Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldipez View Post
    Pick up issue #1 then start moaning, don't judge a book by it's cover etc..
    Sure, but like Judge Anderson we go with what visions we've seen so far, even if we don't have the full picture yet. Or we wouldn't have much to discuss in all these previews topics.
    DROKK IT!!

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    the more i think about it the more this really does sound like the script for a crappy hollywood movie
    Then don't buy it.

What I find odd is that if you have no desire to read this title and think its going to suck and fail than why do you continually post in this thread? You spoke your piece, now move along.

Obviously the people within this thread are looking forward to the book and are excited for it, but you won't see us posting continuously in threads based on titles we don't think are going to be any good. That's just......well......stupid.

the more i think about it the more this really does sound like the script for a crappy hollywood movie
    Then stop thinking, maybe?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then stop thinking, maybe?
    That would lead to certain death and I'm not trying to moan or whine but even the writer says its like a typical Hollywood movie
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Then don't buy it.

What I find odd is that if you have no desire to read this title and think its going to suck and fail than why do you continually post in this thread? You spoke your piece, now move along.

Obviously the people within this thread are looking forward to the book and are excited for it, but you won't see us posting continuously in threads based on titles we don't think are going to be any good. That's just......well......stupid.

He wants to read the book. He's looking for somebody to give him a reason beyond it sounding like an interesting concept with a talented writer and artist.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    He wants to read the book. He's looking for somebody to give him a reason beyond it sounding like an interesting concept with a talented writer and artist.
    But the problem is that he claims it sounds like a bad script and that it's "jumbled", on top of that he's singing it's death before its even seen release. If he's that against what he's seen than that's fine but don't continually whine about it as if it's going to change it, it's become trollish and annoying.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Just to clarify, is this a big boobs joke/reference? To me the previews show a fairly common body type, and well there are say tennis players who are more busty than that for example. I also don't see Vampirella to be particularly over-the-top there design wise either. Just a pet peeve of mine, it almost seems like if a pair of breasts is drawn somebody is gonna say they're too big or "unrealistic" etc.

Also, ha well this comparison might be entering pervy territory but it's for art, anyway. I notice you like Witchblade in your sig, I'm a fan as well, isn't Sara portrayed as bigger breasted than either of those characters, at least with the current artists on these books? And of course, there's nothing wrong with that. So why the "my god" for Ms. Fury?
    Come on. Some of those covers were anatomically impossible, even for comics. I am a big Vampirella fan and her body type is not remotely typical, especially for someone who is so action oriented, but she at least looks like she could fit in a planes cockpit. Miss Fury would have trouble reaching the controls.

But I was just having fun poking fun at the covers and I will stand by my statement that the character, from some of those, should be facing off Taki and Ivy in Soul Calibur. And I don't mind playing those characters.

I personally don't mind the large breasted comics heroines. I will even go so far to say that I like them when I don't have to defend it. I read Vampirella because I think her book is a good horror/adventure title and she is a good character. So her body shape and choice of attire are nice benefits. They get you in the door then the story keeps you.

Like you pointed out, I love Witchblade and the Top Cow women are pretty curvy, to say the least. But again, I like the Witchblade title a lot. The stories are good, Sarah is a good character, and taking on seriously hot pagan biker chicks is a plus. If you are fighting an evil cult, they may as well be a sisterhood of strikingly sensual witches.

So I don't have a prudish attitude and if a book with a hot woman in it is just as good as one without her, I will be drawn to the hot woman title. But some of those covers in the preview are really pushing it.
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robbin; 02-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Come on. Some of those covers were anatomically impossible, even for comics. I am a big Vampirella fan and her body type is not remotely typical, especially for someone who is so action oriented, but she at least looks like she could fit in a planes cockpit. Miss Fury would have trouble reaching the controls.
    ---
    So I don't have a prudish attitude and if a book with a hot woman in it is just as good as one without her, I will be drawn to the hot woman title. But some of those covers in the preview are really pushing it.
    I was thinking more about the interiors, but even for the covers you're just incorrect there when you say anatomically impossible. For example, here's a woman who happens to have natural JJ breasts, a lot bigger than in any of those covers http://i47.tinypic.com/xssq0.jpg, and I'm sure she can reach things. There's also a woman who was in the US military recently with even bigger breasts.

