury has always interested me, maybe I'll give this a go.

I take it this means the character is in the public domain now?