Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post

While it was revived for the movies as an action comedy, like Ghostbusters, there really wasn't as much butt-kicking going on in Charlie's Angels, as people seem to remember. Though they are rarely recognized as such by comic book fans, the first three Batman films of the 1990s were action comedies, and NOT pure action-adventure films, like the successful Terminator and Alien movie franchises. Action comedies are popular in America; so, Angels did well at the Box office.

Are you being serious? Charlie's Angels contained quite a bit of action. At least 90% of the movie was action oriented, very similar to Kill Bill. Same is true with Ghostbusters, just that the action just involved a different sort of action. And Wonder Woman would probably be better compared to Ghostbusters than Charlie's Angels, because of the more similar genre. Ghostbusters, at least in the US, is quite iconic, but had similar issues with Wonder Woman in that the studios did not capitalize of the show's success properly, as compared to other franchises that eventually became more popular in way of being more readily available. I think what happened to Charlie's Angels is the attempt at making the television serious came far too late; the attempt came about ten years removed from the movies; as far as Wonder Woman, the issue is complicated by her own audience, with the executives too afraid to buck the trend in a certain way, despite honest advice; I suggest something, they go in the completely opposite direction; that mindset may ultimately drive Wonder Woman into extinction; sure, there will still be an audience, but Wonder Woman will be gone; nothing new however, happens all the time; something driven to extinction by ego; also, there's this harder part of trying to predict the evolving taste of the audience; it appears that the audience after about 2004 evolves very quickly, so it's going to always be hard to create something for it's taste that existed before this audience that was not transitioning into this generation when this audience went into existence; the other route is creating something brand new such as something like Harry Potter or Avatar; although something from the past may be much better from the eyes of someone that existed in this audience and earlier audiences, you can't really convince anyone who does not have a perspective for things from an earlier audience, because, obviously, they did not exist yet, while the audience is also disinterested in what was good in earlier time periods. Look at the repeated phrases that 70s shows were campy; that's even starting to be said about 90s shows. I guess you'll just have to try to wait out that current trendy mindset, as it will always change; however, what will the new trendy mindset become? It's a hit or miss gamble.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 01-13-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Cuz she was HOT. Getting kinda nipply in here isn't it?

Yeah, but to me, even Jaclyn Smith was better.
    I guess it has something to do with being blonde in the 70s.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Yeah, but to me, even Jaclyn Smith was better.
    I guess it has something to do with being blonde in the 70s.
    I was always a Jacklyn Smith fan. Then when Tanya Roberts came, I had to switch to another favorite

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Are you being serious? Charlie's Angels contained quite a bit of action. At least 90% of the movie was action oriented, very similar to Kill Bill...
    Are YOU serious? I was talking about the Charlie's Angels TV show. Not nearly as violent, as the two movies. Lighten up.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    Are YOU serious? I was talking about the Charlie's Angels TV show. Not nearly as violent, as the two movies. Lighten up.
    Ok, but your post seemed to indicate that you were discussing both the movies and 70s tv show. But was the Charlie's Angels 70s tv show about action oriented as the Wonder Woman tv show? I believe they were both equivalent in terms of action.

I'd say that they're on par.
    Dream Boy's Dynamic Divas:
    Wonder Woman. Amethyst. Starfire. Spider Woman. Dazzler. Hellcat. Witchblade. Black Canary. Donna Troy. Wonder Girl. Huntress. Karma. Danielle Moonstar. Magik. Magma. Jean Grey. Psylocke. She-Hulk. Emma Frost. Ms. Marvel. Supergirl. Catwoman. Wolfsbane. Firestar. Fire & Ice. Dr. Light. Arachne. Snowbird. Tigra. The Wasp. Dream Girl. Saturn Girl. Marvel Girl. Polaris. Looker. Vampirella. Red Sonja. Zatanna. Dawnstar.

"Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Maybe when it comes to 70s' TV shows. But I never understood all the raving about Farrah Fawcett
    She was pretty and didn't wear a bra...?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    She was pretty and didn't wear a bra...?
    And the hair, the hair was different for the time. But it's a bit like Cheryl Tiegs 1978 swimsuit photo, for the time it was just so daring.

It's difficult to imagine a tv show like Charlie's Angels has the same fame as Wonder Woman. But Charlie's Angels is a group while Wonder Woman is solo. The variety of faces in Charlie's Angels is very inspirational for women, but Wonder Woman's image is easier to focus on.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    It's difficult to imagine a tv show like Charlie's Angels has the same fame as Wonder Woman. But Charlie's Angels is a group while Wonder Woman is solo. The variety of faces in Charlie's Angels is very inspirational for women, but Wonder Woman's image is easier to focus on.
    Also Diana ran her own life and they were dependent on Charlie.