Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Gahhh! I got my niece a subscription to this for her birthday. That sux, She LOVED it. I read a few issues with her, and I thought it was pretty funny. I wish they had a girl centered book, something along the lines of Lil' Wonder Woman I could replace it with. :(
    I'm really bummed out about this.
    Last edited by net06; 01-16-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Gahhh! I got my niece a subscription to this for her birthday. That sux, She LOVED it. I read a few issues with her, and I thought it was pretty funny. I wish they had a girl centered book, something along the lines of Lil' Wonder Woman I could replace it with. :(
    I'm really bummed out about this.
    I never read it, but did you ever see

Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade?

It was a six-issue series, and it looks like the tpb collection is still available through amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Cosm...+the+8th+Grade).

Barnes & Noble's site only has it as "available from other sellers" (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/supe...=9781401225063).
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hate to see any Super titles get canceled.
    Why? Obviously Superman is one of my favourite characters done right but when a book isn't good it should be cut (not saying Family wasn't good, I haven't read it). You could get a new creative team but you could say that for every non creator owned book.

Now I just feel super-guilty (no, not intended to be a pun). I'm not a fan of your typical mainstream comics: not fond of the drawing style in most modern books, loathe decompressed storytelling, hate company mandated crossovers and events, hate continuity that is rewritten so often that no soon as something happens you find out it didn't, hate how seriously the superhero books take themselves - making these wonderful and colorful characters a total drag, ect. ect. ect.

... but I've always loved superheroes, I mean, doesn't everybody? That means the ones I get into are mainly aberrations, and I've been eying SFA since before it began. I've been picking up and thumbing through issues for months and thinking 'this looks great!,' but haven't made a purchase. I know one guy isn't going to make a difference, but I bet there were a lot of other guys (and gals) who were like me.

Hope the entire series gets tpb treatment. That's where kids should get it anyone: kids sections of bookstore, school bookfairs, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

It was a fun series, and the young ones I sometimes read to loved it.

Re Member

It was a six-issue series, and it looks like the tpb collection is still available through amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Supergirl-Cosm...+the+8th+Grade).

Barnes & Noble's site only has it as "available from other sellers" (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/supe...=9781401225063).
    That was an absolutely delightful book, a great version of Supergirl and a very good Superman as well. Here's an article and interview with the creators:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=19031

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    Now I just feel super-guilty (no, not intended to be a pun). I'm not a fan of your typical mainstream comics: not fond of the drawing style in most modern books, loathe decompressed storytelling, hate company mandated crossovers and events, hate continuity that is rewritten so often that no soon as something happens you find out it didn't, hate how seriously the superhero books take themselves - making these wonderful and colorful characters a total drag, ect. ect. ect.

... but I've always loved superheroes, I mean, doesn't everybody? That means the ones I get into are mainly aberrations, and I've been eying SFA since before it began. I've been picking up and thumbing through issues for months and thinking 'this looks great!,' but haven't made a purchase. I know one guy isn't going to make a difference, but I bet there were a lot of other guys (and gals) who were like me.

Hope the entire series gets tpb treatment. That's where kids should get it anyone: kids sections of bookstore, school bookfairs, ect.
    Well, I have been buying and reading it since the first issue.

But since I buy it off the "newsstand" (at Barnes & Noble) instead of at a comic book shop that goes through Diamond Distribution for its orders, I don't know if my purchase really "counts" to DC. (All those numbers for sales people throw around here every month are normally based on what Diamond deals in, not any other sources for comic books.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I TRIED to like it and managed to hold on buying it until the 6th issue but I just couldn't get into it. Tried readin it to my 6 year old but she preferred golden age Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel books. I'm still onboard with all the other Super Titles though.

And so ends the DCNU's best Superman book.

Good night, sweet prince

Nah, Action Comics wasn't canceled, so the best DCNU Superman book is just fine.

In any case, sorry for those who enjoyed this book, I don't know what the sales were but word of mouth was good. Just was never my cup of tea.

No, I hadn't. That's perfect, thanks :)
    You know, they really should have sold these books in Walgreens instead of comic book stores.
    Last edited by net06; 01-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...