You're saying this idea where busty women being active in your fiction isn't believable to you or something, but well... that's an odd notion. Plus again, since you do like Witchblade, it seems especially random to apply that idea to Miss Fury here. Plus if you're saying you actually are fine with it, in what way is it "really pushing it"? I don't think it's even close to pushing it.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-02-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Miss-Fury-1___422018

Miss Fury#1(Regular Cover)Is 35% Off just for this month
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Miss-Fury-1___422018

Miss Fury#1(Regular Cover)Is 35% Off just for this month
    That cover is almost surreal. If someone looks at that thing at just sees that as anything but over the top, I can only shrug and say that it takes breast fetish to the level only seen in Manga and R Crumb comics. But, to each his own. I'll still try the book, but I am not going to pretend that the coloring and shading of the cover is not designed to make your eyes center on her chest as if your pupils were glued there and a woman packing watermelons in spandex is the most normal thing in the world. It is just a matter of degree.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    That cover is almost surreal. If someone looks at that thing at just sees that as anything but over the top, I can only shrug and say that it takes breast fetish to the level only seen in Manga and R Crumb comics. But, to each his own. I'll still try the book, but I am not going to pretend that the coloring and shading of the cover is not designed to make your eyes center on her chest as if your pupils were glued there and a woman packing watermelons in spandex is the most normal thing in the world. It is just a matter of degree.
    Do you say this to women who walk down the street too? Watermelons, really? I know several gals with much bigger breasts than that, and yes it's normal that they'd be noticeable. Who says big breasts are "over the top"? It's all just part of nature. If that cover is surreal to you, what do you call the photo I posted?

You think that same cover image a couple cup sizes smaller would somehow be more tasteful, and that some shapes/sizes of the human body are somehow distasteful? So strange. People come in all shapes and sizes.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-03-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

Animal Man, I like you, I really do, but I think your missing the point. Dynamite takes alot of chances with pulp comics that havent been seen anywhere for awhile, even stuff that is still fairly well known. Who is asking for this you mentioned a few times, well who is asking for Vibe? (round them up and notify the firing squad).

I have never known you to be a Dynamite reader, but your missing the boat by sticking with the main stream drek on your pull list primarily. Branch out a little bit, maybe leave room to try a couple of new books a month. You will be suprised at what you like if you give some other companies a chance.

I like boobies and nazi villains, so count me in. It's about time I give some of these pulp titles a try anyway.
    American Vampire, Atomic Robo, Chew, Fatale, Hoax Hunters, Manhattan Projects, Revival, Saga, The Sixth Gun, The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    Animal Man, I like you, I really do, but I think your missing the point. Dynamite takes alot of chances with pulp comics that havent been seen anywhere for awhile, even stuff that is still fairly well known. Who is asking for this you mentioned a few times, well who is asking for Vibe? (round them up and notify the firing squad).

I have never known you to be a Dynamite reader, but your missing the boat by sticking with the main stream drek on your pull list primarily. Branch out a little bit, maybe leave room to try a couple of new books a month. You will be suprised at what you like if you give some other companies a chance.
    Speaking for myself, what's keeping me from enjoying DC is pretty much the same that's keeping me from enjoying most of Dynamite, Dark Horse, Valiant, Archie's Red Circle, etc. It's all about repackaging and rewriting the original characters instead of actually using the characters as they are. The characters are taken so far off model from their source, that I don't feel any connection to them. They may share the same name, but they aren't the same character at all. As far as pulp titles, I prefer Liss' "Mystery Men" mini for Marvel and the likes of the Black Beetle and Lobster Johnson, because they are actual original creations. They aren't perfect, but at least I don't feel like I'm getting "A" advertising itself as "B".

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

So, is this Catwoman getting so pissed off with how DC's been treating her that she jumped ship to Dynamite?