Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    how can a title like this even survive?
    The Shadow is the driving force of all of Dynamite's pulp books, between that and the success of Masks Dynamite should be able to release a few random Pulp mini's here and there and have them survive quite well. The problem is that Dynamite solicited Miss Fury as an ongoing book and I'm not quite sure that they'll keep their promise on that like they think they will, I'd expect this to get cancelled around issue #6 or #8 due to low sales unless Black Bat really takes off than they would probably keep Miss Fury around because other titles are selling so well that they can afford to.

Heaven knows Dynamite loves taking the axe to their low selling books instead of doing something to beef up the numbers, though....

The curious one.

She's only started appearing in Masks but they seem to be doing ok with the character.

Cool interview with Rob Williams about Miss Fury

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I am not sure about this. The preview pages look like they are right out of a Japanese fighting game. I thought Vampirella had some balance problems but my god, Ms. Fury must have some low back issues.

I haven't read much of the pulps that are doing so well now. I may give this a try and some others. I like stories more than art in comics so if the pulps do have some good ones, I may jump in. I don't mind the violence as long as it is righteous and the bad guys get slaughtered. In a lot of books, the emphasis is on collateral damages with lots of innocents used as fodder for the carnage. That kind of ruins it for me. I want heroes that save people.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldipez View Post
    Cool interview with Rob Williams about Miss Fury
    "a slightly different Marla Drake. When we open she’s kind of immoral and lost, a thief"

So, "slightly different" in that it has nothing to do with the original concept? Can only wonder what a largely different take would be. Guess I won't be getting this after all.

honestly who they expect to buy this title? i didn't see anyone begging for a miss fury title online
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

But yet there are those who will buy it anyway. See, the pulp line by Dynamite has a strong following with titles like Masks and The Shadow selling very well while other titles like The Spider that just sell moderately are gaining high praise, so there is a market for a character like this. If the art is "sexy" enough than maybe they figure they'll draw the crowd that digs comics like that alongside the current (and past) pulp crowd.

Nothing has me convinced this will be a well written title It's just a mess plot wise

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Nothing has me convinced this will be a well written title It's just a mess plot wise
    Wow, you must have read an advanced copy, which is wild because it hasn't even hit the printer yet......

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Wow, you must have read an advanced copy, which is wild because it hasn't even hit the printer yet......

Amazing!
    Sarcasm isn't appreciated what I meant is the plot sounds like it will be all over the place from past present and future ending with World War Two somehow still going in 2013 with many powerful people revealed to be nazi spies

Sounds pretty straightforward to me, but only time will tell if it's any good. Give it a try or at least wait for it to see release before you judge it, it may turnout to be an en excellent book.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Sounds pretty straightforward to me, but only time will tell if it's any good. Give it a try or at least wait for it to see release before you judge it, it may turnout to be an en excellent book.
    Has anything hyped you up for it? I just think nazi villains are a bit outdated in some aspects and this turning into a time traveling street level book gives me nothing but lots of questions too many to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I am not sure about this. The preview pages look like they are right out of a Japanese fighting game. I thought Vampirella had some balance problems but my god, Ms. Fury must have some low back issues.
    Just to clarify, is this a big boobs joke/reference? To me the previews show a fairly common body type, and well there are say tennis players who are more busty than that for example. I also don't see Vampirella to be particularly over-the-top there design wise either. Just a pet peeve of mine, it almost seems like if a pair of breasts is drawn somebody is gonna say they're too big or "unrealistic" etc.

Also, ha well this comparison might be entering pervy territory but it's for art, anyway. I notice you like Witchblade in your sig, I'm a fan as well, isn't Sara portrayed as bigger breasted than either of those characters, at least with the current artists on these books? And of course, there's nothing wrong with that. So why the "my god" for Ms. Fury?
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

the more i think about it the more this really does sound like the script for a crappy hollywood movie

Pick up issue #1 then start moaning, don't judge a book by it's cover etc..